What foods did you hate as a child, that you love now?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Natalyatarasenkova, Feb 23, 2013.

1. calvindwt

calvindwt New Member

I used to hate coffee, I could only stand it with a ton of sugar and milk, but now a cup of black coffee has become a morning ritual for me, without it I cant get going.

2. christineqrx

christineqrx New Member

Dark chocolate! I didn't like dark chocolate when I was younger. I thought it was a betrayal to what chocolate should be - sweet, creamy, and consumable in large quantities! Lol! But now, dark chocolate is my top pick at chocolate variants. On top of that, I actually grew up disliking anything too sweet.

3. Litnax

Litnax New Member

Eggplant. I hated it with all my guts but now I'm crazy about it and often trying new recipes to cook it.

4. amandaplease88

amandaplease88 New Member

I remember being little and hating the typical broccoli or green peas, but now I love them. I also remember being afraid to try cottage cheese but now I'm addicted!

5. anakvidal

anakvidal New Member

When I was a child I was a really picky eater, the kind that hates just about anything. My mom loves telling people stories of how I used to pick out little pieces of onions from the plate and hide it under the table cloth.
    The thing I remember hating the most, though, was mango juice. I never tasted it before but I just knew I hated it. One day I decided to try it at a friend's house, just because everyone else was drinking it, and I loved it! Now it has become my all time favorite juice.

6. Marie92

Marie92 New Member

As a child I hated Brussel Sprouts. It was disgusting. My mom used to steam them. I love them now, but I broil them. I season them with Lemon Pepper and the taste is wonderful. It is not only tasty it is also nutritious. Now I have to get my kids to love it. Maybe they will when they get older.

7. run2live

run2live New Member

As a child, I was a very picky eater -- I refused jelly with my peanut butter for years because it "felt slimy." Of course, thanks to texture issues, I would never touch an avocado. Now, I eat avocados whenever I can -- on sandwiches, in sushi, instead of mayo in tuna salad, even as a steak topping. It's absolutely delicious, and I can't believe how long I suffered through life without it.

8. GaiaGoddess

GaiaGoddess New Member

Cauliflower! If kids were given loaded cauliflower casserole they would all love it too! Basically it's a loaded potato baked in the oven with cauliflower instead of potato, and you honestly can't tell the difference!

9. katship17

katship17 New Member

During my childhood I pretty much hated most vegetables. Now, as an adult, I learned cooking techniques that make my vegetables delicious. Green beans, squash, and broccoli are among my favorites.

10. xila

xila New Member

I avoided nuts as a kid. Not because I was allergic, but because I wasn't daring enough to try "chocolate with almonds" when there was the safe option of "milk chocolate." My dad has a sweet tooth and he usually bought things like chocolate with hazelnuts, or ice cream bars covered with crushed peanuts. My mom liked to snack on peanuts while watching TV. She also bought peanut butter which I never ate. (Can you believe that?) Now, I love all kinds of nuts -- pistachios, Brazil nuts, cashews, coconuts -- you name it! I live in a city where nuts are really pricey. So I treasure the rare times that I do get to eat nuts.

11. mcamilletti

mcamilletti New Member

I used to absolutely HATE tea but now I'm obsessed with it. I usually drink 1 to 3 teas every day! Because I'm a singer, drinking tea helps soothe my vocal chords. I have also noticed that since I began drinking tea so often my immune system has gotten stronger as I rarely ever get sick. I'm glad I got over my distaste for tea!

12. laurencandacexo

laurencandacexo New Member

I used to hate any kind of green vegetables. My grandparents would force me to eat them. Green beans, broccoli, cabbage, okra -- ugh, that was the worst. Now, I eat them all since I've kind of turned into a health nut since becoming a mom.

13. shreve.june

shreve.june New Member

І usеd tо rеаllу dіslіkе grееn bеаns; nоw І lоvе thеm. Іt соuld bе thаt mу tаstе buds сhаngеd аs І gоt оldеr. І wаs аlwауs fоrсеd tо еаt thеm аt dіnnеr tіmе, аnd оnе dау І асtuаllу thоught thеу tаstеd gооd. Оnе thіng І hаtе іs реаs. Тhеrе’s sоmеthіng аbоut thе tехturе аnd tаstе thаt І јust dоn’t lіkе! І thіnk І саn survіvе wіthоut lоvіng реаs. Веsіdеs fооd, І dоn’t mіnd rеаdіng bооks. І usеd tо nоt rеаd bооks fоr рlеаsurе whеn І wаs уоungеr. Νоw thаt І аm іn hіgh sсhооl, wіth rеаdіng соmрrеhеnsіоn nоt аbоvе аvеrаgе, І hаvе іnvеstеd іn rеаdіng fоr рlеаsurе. І wіll sау thаt І аm vеrу рісkу іn сhооsіng bооks tо rеаd. Веіng а реrsоn wіthоut fіrm bоundаrіеs, І аm ореn tо сhаngе; І lоvе trуіng nеw fооds. Аnу fооd wіth реаs іn іt, І wіll trу, but wоn’t еnјоу – І guаrаntее.

14. Mickella189

Mickella189 New Member

As a child I was all skin and bones which means thay I hated all food! If you should see me now compared to then, you would be mindblown. I remember how I dreaded eating pork. Now, I'm a 'pork everything' kind of girl. Believe me, with changes overtime and adaptation to your surroundings, alot of your interests and tastes will change and adapt synonymously.

15. purplepens88

purplepens88 New Member

I used to hate tomatoes and eggs. It didn't matter how my mom made eggs - scrambled, poached, over easy, soft boiled. I would always snub my nose at eggs. Now I absolutely love them. I eat them any which way and almost every day. I also would not eat a raw tomatoe. Now I love them on sandwiches, burgers, salads etc. Funny how your taste buds change as you get older. My twelve year old hates raw tomatoes as well so I'm hoping that he'll outgrow his dislike as well.