What is love

Discussion in 'Books' started by Ialvarez, Jul 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ialvarez

Ialvarez New Member

2. saymynameroa

saymynameroa New Member

love is involuntary. brain science tell us its a drive like thrist. its craving for specific person. its normal,natural to lose control in the early stage of ramonance, Love,like thrist,will make you do strange things, but knowledge power.

1 person likes this.
  3. kenyfrank

kenyfrank New Member

Love is not only loving someone, love is not only to be with someone you love, love is much more than that, love is when a person is worried about another person, and much more.

4. ErrorData24

ErrorData24 New Member

Love is being ready to face death head on. Love is fighting a battle you are not even sure if you stand a fighting chance.
    Love is your readiness to lose. Love is taking a blind faith in your armor. Love is holding on even when you have nothing to hang on. loving is risking. Love is dying. all of that is the meaning of love for me, if you're not ready to die, don't fall in love.

5. Sirjp

Sirjp Member

Love in a Christian sense can be defined using St. Paul's definition of it. He writes in his letter to the Corinthians( Cor.13) Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things..
    This is love .And there is no greater love than offering your own life to the one you love. Just as Jesus did on the cross .

6. dandgzmn

dandgzmn New Member

For me, love is something different. It's a strong word. It brings mix emotions, it inspires and motivates us. It gives us meaning to live life. You'll experience different emotions. Some things are not always in favor at the right and bright side. Same thing with love, it will probably give pain and heartbreaks, it will bring thunder and storm along the way. For me love is God, love is family, love is friends, love is everything as long as you appreciate and treasure them or as long as you put them in your heart. Love is good yet bad. Yes, you'll be definitely happy but pain and disappointments will interfere and rule your thoughts. Loving someone is like getting a tattoo, it'll surely hurt you but it will always be marked on you forever. Love is selfless, you'll learn how to love without expecting for them to give back in return. If you love you'll be satisfied even though it hurts you. If you love, suffer the heartaches and pain. In the other hand, if you love feel free in happiness, if you love be inspired, and if you love never give up. Lastly, LOVE is like riding a roller coaster going in a paradise. It scares you because of the trials and tricks along the way but you'll do and bare it, and in the end you'll feel and see how great it is to live life full of happiness with no regrets.

7. iamgleeny

iamgleeny New Member

Love means knowing that no matter what, you have someone to count on. It's unconditional and makes you feel good on the inside. You can trust the person you love and are comfortable around them. It's like your heart tells you that it is good for you. Love never hurts or makes you cry your eyes out.

8. RChristine

RChristine New Member

For me, love is an unconditional commitment. It is a feeling where you'll be willing to sacrifice your time and even your own feelings. It is not just a feeling to a one particular person but also to your family, friends and anybody. When someone else's happiness became your happiness, that is the time that we considered that you love that person. In live, you need to be honest, have trust, understand each other, listen to each other and value each moment together. It is normal to get hurt and to have conflict when you're loving someone. Just consider it as a challenge that will test the strength of your love to someone.

9. mpasquarosa

mpasquarosa New Member

Love is different for everybody. I know for me, I know the true feeling of love when it comes around. It usually is a kick in my stomach and a warm sensation. I can't stop smiling or thinking. But there is a huge difference of love and love in a relationship. That's a whole other topic though.

10. pink skies

pink skies New Member

It is not about your happiness but the welfare and happiness of the person you like or love.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  11. pink skies

pink skies New Member

Love is about thinking about the welfare and happiness of the person you like. Even if it means sacrificing everything you have for him/her, you will give them up sincerely just for the benefit of the one you love. But sometimes, when you realize that your love or relationship is destroying your own life, you should know when to stop or give up because love is not only about holding on, but also knowing when to give up.

It is not about your happiness but the welfare and happiness of the person you like or love.

Ampalaya and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Ampalaya

Ampalaya New Member

Love is a kind of feeling that almost no words can define. Like for example the love for your family, a love of a mother for her kids, love for you country. It is not just about yourself because love is not selfish. It always thinks for everybody's welfare not for your self alone. And it involve sacrificing. Love is doing good to others, showing respect to yourself and to other individual. And even abiding to simple laws shows love to your country. Love is always seen how we act in our daily life. It is not just an attraction or affection you felt for a spicific person but love is very broad topic that include general aspects.

13. Carlolotoc

Carlolotoc New Member

I will make it simple for you brother,love is everybody needs.just correct me if I'm wrong :)

14. arkinatz

arkinatz Member

Love is happiness. Love can make crazy , love is energy to everyone. Love can make us unite and progress the communicatiom of each other. You can make what ever you want in the name of love. It makes you blind sometimes and make you crazy, always be the love have the power to correct and want to conquer above all.
    Love is always the power to collide one person to another person. It make you feel heaven and satifies. You are not a human if you dont feel the love. You cannot progress if you cannot feel the love. Love conquer above all it makes you feel differents in every situation. You cannot feel love if you dont know how to understand it . Every person feels love. Love is extremely strong when a person feel it. It makes you feel complete person and become good person to unified .

15. Joyayayaaah

Joyayayaaah New Member

Love is everything. It is something you seize for from the very time you open your eyes and waht you think of ever before you fall asleep. Love is something you can't exactly define but you could actually asure that indeed your feelin' it. It is accepting every flaws, every dents, every brokeness and emptiness. It is something

1 person likes this.
  16. Prosper4ever

Prosper4ever New Member

You have a good point ;-)

17. Prosper4ever

Prosper4ever New Member

It's a reality in this world, when LOVE is NOT reciprocated

18. jun18

jun18 Member

love is uncondional you accept her/him who he/she is. you work for your loveones.

19. james11kyrie

james11kyrie Member

For me love is encompasses a variety of different emotional and mental states, typically strongly and positively experienced, ranging from the most sublime virtue or good habit, the deepest interpersonal affection and to the simplest pleasure. If I define love is i will change it, is time to change the meaning of the word “love.” The word is mostly used according to the first definition given in the dictionary: “an intense feeling of deep affection.” In other words, love is what one feels. ... Love should be seen not as a feeling but as an enacted emotion. To love is to feel and act lovingly.

20. evlhrie

evlhrie New Member

Love. Love is so abstract, complex, and popularly defined in many ways. People seek and find its meaning in different ways and felt it uniquely in a personalized way. You cannot state the meaning of love in your own definition and share it the rest of the world that your meaning is the true meaning of love and it should be accepted by others because many would really oppose and disagree to your statement but for sure one thing that will bind all definition of love is that it gives life to our lives and give us the reason to continue living for.

21. japuy

japuy New Member

Love is something beyond words. It can between persons, animals, things, countries or anything.
    It’s an imperishable trust built between each other in their life. One may not say it directly. But, their actions & how they made you feel involves a lot of love & affection!

If you found true love in life, never lose it! :love::love::love:

22. zilljiannerie

zilljiannerie New Member

love is something you feel but cannot explain. You feel it but don't know why. The love i feel for my family has no limitations nor boundaries. Love cannot be dictated nor persuaded. It is beyond words can explain. It makes the deepest person shallow and the intelligent ones dumb. oh, love..

23. John Macabato

John Macabato New Member

Love is involuntary. Brain science tells us it's a drive like thirst. It's a craving for a specific person. It's normal, natural to "lose control" in the early stage of romance. Love, like thirst, will make you do strange things, But knowledge is power. It's a natural addiction and treating it like an addiction can help you.

24. roylynv02

roylynv02 New Member

for me, love is just a play of science. Im not against on those people who think that they really found true love and all. well there is really a true love but a rear people only found it and the rest is all about lust.

25. Lyke1308

Lyke1308 New Member

Love can't be describe by one word because it's a mix or combination of emotions, of feelings. For me love is when your happiness depends on other person's happiness, not only talking about romantic love but of course, the love you feel for your family. My family's happiness is my happiness, i came to a point that i'm really down, so depressed that i just want to be gone. I just want to die to escape everything but i can't because i know and i've thought how much i will hurt my family by doing that. Love is sacrificing, love is being patient, love is being the best version of youself for yourself and for the people that you love.

26. Jefer

Jefer New Member

There are diverse of definition of what love is. a lot of people define it, philosophers had co-opted it but at the end of the day you your self creates your own definition of what love is. But if you would ask me what is love I would answer you with one word and that is "sacrifice" I know it may be cliche to hear this but love prevails and exist when you are willing to sacrifice your all, your happiness, your self, just to make your loved one happy. Sacrifice is not only applicable on your significant other but also it is applicable to your family.

27. kavitha123

kavitha123 Member

Love is nothing but a two person share our hearts.True love means that to help poor people.In the world surroundings is full of love.We love people with good heart then it is a better way to put life.

28. tifanyshinL

tifanyshinL Member

Love is selfless. Love doesn’t want anything in return, because there is nothing it needs. We just love for the sake of love. When we love someone, we don’t look for them to fill our needs, love us back, and all those types of things. Love is completely selfless.

29. Mhady04

Mhady04 New Member

For me, love is God. Love exist because of God. The perfect picture of love is God. For He give His only begotten Son to save us from our sin. He sacrifice Jesus in order for us to experience His great passion and love for us. And today, because of His love we are now have the freedom to love and be loved.

30. shly

shly New Member

Love could destroy you yet could create you. Being inlove means having a feeling of happiness at the same time sadness. One can feel love if he/she feels two emotions at a time.