What do you prefer? Original Songs or Cover songs?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mia09, May 19, 2019.

1. selectra

selectra Member

Original songs. Even if the cover is better my preference will still be for the original.

2. Janner29

Janner29 New Member

Well as to my preference, Both original songs and cover songs are good, but basically, what I consider the most is the origin of a particular song, I do have great respect for composers who composed great songs of all time and I salute for those bands and artists who do covers and give their own flavors a particular songs, yet just like seeing a fruitful healthy tree, covers songs are the branches or even the fruit of the tree, but let us not forget that a tree cannot stand without its root. Original songs are the root and we should pay high respect for it.

3. Cesssie

Cesssie New Member

I usually prefer original songs but there are lots of cover songs which sounds better than the original one.

4. subhan456f

subhan456f Member

• Whitney Houston, “I Will Always Love You” (Dolly Parton) ...
    • Red Hot Chili Peppers, “Higher Ground” (Stevie Wonder) ...
    • Aretha Franklin, “Respect” (Otis Redding) ...
    • Johnny Cash, “Hurt” (Nine Inch Nails) ...
    • Sam Smith, “Fast Car” (Tracy Chapman) ...
    • Ryan Adams, “Wonderwall” (Oasis) ...
    • Janis Joplin, “Me and Bobby McGee” (Roger Miller)

5. snowvocaine

snowvocaine New Member

I don't know why, but I've always preferred original songs and never really liked or listened to cover songs at all. Maybe they were recommended to me by someone or it's a friend's version, yes, I would listen but normally, I wouldn't. Or another time I would try to listen is if there's a band/artist that I like and they did a cover of a song.

6. MelvinAngelo

MelvinAngelo Member

I choose Original song for me because the melody and impact to audience is unforgettable so i played always a original songs

1 person likes this.
  7. ctemple85

ctemple85 New Member

i prefer original songs. The covers just never compare, same with remixes of songs.

8. sivanro

sivanro New Member

I really like original songs because I like to be able to feel the rawness in their voice in every word they utter. In most cases, the lines that they sing usually represent the emotions that they are feeling when they wrote it. However, regardless whether a song is original or not, I still respect and admire all the artists in the industry.

9. jjmontero

jjmontero Member

sometime cover songs. It gives different arrangement to the original song.

10. leidemilla

leidemilla New Member

some songs look better on the covers, depends on the song is good or not

11. Lorey99

Lorey99 New Member

i'd much rather listen to original songs, cover songs do no captivate that real feeling of the song.

12. grafitzki

grafitzki New Member

I get what you mean, but I feel like it always depends on the song. Hearing other interpretations is always very interesting, but if I like the sound of the original more I prefer it. Guess I'm just more interested in the original intention of the song.

13. Badman001

Badman001 New Member

I prefer both type of songs and I found that sometime cover song is more attractive then orignal songs .

14. Smcts1978

Smcts1978 New Member

The original song is always original and first to the rating. Nothing can change it nor replace it. But It's fun to listen also to cover songs, with a different melody, vocal, style and some changes its lyrics. Besides, it gives other performers to sing the song of their senior or idol. Even me a non-performer or non-singer wishes to sing all the favorites song, I'd like to sing.