What do you do to relieve stress?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Gloryontheway, Apr 10, 2014.

1. siltonmart

siltonmart New Member

If it was in the beginning of the stage then we can better treat with the some basic exercises and tips, in some cases it will be becoming more severe due to heavy pressure which will be happen by work tensions or some other. At that stage they become so dull, they must consult doctor fro recover from those conditions.
    Mental health therapist

ShanShan likes this.
  2. SuperMomMVP

SuperMomMVP New Member

Zumba is my go-to stress relief! I get lost in the music and come out of class having burned 1000 calories and feel on top of the world!!

ShanShan likes this.
  3. Stress for me is my driving force to survive in my daily endeavors. In times that I am unable to tolerate the effects of stress, I usually lock myself in my room and calm myself down. This way, I will be able to have time for myself and relax a bit. Being alone helps me to think about other means to intervene the situation or whatever it is that triggered my stress.

ShanShan likes this.
  4. pechkin

pechkin New Member

Dancing, drawing, writing, singing - any form of art is good at releiving stress. Some countries have centuries worth of experience in releiving stress. Because of todays pop culture and science obsession, people tend to forget all those cultural gifts those people gave to us, but no science will be able to reproduce all that experience with their experiments, the sample will never be big enough.
    Oh and besides arts, there are martial arts too, it's really better to punch some bag when you are stressed, instead of your buddy, right?:D
    Don't worry, be happy, that's it.

ShanShan likes this.
  5. Judith14

Judith14 New Member

I would go for a drive to relieve stress, get some sleep or even exercise. I would also reduce my work schedule and incorporate more free time to be with friends and family. I would also take some alone time to read a novel or watch my favorite movie. I believe that the more I take care of myself by relieving stress, the more I can take care of my life occurrences and still be there for others.

6. mightymap2

mightymap2 New Member

No one likes too much stress. There are many ways to relieve stress. I like to exercise. It's a great way to stay healthy and relieve stress at the same time. Eat well and go for a long walk and you will feel refreshed and energized. Also be sure to get plenty of rest and don't sweat the small stuff.

7. mightymap2

mightymap2 New Member

No one likes too much stress. There are many ways to relieve stress. I like to exercise. It's a great way to stay healthy and relieve stress at the same time. Eat well and go for a long walk and you will feel refreshed and energized. Also be sure to get plenty of rest and don't sweat the small stuff.

8. merizo91

merizo91 New Member

What i like to do to relieve my stress is get away from it all, take a long walk on the beach enjoying a little of mother nature, have a nice swim in the ocean, go watch a movie, go hiking, or go get some take out and eat away.

9. Barbra Anne Dumlao

Barbra Anne Dumlao New Member

My stress-busters usually are the following - prayer, reflection, eating and sleeping well, nutrition, good company (no negative vibes), reading an inspiring book, good music, going to a quiet place to recharge. Being in the midst of nature also helps!

10. dionb89

dionb89 New Member

Whenever I am stressed, I try to find a quite space and meditate. Initially, I found it hard to silence my mind from all the thoughts running in and out. So, I decided to find mantra's that could replace my stressful thoughts with positive affirmations. In other words, I also read self-help books or quotes that reprograms my way of thinking. Then, I find a peaceful environment for my meditation. It works, but it takes practice.

11. WendyIrene92

WendyIrene92 New Member

I usually go out dancing to relieve stress. Sometimes I need to just be inside my own head so I go on a run instead, sometimes I just need to sleep before I do any of that. Sleep is huge in relieving stress, there are times when just going out dancing or for a run is not helpful because my body and brain are too tired to try to fight stress.

12. Bambi21

Bambi21 New Member

I listen to music and pin on Pinterst

13. Mary Cheshier

Mary Cheshier New Member

Dancing is a great stress reliever. But I have to say, an 'aggressive' walk does my mental disposition wonders! But any physical exercise helps me calm down.

14. reay4u

reay4u New Member

Stress can be a pain in the butt and it can cause health issues. One of my favorite things to do to relieve stress is write. I write about anything until I am tired of writing. Sometimes it helps to write about the thing that's stressing you out. It's also helpful to research and write down ways to avoid stress. To relieve stress I also listen to music. Music, for me, is an escape. It helps to keep my mind off of what is going on in my life. If all else fails, it may be helpful to deal with the thing that may be causing the stress head on. It's okay to eliminate anything that may bring stress into your life.

15. james_watson890

james_watson890 New Member

Dancing, drawing, writing, singing - any form of art is good at releiving stress. Some countries have centuries worth of experience in releiving stress. Because of todays pop culture and science obsession, people tend to forget all those cultural gifts those people gave to us, but no science will be able to reproduce all that experience with their experiments, the sample will never be big enough.
    Oh and besides arts, there are martial arts too, it's really better to punch some bag when you are stressed, instead of your buddy, right?
    Don't worry, be happy, that's it.

16. Judy3

Judy3 New Member

Its the end of the work day and all I want to do is exhale, let loose, and chill. Over the years the things I've done to relax have changed. In my 20's and 30's relaxing meant meeting up with friends after work in the most hip bar that we could find. Being in the company of ambitious, attractive, young professionals was the thing that made me feel the demanding work day was all worth it. But as my mid 30's crept up, solitude and quiet were the thing for me. I've always meditated, but it was quickly becoming a lifestyle, an activity entrenched in every moment of my day instead of just a habit I engaged in at the end of the night. And when my mind is too busy to relax, meditation cd's are a godsend. Add to that a relaxing bath or cleansing shower, clean fresh smelling linens, the glow of aromatic candles and I can have peace and tranquility in an instant.

17. Shilpa Bhadri

Shilpa Bhadri New Member

Best way to relieve stress is perform some Yoga. Yoga is the best medicine for any kind of stress. yoga will increase your mental ability and keep your body stable. Variety of yoga poses are available to get relieved from stress.

18. Clandry21

Clandry21 New Member

I walk/run, it helps me think and relieves build up stress.

19. Paulo Roldan

Paulo Roldan New Member

I take long walks by myself, play drums and rehearse with my band, play with my seven years old boy, listen to music outloud, have a beer, and watch movies, among many other activities. Just be creative, change your routine from time to time and have fun!

20. +vibes

+vibes New Member

For quick stress relief, I drink enough water to calm myself and if circumstances permit I would next go outside to give myself some breathing space. I would then do a conscious breathing exercise for 2-3 minutes to relax my mind. I would also do a five-minute body stretching to relax my muscle. I have proven these ways effective for me. :)

21. AnnieWall

AnnieWall New Member

Any type of exercise helps me to reduce my stress level, but when I feel stressed I love to dance. Music and dancing is one of those combination which is just magic. It can help you to drift away, and moving your body when you feel stressed is just absolutely great. Sometimes, I must admit, I find that going out for a nice dinner and enjoying a bottle of wine really works as well. If I have had a bad day at work, I might just treat myself to a gin and tonic.

22. MountainFruit888

MountainFruit888 New Member

I try to forget about everything by watching no-stop Youtube videos. When I do this, I do not have a care in the world and it is as if the whole world stops. In those moments, all I focus on is having a fun time before going to sleep and having to go back to work the next day.

23. Sometimes I walk and grumble about what's stressing me out. Sometimes I read, or I journal about the problem which often leads to uncovering more junk that's bothering me.

24. sekko

sekko New Member

I'm doing a lot of sports, so I get a lot of stress away by this. But sometimes this isn't enough. If something is bothering my mind i will go to a river or lake around where I live. Then i just sit there and watch the water. Nothing is keeping me more calm than that.

25. thebluedot

thebluedot New Member

I meditate for 5 minutes to relieve stress. It's really simple and works well. Also i breathe deeply. Also i talk with my friends and family members. It is one of the best tool to relive stress.

26. ajbolron

ajbolron New Member

My favorite way to de-stress is to take a hot bath with Epsom salts and lavender essential oils at the end of the night. Lavender has been proven to help relax and calm and the Epsom salts have minerals that the body needs. I than drink a nice warm mug of caffeine free tea and get lost in a good book. Reading always helps me to take my mind off of the things that are stressing me. This is also a good nightly routine for anyone that has trouble sleeping due to stress. The better quality sleep you can get the better you can handle stress.

27. Savedbythesmell

Savedbythesmell New Member

Ever since I experienced my first panic attack, I have been using deep breathing excercises and positive self talk to help alleviate stress. In addition to those techniques, I have also consulted a therapist for weekly sessions so I can discuss any uncomfortable issues that I feel my family and friends may not understand.

28. joseb8

joseb8 New Member

I do YOGA ! Yoga has a unique way of strengthening and toning your body, improving flexibility and enhancing your sense of well being.

29. Peter oye

Peter oye New Member

I do paint. I like to paint abstract figures. listening to music while painting is the way to relieve stress. Apart from these, if I don't have enough paint or canvasses, I like to bequiet and alone in my room. A time to think about good things that I have achieved and have fresh ideas for the future.

joseb8 likes this.
  30. poypoy

poypoy New Member

Stress is everywhere, I mean whether your a teenager that is cramming for school works or an adult who rushes in work deadlines, its really lives in every person. If one individual lets be eaten by stress, then that's really frustrating.

Me, as a working individual have ways of relieving stresses in my life. My first method includes connecting with people. A good support from colleagues, friends and family can ease my work troubles and help me see things in a happy way.

Next is to have time for myself. I mean, we all need to have some time for socializing, relaxation and having fun right?

Lastly is to be positive. Looking for the positives in life makes each day grateful and easier.

I hoped my methods helped you :)