What does success look like to you?

Discussion in 'Website Management & Blogging' started by Edward Costa, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Edward Costa

Edward Costa New Member

Each person should have their own definition of success.

For me, my initial goal was to have enough free time so that I could pick up a book and read whenever I wanted. This meant not working a job that required me punching a time-clock, success means quitting my job. However, I've come to realize that this is not a very good goal. It's not good because it's a bit too abstract, a good goal should be more specific. With my initial goal in mind, I should be answering the question: How much money do I need to earn from my blog so that I can quit my job and blog full-time?

Of course, everyone says that you shouldn't start a blog with the goal of earning money. That there are far easier career paths. This may explain why my first few attempts have failed.

What did you want to accomplish when you decided to start a blog? What is/was your goal?

2. Magnum

Magnum New Member

Success to me is a reward
    If you have a goal and you achieve it the your a successor.

3. Kateyy222

Kateyy222 New Member

Success to me is not actually having all the material things in the world, not about having a good career, a nice house. But success to me is when you finally live your life with contentment, having a good night sleep without thinking of any negative things in life, living with the love of your life happily.

I actually graduated an Engineering course and of course passed my boards but until now I still cannot say that I am happy and contented with it, I still cannot say that I am successful, because I still consider my life still a work in progress.

4. Toyabank404

Toyabank404 Member

Success can look like a number of things depending on where you place it. I think success is when you've pretty much streamlined your life so go smoothly so that you can enjoy. It's not so much about material things but appreciating your experiences and reaping the benefits of your hard work

5. DavidD-QNui

DavidD-QNui New Member

For me success is not based on the amount of money you earn (even if I strongly think that without money you can't be happy).
    The true success for me is when you are recognized by number of others like a reference in what you do and for you, its still a passion only.

When you are passionate about something you don't feel like working doing it and you don't see the hours passing.
    I think that's for this reason the people told you that blogging looking for money isn't the right move.
    Blogging about a passion and then earn money because of the quality of your content is better.
    You will help other get knowledge in your passion, maybe you will transmit it to them and you will earn money at the same time. Isn't it the definition of true success ?

6. djsanmartin

djsanmartin New Member

For me, success is accomplishing the goals that you have for yourself and for other people be it small or big. It doesn't have to be as big as running your own company or winning an Olympic medal. It could be as simple as making time for your loved ones, sharing your blessings to those who are in need or by simply being there for a friend when they need you. That's my definition of success.

7. Bongs

Bongs New Member

There are only three things that really define whether a person is successful or not and we have total control of all three.

1. Money - I am sorry to say this first but without money we really cannot enjoy all that life has to offer.
    2. Health - We need our health to do literally everything in life.
    3. Relationships - The creator being the first person we need to have a relationship with. He will then teach us how to make other relationships succeed.

Look at these three and tell me if anything is missing here. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

So to me, and in fact I say to everyone ... these three points is what success looks like ... PERIOD

8. hanylen

hanylen New Member

In my childhood days,
    My point of view of being successful is having a diploma, a highest paying job, house and lot at a perfect family.
    But
    As I grow up,
    Being successful is by still standing and picking yourself up after every problem.
    Life isn't just as simple as to live happily ever after.
    Success is how you get up from mud, moved on from failures and learn from mistakes.

9. AronDhooge

AronDhooge New Member

If I have to be specific, I would say success for me is having 2000-3000 euros of passive income a month. This would give me a lot of free time to be with family and friends and do a lot of sports. Also this would be the time you could go after that goal you had. For example a dream job you had, but the job doesn't pay enough to live from, if you don't have any other income sources. Or maybe you could spend your time and money in a great business idea, if it doens't work out, you still have your passive income to live from.

10. cecesjv

cecesjv New Member

Success looks like someone who is healthy, wealthy and enjoys all the perks of life with his cherished ones. Of course success can be defined from different viewpoints and some may think that a perfectly balanced life is impossible to get. Difficult but not impossible. Work hard and enjoy the fruits however you feel like, spend it, share it, give it away, it's up to you really. If you can do whatever you please with the money you made with no reservations and regrets then you are successful.

11. matthewlamar

matthewlamar New Member

I am a success, so success is basically knowing what your worth and when you do it is really easy to attain your life-goal, people tend to say that I am not successful yet but, what you don't know is that success is literally that you are a success.

12. Mecheslia

Mecheslia New Member

The definition of success differs from one person to another. Most people work hard throughout their lives to achieve success. That might mean acquiring an education, being able to take care of one’s family, achieving a life’s ambition, or making money. One interesting view about success is that it means something different to each person. Also, perceptions of success can be faulty. A person may seem to be successful, but ruin can easily follow if a person has made poor choices to achieve his ideal of success.

When one is looking for success, one should concentrate on one’s strengths rather than pursuing goals in those areas where they are likely not to enjoy a certain degree of achievement. And I strongly believe that having aspirations and dreams, as well as taking them seriously and pursuing them, is critical. A dream that is deeply meaningful to you, one that galvanizes you into committed action, makes life worth living. It gets you up on rainy mornings and keeps you going, serving as a source of both motivation and inspiration.

Don’t let anyone define for you what your life should look like or who you should be. Success is whatever you say it is.

13. jldg

jldg New Member

Success is a status. It is not a destination but rather something that has to be maintained. Success is the consistency of progress. Being successful means you are getting better every time. Success means you have surpassed your one great and only competitor, yourself. If you are achieving your goals one step at a time without hurting someone and without losing your humanity. If you are able to give back because you are just overflowing with resources or the fruits of your labor, then that is what I call success.

14. Saetwa

Saetwa New Member

Success varies from person to person. For me success is when i have made a name for myself. I have opened a business and its doing well. I have a number of employees working for me with good renumeration and bonuses for work well done. Success is when my family is doing well in life, have perfect health and are basically happy. Success is when i have a peace of mind and am satisfied with what life has to offer me. Success is when i will be able to get rid of bad habits and things that derail me in life. I don't know about you..

15. fakhriadam

fakhriadam New Member

Success, in my opinion, is the end of the road to a long journey of a long struggle and perseverance and good planning

16. Mecheslia

Mecheslia New Member

The definition of success differs from one person to another. Most people work hard throughout their lives to achieve success. That might mean acquiring an education, being able to take care of one’s family, achieving a life’s ambition, or making money. One interesting view about success is that it means something different to each person. Also, perceptions of success can be faulty. A person may seem to be successful, but ruin can easily follow if a person has made poor choices to achieve his ideal of success.

When one is looking for success, one should concentrate on one’s strengths rather than pursuing goals in those areas where they are likely not to enjoy a certain degree of achievement. And I strongly believe that having aspirations and dreams, as well as taking them seriously and pursuing them, is critical. A dream that is deeply meaningful to you, one that galvanizes you into committed action, makes life worth living. It gets you up on rainy mornings and keeps you going, serving as a source of both motivation and inspiration.

17. jwriter

jwriter New Member

My main goal when starting to learn about blogging and digital marketing was mainly to be able to work without the need to be in a specific physical place every day. As in any other career you will need to put lots of hours in if you want to get a decent pay in the end of the month, but the freedom to work from home or from any other place where you want to be is pretty amazing. It takes discipline and hard work to make it happen, but it is so worth it to get away from the regular office routine and nagging co-workers :)

18. Poostloop

Poostloop New Member

We have different definitions of success. We perceive things differently because that is what we are. There is a lot of ways to achieve success mine is good but maybe yours is better. It sometimes easy to achieve or most of the time it is hard. What we need is a heroic faith and motivation in order for us to achieve success. It may be hard, it may be impossible, it may lead to different outcomes, it is not a big deal. After all, that is how success should be attained.

19. Rejoyce

Rejoyce Member

Success for me is achieving what you want in life. For me, it's equal to stability and contentment. When you're already successful, you won't look for other things anymore.

20. Erimo

Erimo Member

Success for me is serving the purpose of my existence.

21. Hanna08

Hanna08 New Member

The success for me is achieve my dream all my life. I have house and others that I want

22. Clarachrist

Clarachrist New Member

I definitely feel success is living in my dream house with my family. Absolutely owning a dream house, a dream car and going for dream vacation is my success and happiness which I can be proud of.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  23. nicegentleman

nicegentleman New Member

To me, success is when people actually take the time to read your blog. Even if you don't make any money from it, that is success. That means someone took the time out of their busy day to read your writings. Now, does that mean that I'm not going to try to get paid for writing my blogs and providing content? Of course not! That's why I'm here! However, I love when people respond to what I write. That's my success.

24. josemarimallari01

josemarimallari01 New Member

Some people measure success by the number of zeroes in their bank account. I won't argue against that really, who doesn't want to not worry about where to get the money to buy food, not worry about hospital bills when you get sick, not worry about getting back to work after doing a great family vacation over the weekend with the people you love. It is great to have all the money you can ever need in one lifetime. Nothing wrong with that, right?

Some would measure success by the number of medals and trophies that they have on their shelves. Nothing wrong with that either, some people will train all their lives just to get that medal. Some people conquer distances, break and overcome their physical limits just for that piece of gold that you can hang on the wall.

Personally, I define my success, whether I get to raise my kid as a good person someday. He is all that is left of me, he is everything to me. He is the only thing that keeps me sane.

Success is hard to define, atleast for me, everyone has their own definition of success, at the end of the day, we are the ones who can truly say whether we were successful in life or not.

25. Rooneey

Rooneey Member

For me success is not about being rich and have a fancy life. But for me, my true definition of success is being with my family. They are part of my success. One day, i'll give them whatever they want. I want them to be happy. Seeing my family happy is the true meaning of my success.

26. evequicho

evequicho Member

The fruit of hard labor is success. To be able to achieve your goals in life, you need to work on it. For instance, when you want to be a dean's lister, you need to practice self-discipline.

27. Allanjohn30

Allanjohn30 Member

Success is a huge subject to explain and justify. But in my own opinion, success is something that satisfies my heart's desires. Sometimes, I didn't notice that I have been achieving success everyday due to my little desires. Well, I know that I need to label my level of success in the community that is why I set my goals, and once I achieve them, they will be my biggest success in life.

28. gabrielapostu

gabrielapostu Member

Financial independence

29. Twinklebisnar

Twinklebisnar Member

Success is when you are happy and contented with what you have achieved.

30. RedPhoenix

RedPhoenix New Member

I think success for me is knowing that you have helped a lot of people better themselves. Success for me is not about how much money your earning or having titles. For me it is about changing the lives of those people you work with. And knowing that even if you're no longer with them you are confident that you have touched their lives and share a part of you.