What is love

Discussion in 'Books' started by Ialvarez, Jul 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. renzyow

renzyow New Member

love is a very broad word like how would you feel or express love when you dont know how to love because you dont know the meaning of love until the one did not yet come to your life like when i met the love of my life i dont know till then its just became so slow and its like butterflies around her when i saw her and it stuns me for me thats love when you find the one

2. elirose7890

elirose7890 Member

Love is when you choose to be at your best when the other person is not at their best. Love is when what you want is never important. But what the other person needs and wants is always paramount. If you truly love someone, both of these definitions will ring true.

3. JennyWren

JennyWren New Member

Depends on if we are talking about romantic love, friendship love, family love.... Romantic love to me is accepting your partner for who they are. Allowing them to be themselves and in turn having that respect and acceptance reciprocated. Friendship love and familial love is unconditional - you may not like the person, but you love them nonetheless :)

4. acejacob

acejacob New Member

Love is a great and warm affection (as of child for a parent). It's the feeling beyond infinity. The only thing that conquers hate. Love is a give and take process (as of a woman for man). It should equal in both sides. Love suffers long and is kind; it does not envy. It does not parade itself, is not puffed up (as of a people for a God). Love does not encourage opposite sex to hurt.It dies not behave rudely but love is rejoices in truth not rejoices people in vain.

5. lhanz

lhanz Member

Love is when you learn to give without expecting in return, love is when you learn how to care , love is when you learn how take risk, Love is when you learn to Sacrifice.

6. esmeralda

esmeralda New Member

For me love is a very big feeling that inspires us to many things for example if we feel love for our work we will always do it in the best way.

7. rickmervin

rickmervin New Member

Love is one of the most profound emotions known to human beings. There are many kinds of love, but most people seek its expression in a romantic relationship with a compatible partner. For many, romantic relationships comprise the most meaningful aspect of life, providing a source of deep fulfillment. The need for human connection appears to be innate, but the ability to form healthy, loving relationships is learned. A great deal of evidence suggests that the ability to form a stable relationship begins in infancy, in a child's earliest experiences with a caregiver who reliably meets the infant's needs for food, care, warmth, protection, stimulation, and social contact. Such relationships are not destiny, but they appear to establish deeply ingrained patterns of relating to others. Failed relationships happen for many reasons, and the failure of a relationship is often a source of great psychological anguish. Most people have to work consciously to master the skills necessary to make relationships endure and flourish.

8. chickfillay

chickfillay New Member

Love is where you see yourself really happy. It is when you caught yourself smiling all by yourself because you've been thinking about your partner and how goofy you were when you are together. It is when you caught yourself humming to a joyful song and your face lights up cause you're enjoying the moment. Love is when you give all of yourself to someone without expecting something in return. Love is reminding your mom to take the medicine and giving her the supplements. Love is when you give a child Some balloon since they're crying. Love is an emotion wherein you become selfless and you see yourself getting happy by just witnessing the smile on other people's face cause of the small things you just did to lighten their lives just for a bit of time. For me, Love is doing small act of kindness to everyone.

9. josechristy09

josechristy09 Member

Love is a force of nature. However much we may want to, we can not command, demand, or take away love, any more than we can command the moon and the stars and the wind and the rain to come and go according to our whims. We may have some limited ability to change the weather, but we do so at the risk of upsetting an ecological balance we don't fully understand. Similarly, we can stage a seduction or mount a courtship, but the result is more likely to be infatuation, or two illusions dancing together, than love.

Love is bigger than you are. You can invite love, but you cannot dictate how, when, and where love expresses itself. You can choose to surrender to love or not, but in the end, love strikes like lightning: unpredictable and irrefutable. You can even find yourself loving people you don't like at all. Love does not come with conditions, stipulations, addenda, or codes. Like the sun, love radiates independently of our fears and desires.

Love is inherently free. It cannot be bought, sold, or traded. You cannot make someone love you, nor can you prevent it — not for any amount of money. Love cannot be imprisoned, nor can it be legislated. Love is not a substance, not a commodity, not even a marketable power source. Love has no territory, no borders, no quantifiable mass or energy output.

One can buy sex partners and even marriage partners. Marriage is a matter for the law, for rules and courts and property rights. In the past, the marriage price, or dowry, and in the present, alimony and the pre-nuptial agreement, make it clear that marriage is all about contracts. But as we all know, marriages, whether arranged or not, may have little to do with love.

Sexual stimulation and gratification, whether by way of fingers, mouths, objects, fantasy play, whips and chains, or just plain intercourse, can certainly be bought and sold, not to mention used to sell other things. Whether sex should be for sale is another question entirely, but love itself cannot be sold.

One can buy loyalty, companionship, attention, and perhaps even compassion, but love itself cannot be bought. An orgasm can be bought, but love cannot. It comes, or not, by grace, of its own will and in its own timing, subject to no human's planning.

Love cannot be turned on as a reward. It cannot be turned off as a punishment. Only something else pretending to be love can be used as a lure, as a hook, for bait and switch, imitated, insinuated, but the real deal can never be delivered if it doesn't spring freely from the heart.

This doesn't mean that love allows destructive and abusive behaviors to go unchecked. Love speaks out for justice and protests when harm is being done. Love points out the consequences of hurting oneself or others. Love allows room for anger, grief, or pain to be expressed and released. But love does not threaten to withhold itself if it doesn't get what it wants. Love does not say, directly or indirectly, "If you are a bad boy, Mommy won't love you any more." Love does not say, "Daddy's little girl doesn't do that." Love does not say, "If you want to be loved, you must be nice," or "Do what I want," or "Never love anyone else," or "Promise you'll never leave me."

Love cares what becomes of you, because love knows that we are all interconnected. Love is inherently compassionate and emphatic. Love knows that the "other" is also oneself. This is the true nature of love, and love itself can not be manipulated or restrained. Love honors the sovereignty of each soul. Love is its own law.

Love is one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit. God commanded us to love one another. Divine love is the greatest of all kinds of love. It is unconditional. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whoever believes on Him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16.

3 people like this.
  10. faithuy56

faithuy56 Member

Love is a divine character of God. God is love. Love is of God. It is his divine nature. God loves us so much that He gave his only begotten Son that whoever believes on Him will not perish but have eternal life. God's love is unconditional. God demonstrated his love toward us that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.

God's greatest commandment is about loving him with all our hearts, soul and strength. The second greatest commandment is also like it, love your neighbor as you love yourself. Before Jesus died and ascended to heaven his command to his disciples is that they would love one another. The whole world will know about Jesus Christ and that they are truly his disciples if they love one another.

The Lord Jesus also commanded us to love our enemies. We should not curse them. We are to bless them instead. If they are hungry, we should give them something to drink. If they are hungry, we should give them something to eat. If they spank you on one cheek, give the, the other cheek as well. That is how God wants us to be known for. We must be known for being a loving people of God. That is true love from God.

11. engrjay

engrjay New Member

Love is one of those things that cannot be explained solely by words. It needs to be shown and explained with actions to be fully understand. Love is very subjective and universal. Aside from the physical things that are needed to survive in this world, we need love the most; it helps people to prevent hate that causes destructive changes among us (sounds overrated, but it's true).

2 people like this.
  12. uychristy053

uychristy053 Member

For me, Love is one of the priceless gifts of God. It is tangible and can also be shared to everyone. Love is a divine character of God. God is love. Love is of God. It is his divine nature. God loves us so much that He gave his only begotten Son that whoever believes on Him will not perish but have eternal life. God's love is unconditional. God demonstrated his love toward us that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. His love is like the ocean that is so vast and immeasurable.

His love is very essential and so important. God's greatest commandment is about loving him with all our hearts, soul and strength. The second greatest commandment is also like it, love your neighbor as you love yourself. Before Jesus died and ascended to heaven his command to his disciples is that they would love one another. The whole world will know about Jesus Christ and that they are truly his disciples if they love one another. All the laws and the prophesies of the prophets hang on these two greatest law which is the law of love.

Furthermore, the Lord Jesus also commanded us to love our enemies. We should not curse them. We are to bless and pray for them instead. If they are hungry, we should give them something to drink. If they are hungry, we should give them something to eat. If they spank you on one cheek, give the other cheek as well. That is how God wants us to be known for. We must be known for being a loving people of God. That is true love from God. His love is so great and so divine. It is beyond human comprehension.

4 people like this.
  13. Gaurang2601

Gaurang2601 New Member

Love is what makes two persons to sit in the middle of the bench when there is a lot of space left on both sides, love is what makes us human, its a kind of feeling and set of emotions that makes saphians different from other species.

14. MoiraDeLeon

MoiraDeLeon New Member

In dictionary, love means strong emotion that you feel towards another person. A strong emotion that carries a lot of responsibility. Love is something worth our agonies and sacrifices. Love is a forgiving tool. Love denotes peace and solidarity. Without love then there’s no reason for us to live. God created us because of this certain emotion.

We can’t really define love just by using words. It’s something that you can’t explain by just saying it. Love means knowing our worth and the worth of the people around you. Love means respecting your peers. Love means sacrificing for the sake of others.

15. MoiraDeLeon

MoiraDeLeon New Member

In dictionary, love means strong emotion that you feel towards another person. A strong emotion that carries a lot of responsibility. Love is something worth our agonies and sacrifices. Love is a forgiving tool. Love denotes peace and solidarity. Without love then there’s no reason for us to live. God created us because of this certain emotion.

We can’t really define love just by using words. It’s something that you can’t explain by just saying it. Love means knowing our worth and the worth of the people around you. Love means respecting your peers. Love means sacrificing for the sake of others.

16. MoiraDeLeon

MoiraDeLeon New Member

Love knows no boundaries. Whether what race, skin color, social status, gender, or flaws you have , love will ignore all of that.

17. MoiraDeLeon

MoiraDeLeon New Member

Love knows no boundaries. Whether what race, skin color, social status, gender, or flaws you have , love will ignore all of that.

18. MoiraDeLeon

MoiraDeLeon New Member

We can’t really define love just by using words. It’s something that you can’t explain by just saying it. Love means knowing our worth and the worth of the people around you. Love means respecting your peers. Love means sacrificing for the sake of others. Love knows no boundaries. Whether what race, skin color, social status, gender, or flaws you have , love will ignore all of that.

19. Cio

Cio New Member

Nowadays people tend to give love and be loved, it can prevent hate and chaos, it is main ingredients in forgiveness, without love there is no reason for us to live.
    World is full of love, it is an instrument that connect us. Without love we can't live in peace, it is something that can't buy money. Love is nature to all human that make everyone stand as one.
    So as human living in this world full of love we are mandate to maintain it in our heart in order to live in peace and harmony.

20. faithjose822

faithjose822 New Member

Love is the most important achievement in life. In I Corinthians 13: 6-7, it says that love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love also gives purpose and meaning to life. It is written in I Corinthians 13:1-3, If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have faith that I can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is the greatest of all. Someday three things will remain faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love as what I Corinthians 13:13 declares it.

21. angelquintal

angelquintal New Member

Love is a great feeling. To feel loved is our goal in life, Because Love means Happiness. Love teaching us why we live in this world. It give us the true meaning of life. Its an emotion that we need to feel and learned from it at the same time appreciate all the living things surrounded to us.

22. providerjorda

providerjorda New Member

Love can gave you peace,joy and sometimes it will test you everyday in your life. But remember love is Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen... yourself, right now, right down here on Earth.

23. providerjorda

providerjorda New Member

love is like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching.

24. providerjorda

providerjorda New Member

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.

25. providerjorda

providerjorda New Member

Love yourself. It is important to stay positive because beauty comes from the inside out.
    GOD is the first Love..but he command us to love one another and he will bless you and guide you!!

26. garciairishm

garciairishm New Member

Love is not overlooking the person's mistakes and flaws but to fully understand them. Love is finding solace and happiness with them. Love is looking out for their happiness first before yours and that includes, even if you get the shorter end of the stick. Love is eventually understanding why it never worked out with other people. Love is when you start praying to God about him, and how much you want him to stay in your life.

27. garciairishm

garciairishm New Member

Love is not overlooking the person's mistakes and flaws but to fully understand them. Love is finding solace and happiness with them. Love is looking out for their happiness first before yours and that includes, even if you get the shorter end of the stick. Love is eventually understanding why it never worked out with other people. Love is when you start praying to God about him, and how much you want him to stay in your life.

28. garciairishm

garciairishm New Member

29. chinita1208

chinita1208 New Member

Love is the most profound emotion everyone of us feels. It gives you butterflies feelings every time you see that particular person or even that just that person comes in your mind it makes your day feels good and complete.
    But sometimes love becomes unhealthy when it become obsession..

30. Erika1358

Erika1358 New Member

Love is not just a feeling, it is a committment. It is seeing all of the other person's strengths, weaknesses, flaws, mistakes, good times, bad times, etc. and still deciding to stay because you are committed to that person, heart and soul, mind and body.