What is a computer?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by mansoorwaqas, Aug 1, 2018.

1. mansoorwaqas

mansoorwaqas New Member

Today, computers are all around us. from desktop computers to Smartphone they're changing the way we live our lives. But have you ever asked yourself "What exactly is a computer?" A computer is an electronic machine which process data into information. the computer sees data as 1's and 0's but it knows how to combine them into more complex things, such as photographs, movies, a website, a game and much more. computer is a combination of hardware and software. Mechanical parts of computers are called hardware i.e. monitor and keyboard. Software is any set of instructions which tells hardware what to do i.e. web browsers, media player and word processor etc.

2. writeside1

writeside1 Member

A computer is an electronic device used by the human beings. It is useful to a man in many ways. Now-a-days a lot of people are earning a handsome of money too simply with this amazing device and utilize their time efficiently. The communication is also possible along with a computer through the internet between the people in a better way.

3. pawpey

pawpey New Member

A Computer is an electronic machine that can solve different problems, process data, store & retrieve data and perform calculations faster and efficiently than humans.

4. Kanyijenny

Kanyijenny New Member

A computer is an electronic device that accepts user input knows as data and converts it into desired output known as information. It is a simple term that can be explained just by using one sentence but needs to be broken down to make sure that you understand the term in a comprehensive way.

It converts user's input known as data. How does the data get to the computer? A computer has special parts known as input devices that help a user to input data in the computer. A keyboard is essential as it helps the user to key in their data. A mouse also comes in handy as it enable the user to control cursor movement in the monitor. Voice input devices also help people who are blind.

After the data is input, it is processed into information. Data is processed into information using a special type of component in a computer called a central processing unit. The information is then displayed for the user to view their desired output. A monitor helps the users to view their output. Voice output is also used by the blind. Hard copy output such as printouts is also used for various purposes.

It is the combination of the input devices, the system unit that stores the central processing unit and the output devices that make up a computer.

5. Marvs13

Marvs13 New Member

Computer is an electronic device for storing and processing data, typically in binary form, according to instructions given to it in a variable program.

Computer is an electronic device that is designed to work with Information. Nowadays computer is a part of our communication, we are using this for communicate someone, also we are using this to search like me I am student it is really helpful to me to easily get information.

Computers have both advantages and disadvantages. On one hand, they allow us to access the wealth of information that is available on the internet. They also allow us to analyze massive amounts of data very quickly, saving both time and money. One of the overwhelming advantages of the computer lies in its very necessity.Computer technology and use is of critical importance. Its ability for communication and storing data would represent another advantage. If connected to the internet, its ability to obtain resources would be another attribute. Maybe the disadvantage of computer when your teacher give you a task to search on computer and because of your laziness you can easily copy and paste even you are not sure or you cannot thoroughly understood what written on the sight plus there is a link that should not be included.

6. Raijul Islam

Raijul Islam New Member

Now a days computer became a primary part in every sector of life work.A computer is an electronic machine which process data into information. the computer sees data as 1's and 0's but it knows how to combine them into more complex things, such as photographs, movies, a website, a game and much more. computer is a combination of hardware and software. Mechanical parts of computers are called hardware i.e. monitor and keyboard. Software is any set of instructions which tells hardware what to do i.e. web browsers, media player and word processor etc.

7. jhonuarin03

jhonuarin03 Member

computer is a machine or device that performs processes, calculations and operations based on instructions provided by a software or hardware program. It is designed to execute applications and provides a variety of solutions by combining integrated hardware and software components.

8. maryanndumarquez

maryanndumarquez New Member

A computer is a device that can helps us do things faster than we thought. A computer is a thing that can allow us to do things easier. A computer can make everybody lazy. A computer is part of our daily life. In short, our life is incomplete without computer because we let computer enters our lives.

9. Hazelbrin13

Hazelbrin13 New Member

A computer is an electronic device that manipulates information, or data. It has the ability to store, retrieve, and process data. You may already know that you can use a computer to type documents, send email, play games, and browse the Web. You can also use it to edit or create spreadsheets, presentations, and even videos.

10. ajohn

ajohn New Member

Computer is a device that manipulates data.use to receive and transfer date to the web.use to store files like photos,videos and presentations

11. lazo07142

lazo07142 Member

A computer is a device that can be instructed to carry out sequences of arithmetic or logical operations automatically via computer programming. Modern computers have the ability to follow generalized sets of operations, called programs.

12. Bennock

Bennock New Member

A computer is a device that store your data, computing calculation and performs on what you order it do. nowadays we use computer like it is part of our life everything we do we use it in our homes, work, school everywhere there are computer that we can use.

13. TeejayC

TeejayC New Member

Computer, is a man made machine which evolves every time. As of today, humans will most likely be made by computers, controlled and dominated. Change is not bad at all.. as long as it doesn't harm humanity and earth.

14. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

15. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

an electronic device for storing and processing data, typically in binary form, according to instructions given to it in a variable program.

16. nejz14

nejz14 New Member

Computer is a device that we have now to get easy with everythings task to our daily lives. it is part of our life nowadays because almost all people are using computer to communicate, save data, playing and researching etc..

17. jeremiahogaga

jeremiahogaga Member

A Computer is an electronic machine that collects raw data, processes it and gives out results like an information to its user. It is a very essential tool in our modern world and its recognized globally for its usefulness as its a major component that makes up the internet. Computers are seen all around us and they make life easier. They include our desktops, laptops, smartphones, televisions, radios, and cellphone. These are connected to network or service providers for the transmission of information for communicating amongst a wider range of computers. Satellite connections are used in areas of low network connectivity. Computer can also perform other functions like watching movies, listening to music and playing games.

18. Smaraig

Smaraig New Member

Computer
    Definition - What does Computer mean?
    A computer is a machine or device that performs processes, calculations and operations based on instructions provided by a software or hardware program. It is designed to execute applications and provides a variety of solutions by combining integrated hardware and software components.

Techopedia explains Computer
    A computer is made up of multiple parts and components that facilitate user functionality. A computer has two primary categories:

• Hardware: Physical structure that houses a computer's processor, memory, storage, communication ports and peripheral devices
    • Software: Includes operating system (OS) and software applications
    A computer works with software programs that are sent to its underlying hardware architecture for reading, interpretation and execution. Computers are classified according to computing power, capacity, size, mobility and other factors, as personal computers (PC), desktop computers, laptop computers, minicomputers, handheld computers and devices, mainframes or supercomputers.

19. Wilvelo88

Wilvelo88 Member

Computer makes our life easier and possible. It makes our work fast and convinient for files storage. Computer can communicate people from all around the globe through the help of Internet. It's not just for office works but also give us entertainment like games, streaming online and movies. For me computer is a very helpful tool on this generation.

20. vintorez21

vintorez21 New Member

according to wikipedia,

A computer is a device that can be instructed to carry out sequences of arithmetic or logical operations automatically via computer programming. Modern computers have the ability to follow generalized sets of operations, called programs. These programs enable computers to perform an extremely wide range of tasks.

and for me, tv's, dvd's,mobile phones, remote controls, microwave,remote controlled cars,digital washing machines,drones and etc. as long as it has a program in it,it can be also called computer.
    Because many of us knows the only computer is laptop's and pc's , but for me anything that has program in it is a computer,these are called modern computers..
    just correct me if i am wrong, i have an open mind and willing to be lectured

21. GolGalore

GolGalore New Member

A computer is an electronic device invented by human to make our life easier. It is a machine that accepts input and process it to make an output. Computer is a device that performs processes, calculations, and operations based on instructions provided by a software or hardware program.

22. jomel100115

jomel100115 New Member

an electronic device for storing and processing data, typically in binary form, according to instructions given to it in a variable program.

23. chinirie

chinirie New Member

A computer is a device that can process data through the programs and algorithms. Computers can also use in designing everything, from small to big. Also, they innovate super computers and trying to analyze more about the brain and how the brain process the data. There is active research to make computers out of many promising new types of technology, such as optical computers, DNA computers, neural computers, and quantum computers. Most computers are universal, and are able to calculate any computable function, and are limited only by their memory capacity and operating speed.

24. Matt10222

Matt10222 New Member

A "Computer" is - Any piece of matter which can carry out a series of symbolic instructions and compare data in assistance of a human goal.

25. KillerSmile99

KillerSmile99 New Member

Computer is a electronic device that performs specific task also can storing and processing data in binary form. Which can read 0 and 1.

26. Ertf24

Ertf24 New Member

The computer is a means to an end. It can get a man to the moon, but it can also be used to further conflict and wars. Like most thins on this planet it is a tool one we made to do tasks that could never be done by hand.

27. Liza40

Liza40 New Member

I first came across a good definition of the word computer in my computer class. That was back in the year 2010. My computer teacher defined the computer as an electronic device that accepts input data, processes the data, and output useful information for the user. That's the simplest definition of a computer. Other people like to define it hard, but it will make a newbie hard to grasp and decipher.

28. wilfredorv31

wilfredorv31 New Member

Depending on the perspective, a computer can be the main work tool for many people, as it is in my case, perhaps for my youngest daughter is the main source of entertainment, for my teenage daughter could be a necessary tool to perform tasks of classes, for a hacker could be your weapon of attack or defense and so on, but technically it is all that you have well commented about Hardware, software, processing units, storage, among other contents.

29. germavz123

germavz123 New Member

A computer is an electronic machine that can store and deal with large amounts of informations. A computer is a machine that manipulates data according to a list of instructions called a program. A computer is also a (fairly complicated) tool intended to assist the user in accomplishing information-based tasks ranging from locating and acquiring data/information to to processing it to presenting or transmitting it. An electronic device for storing and processing data, typically in binary form, according to instructions given to it in a variable program.

30. AlenDominic

AlenDominic New Member

A computer is a device made by human to make us smarter or more stupid. It's up to you to decide wich one do you want. Most of the time I use computer to learn how to make more money or to make money online. It is also good for entertaining. You can play video games, watching movies or youtube videos or simply waste your time scrolling trough facebook and google.