What does success look like to you?

Discussion in 'Website Management & Blogging' started by Edward Costa, Jan 17, 2019.

1. kianluis

kianluis New Member

Isn't success when you achieve a goal you set out for yourself? I think it depends on the person and what they wanted out of something. For example, winning or being on top doesn't always mean success because sometimes, the goal for some people is more than those things and those things are not enough. On the other hand, losing and failing can mean success for some people because their goal is to try, get experience and learn. The mindset matters when you try to tackle a goal - do you want to win or do you simple want to try?

2. cristy21

cristy21 New Member

Like many, I grew up equating money and power with success, and for a time, that framed my definition. But as I've matured, that has changed. You see, success is a very personal thing. I define success as living my true purpose and having a positive impact on the lives of people by uplifting them and inspiring them to think and act in ways that they may not have considered before,knowing that what you are doing is helping you and others lead a better, happier, healthier life.and most importantly success is being contented of what you have .

3. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

Success is being able to accomplish your goals in the best way possible. It also means seeing your hard work benefit you and everyone else. It is being in control of your life by living it the way you want to live it. It is when you found your place and purpose in this world. That is what it means.

4. hlabajosa1966

hlabajosa1966 Member

Success is the achievement of the desired and planned GOAL. Success depends on how an individual perceived it.

5. joanarc321

joanarc321 Member

Success for me is attaining the goal I have set for myself. It is the feeling of happiness and excitement when you know you have overcome the challenges through your dedication and hard work that leads you to achieve what you have aimed. Success also means being contented in what you have desired.

6. roserosee

roserosee New Member

It's being able to give back to those that helped you reach your current standing. For me, success isn't measured by how much I have attained for myself but more on how much I could give in return- may that be in monetary units or gratitude. I want the status of success for me to be defined as looking back many years from now and knowing that I didn't just work hard for myself but also to share the blessings I have received. To this, I could say that I still have a long way to go but I will always aim to give back, give credit where it is due and forever be grateful with the things I have.

7. Deedat001

Deedat001 New Member

Success is a pleasure, For working a long time and succeeding by the end.

8. hlabajosa1966

hlabajosa1966 Member

SUCCESS is the result of mind set it differs from one another person.The key to success is depend on mind settings ,contentment and happiness.Doing the best is all that matters ,if you want to succeed & achieve the desired result dont compete with others but you have to go out and get it by your own.TO be successful be positive in what you are thinking and doing in LIFE.

9. gcm2455

gcm2455 Member

The question seems to be looking for an analogy, a clear comparison that could either vividly picture or illustrate success. So, using an analogy, I visualize success as a prized ring or crown that glows even in the dark. It is lodged as the pinnacle of a dream. It is the prize so lofty that even the waves of troubles and disappointments could never ever dislodge. It awaits someone who has tried his best to conquer and claim it. He won't pay for it anymore, for it is a prize or reward. The efforts and struggles are the payments for it. Attaining it makes you a king or queen. You have dominion over what you have conquered. It is conspicuous to others because it heralds victory over the circumstances that could have trodden one down. Therefore, success is a crown yearned for and eventually won.

10. milkyways

milkyways New Member

I think for me, success is when I achieved all my goals in life. Success is also when you become happy and contented with what you have.

11. gcm2455

gcm2455 Member

It is only through the grace of Jesus Christ can we attain true and sweet success!

12. Treveez

Treveez Member

For me
    Ask yourself honestly if you will always be in charge and what your team will look like. Figure out how your business will look, feel, and act when it's all grown up. Having a clear vision allows you to define success. If you've never written a business vision, write one now.

13. Treveez

Treveez Member

For me
    Ask yourself honestly if you will always be in charge and what your team will look like. Figure out how your business will look, feel, and act when it's all grown up. Having a clear vision allows you to define success. If you've never written a business vision, write one now.

14. RitaT

RitaT New Member

Succes is reaching your goal that you planned out. It can be anything you want. Succes is nothing but a personal goal what you achieved. Succes is what you defined as a succes and not somebody else. What you find a succes does not mean that somebody else find that as a succes.

15. Jeloop23

Jeloop23 New Member

Each and everyone of us has a goal in life that we are hoping to achieve within a more or less fixed timeframe. Once we have achieve it that is success, it's about getting the things that we aim for. For me, success is a plan that I accomplish or a dream that does come true. Though we do have different perspectives in life, some people consider success when there are famous, wealthy and achiever while some people consider it when they have everything they need in life, regardless the amount or highness of a certain achievement.
    Success is achieving the things that we exerted effort, strong desire and determination. Sometimes it is really hard to achieve the things that we've always dreamed of but we have to bear in mind that everything has a second or third chances. Your past experiences can be a lesson learned for you achieve the success you are always wanting.

16. Success is being able to realize your dreams in life. We all have set out goals that we wish to achieve. We do and exert efforts to make and when we finally get around to it that's sweet success.

17. jackiejackie

jackiejackie Member

To different people of different walks of life, success could have different meanings. It actually depends on how you define it yourself. Some people have simpler qualification for it while others require more.

Personally, I thought of myself as a success knowing that I am surrounded by loving people, friendly community, and a fulfilling teaching career. Since I am a simple person, I consider simple things a success.

18. kumarsunil123

kumarsunil123 Member

Success means what you want you achieved. If you want to become doctor and your goal is achieved, you are successful. Most of Students prepare for government job and some students achieved the goal, they are successful. Success is different types of and different people but i want to online job at home easily. I want to successful in online income. This is a great job and respectful job.

19. yhanmar08

yhanmar08 Member

Success for me is when i see my kids to be successful in their career that they choose. Most of the moms like me agreed to me about success. Because all of our life we are here them. Help the to grow and to achieve what they want to do in their life. It was a big accomplishment to us when i see the achieveing their goals

20. elliethegypsy

elliethegypsy Member

Living comfortably, traveling the world, doing what you want to do without thinking about money matters are some of the things that I can describe success. And of course, when you can achieve what you want to get in your entire life.

21. Treveez

Treveez Member

They set goals and work toward achieving them. They know what they want to accomplish and have created a plan. Tirelessly, they work the plan to achieve success. Still, there are many have never envisioned what success looks like.

22. ohevit

ohevit Member

Success to me looks like a pinnacle that needs to be reached. Of course, it entails uphill battles and struggles. Since it is on top, it calls for an ascent that goes against the pull of gravity. Lots of obstacles and sometimes, failures get into the scene. It is also a rough ride with which others do not like to go with you. However, one who is determined to attain it ignores all hindrances. Others who may oppose do not have the same dream. So, it could be a lonesome ride at times.

But when the pinnacle is already reached, all the hardships and sufferings are obliterated by the joy of having obtained the goal. Nothing beats the satisfaction one gets from attaining success.

23. Treveez

Treveez Member

Being exceptional. My parents instilled this goal in me from as early as I could remember. Be number one in my class in elementary school.

24. Treveez

Treveez Member

Success is the ability to do what you love every day. This may sound simple ... “Success to me means creating and maintaining balance in my life .

25. Treveez

Treveez Member

Figure out what success means to you. When you can answer that question, you will be better prepared to outline your goals. Here is what success looks like to me:

26. glenda18

glenda18 New Member

As you search for your dream job or build your dream business, it is easy to get caught up in the chase, in the next step, in always looking forward. You can get so caught up in reaching for success that you don’t take the time to enjoy what is right in front of you. You might even get so caught up that you don’t recognize success when it is right in front of you.
    If you don’t know what success looks like, how will you know when you reach it? I think you might be surprised to learn that you are succeeding – right now! What were your goals a few years? Did you accomplish them and then set new, higher goals? Did you take the time to celebrate those successes?
    Today’s Successes
    Sometimes, we are so consumed with our next career goals we forget to celebrate when we reach our current goals.. That can lead to burn out or feeling overwhelmed.
    So before you start making next year’s goals, stop. Figure out what success means to you. When you can answer that question, you will be better prepared to outline your goals.

27. mithul

mithul Member

SUCCESS for me is always challenging , as i have very few in my career.I also believe that it is reward for tiring hardwork and smartwork in one's life.:love:

Attached Files:

28. jpvelascooo

jpvelascooo Member

According to me, success differs from person to person. Everyone's want success in there life, For me success is self satisfaction. To me success is the key of my happiness.

Being successful means the achievement of a desire vision and a planned goal, To me success means to have a goal , plan the steps to achieve a goals set for myself, Success need hardwork, potential , patience, perseverance, sacrifice, learning and self believe. Through this successful journey we learn alot, Great people like Steve jobs , Stephen Hawking , Denzel Washington, Thomas Watson, Oprah Winfrey..etc… they are the best examples for the real success. They inspired alot of people…

Success is not in what you have ,but who you are. Success should be walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm, And lastly… “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value".

29. nglin34

nglin34 New Member

For me, there are two kinds of success. There is financial success, and then there is personal satisfaction. Financial success is when something makes me enough money that I can comfortably live off of for the foreseeable future. Personal success on the other hand is something that goes much deeper. Personal success isn't about money or fame, but about happiness. Personally success for me is doing something that brings me happiness and joy, a feeling of purpose, and a feeling of satisfaction with what I am doing. Personal satisfaction is the real form of success.

30. stphniemaun

stphniemaun New Member

You will know you are successful when you have the fulfillment and contentment in your heart. Success is when you can see the fruit of your hard work and when you have a successor of what you have built.