What drives you to freelance, Passion or Money?

Discussion in 'The Freelance Life' started by Mhykelite, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Mhykelite

Mhykelite New Member

I've often communicated with freelancers and realized there are different notion as to why they go into freelance. Some say they freelance because they needed cash to pay bills, others say they like engaging in things they feel passionate about.

What's your take?

2. Rowenafranco

Rowenafranco New Member

All in one.passion because i love to share my own opinion,my own experience to others.expressing myself to others makes me feel relax and stress free.Well now a days to be honest,who doesn't need money?We all need this in our lives today.

3. Ethelmm

Ethelmm New Member

Most of the freelancing work I do is definitely for money followed by my passion for writing. Today's life sucks. You always have to work extra hard to meet your daily expenses. Awesome. Freelancing swiftly falls in as part of my passive income activity.

4. snesz08

snesz08 Member

I think both passion and money as freelancer. I work, because I want to earn more money at the same time it is my passion. I want to help my family and meet my daily needs. it is part of my daily active to work because I really enjoying what I do inside my house, no hassle and fee. you will earn a lot if you want.

5. Nytstalkerabby

Nytstalkerabby New Member

Basically my routine of living life drives me to go for these opportunities.... Depends differently with everyone I guess

6. Alzack50

Alzack50 Member

To be honest for money i think every freelance look for money, ofcourse to get money required efforts included passion.

7. guitarbro88

guitarbro88 New Member

Time and Opportunities. Time is definitely a big factor in freelance work. Back in the day when I was working a 'time card job', just the thought of running to beat the clock so you won't be late gives me a headache, since the time it takes to travel to work takes up to 2 hours.

Just imagine travel, the time your spending on the road. The traffic is stressful enough that you're already tired when you arrived at the work site. The time spend to/from work (4-5 hours) and work (10-12 hours), it's just too tiring. Other than that, if you also have to work at night/ the overnight shift, then good luck. In younger years, you may still have the stamina for night shifts, but eventually, you'll feel the effect in your body. I once worked on a night shift for 3 years and I hated it.

Another important factor is 'opportunities for better work'. The Internet levels the playing field. Freelance work allows you to look for better opportunities with higher pay, which incidentally if you have no degree or higher education, you might not get in the traditional corporate setting.

8. abentasal

abentasal New Member

Honestly, I do freelance work because of money. Since I am a mother now, I have to find ways to earn extra income so I can help with the expenses at home. In this way, I can help ease the burden in my husband's shoulders in times of salary delays. I know it is their responsibility but I believe that it is between the husband and wife's decision in this matter. After all, we are as one now.

Of course, freelancing is flexible, I can choose part-time or full-time work, it depends. Since I am a wife and a mother, this really helped me or my family a lot.

9. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

A little bit of both for me. I need to make some extra money to make ends meet and for the things that I want to do. I am also passionate about what I do. If I don't do a good job, it means I did not give it my all. Those are my reasons.

10. nicegentleman

nicegentleman New Member

It's kind of both for me. I have the passion for it and I also like the money. I really can't choose between which one is more.

11. Alzack50

Alzack50 Member

Freelancer like me im work for money and of course involve passion.

12. expertwitness

expertwitness New Member

The main reason that I decided to be a freelancer is that I want to work in my own time and pace. With this kind of job, I can decide what time and how long I can work. I can have lots of time to spend with my family. I can play with my cats and dogs whenever I want. No travel expenses, no traffic, that is life!

13. yhanmar08

yhanmar08 Member

Im a mom of three, just recently i decided to have job and freelancing job is really suit to us as a mom. Because you can work anytime at your home plus you have more time to your family specially to your kids. You just need. to finish your work on time.
    I really enjoyed it and it was easy to work because you do not faced everyday traffic. It was really time consuming
    And that is why i decided to work at home.

14. Teambits

Teambits New Member

Freelancing is relatively important to me since it helps me to make some extra cash and for my love of writing it is mostly fun since when doing it l don't feel any burden because it is something l love.

15. jhemjeff

jhemjeff New Member

for me both. earning while doing the things that you love and passionate about.