What is love?

Discussion in 'Writing Digital Content' started by mangoshake, Jan 8, 2019.

1. mangoshake

mangoshake Member

Have you ever fall in love you and loving that person more than yourself? What does it really mean?

Love: a four-letter-word that gets tossed around in conversations pretty carelessly to describe just about anything. I love your shoes. I love this restaurant. This dog totally loves me.

But what about when it comes to relationships? What does it really mean to love someone?

Love means accepting another person in the strongest way possible. It means supporting them in anything and everything, even when you may not agree on the situation.

Love means not looking for something better or seeing what’s out there. It means committing to that person because you know they complete you in every way. It doesn’t mean being a replica of another person, but rather being like a puzzle piece that fits perfectly with the other. Your traits complement each other to create better versions of you both.

Love means waking up early and whipping up pancakes in the morning just to show you care. It means going out of your way to make them smile and, without even thinking about it, dropping everything for them in those times when smiles aren’t appropriate.

Love means screaming at the top of your lungs sometimes. It means caring so damn much about that other person that you can’t help but become furious when your relationship is called into question. It means fighting to get it back.

Love means smiling for no reason at all, and giggling from the tickle of butterflies flying around in your stomach.

Love means not needing constant contact, in person or via text, to feel secure. It means trusting them in every way possible and earning their reciprocal trust in you.

Love means loving yourself, too. It means always being your organic self and never shifting to fit another person’s standard. It means sleeping tight at night knowing that someone else knows just as well as you do how perfect you are in all your imperfections.

Love means gazing into their eyes for hours that feel like minutes. It means breathing coolly when you’re all wrapped up in their arms and becoming one with their heartbeat when your head is pressed up to their chest.

Love means giving in to an awesome power that brings two people together in the craziest ways. It means waiting, sometimes for a long time, for the stars to align. It means persevering through horrible dates and dull chats in line at the coffee house until you get your turn with it. It means surrendering control to a greater force and staying along for the ride.

Sometimes love means disappointment. It means broken hearts and red teary eyes. It means taking a shot on someone and being let down. It means learning the hard way that you can’t make someone love you.

Love, once it finds you, is worth every fleeting moment of highs and lows. Love, although it may fade, never gives up on you. Love that leaves is not lost; it will find you again someday, perhaps when you least expect it or maybe when you really want it to. Love doesn’t play by anyone else’s rules.

[​IMG]

Love means letting yourself go. Love means giving in. Love means taking chances.

2. Abbybvega

Abbybvega New Member

Love is a very strong positive emotion.
    It is a feeling of deep devotion and contentment.

3. Saludo

Saludo New Member

Love is a complex set of emotions, behaviors, and beliefs associated with strong feelings of affection, protectiveness, warmth, and respect for another person. Love can also be used to apply to non-human animals, to principles, and to religious beliefs.

4. Etaypink1

Etaypink1 Active Member

love is to sacrificing anything

1 person likes this.
  5. michpiong

michpiong Member

Love is a magic that no one knows the formula. It is kind of true and everlasting magic that makes two people happy. We should not find love because it will just came in the right place and in the right time. Feelings will just grow naturally. But be careful in loving someone for there two kinds of magic, the true and the fake one.

6. cristy21

cristy21 New Member

Love is unconditional. that if you truly love someone you shouldn't ask him/her to love you back.. love is also setting someone free that if he's/she's not happy you are willing to let him/her go. But who would've want to be love? we wanted to be all love , but we have different kinds of love its not just about romantically loving an opposite sex, there's love for a family, for friends, for work and most importantly the love of our God, who never fails us :).. Don't forget also to love yourself first before loving someone.. God bless :)

7. Geofrey93

Geofrey93 Member

A feeling of strong or constant affection for a person. An attraction that includes sexual desire. The strong affection felt by people who have a romantic relationship. A person you love in a romantic way.

8. Twinklebisnar

Twinklebisnar Member

There are so many kind of love. Love for your family, love for your friends, love for yourself, love for God, and love for your partner. For me love is an emotion that you can't explain until you feel that yourself. You should learn to love yourself first before you love someone else.

9. jonahclarus1994

jonahclarus1994 New Member

WHAT IS LOVE?

Well, there are different kinds and types of love. It is like a rainbow expressed in different colors. Just like in life love is expressed in so many different ways to different kinds of people: it can be love for your children, love for your parents, love for your friends, love for God, love for you special someone, etc. But to truly answer what is love? is to truly understand what is UNCONDITIONAL. It means to love it has no conditions because to truly love is to seek NO BOUNDARIES. Moreover, Love is a CHOICE ( whether to continue to love the someone despite negativity) but to truly love is to break the barriers and unconditionally love the person.

10. ranerii10

ranerii10 Member

Love is your true feelings. you give importance to people you love, you always have care and protection for them. it has no condition.you give your best to the person you love and you want the best for them.

11. gabrielapostu

gabrielapostu Member

Love is life and life is love.

12. Bcaluag

Bcaluag Member

Love is not just a mere feeling but rather its a choice, because when we choose to love that someone we commit our self to them even if sometimes we feel like the feelings is not that strong anymore still we choose to stay because its our choice.

13. aycee21

aycee21 New Member

Love is when you choose to be at your best when the other person is not at their best. Love is when what you want is never important. But what the other person needs and wants is always paramount.

14. rvtamayo

rvtamayo Member

There's a lot of definition out there about love. And now I will give you a different perspective on how I define love in my opinion Love is money, Love is greed, Love is pain and misery. Love is money because it is not all emotion and the feelings you felt in falling in love with someone. To love someone is a responsibility and an obligation, you cannot eat love and it takes a lot of money to be in love. Love is greed because of the mentality of people that they rather prefer to always stay together rather than letting the person they love to fulfill and reach their dreams, they become the reason why their partner becomes stuck and motionless in their careers. The greed of constant attention makes love greedy. And love is pain and misery, love brings heartache and disappointments between lovers. Often the reason why relationship falls apart. And the love we feel also brings terror to people when they hurt the person we love, revenge and anger produce pain and misery. But then again there's the other definition about love and I assume you already know about that. To understand love is to understand that it is not all happiness and joy. To understand it is to take into consideration all the aspects concerning love. And learning this makes a relationship even stronger.

15. Love is what you feel inside. it is set of emotion, feeling and behaviour. you are willing to give or sacrifices something for someone you love. it can change person.

16. sanjivmangaliag

sanjivmangaliag New Member

Love is undefined unitl someone gives meaning of it.

17. mayimayi

mayimayi Member

Love has many definition. But you know what? You can't really define what is love. For me, love is when I my daughter, I can't think of anything that can come close to what I feel when my baby was born. Love makes you do special things, it makes you believe in the good, it makes you want to give everything to someone you love. You know it is love when you think the welfare of the other person than yourself. You know it is love when that person makes so many mistakes yet you still accept him or her whole heartdly.

18. Alzack50

Alzack50 Member

Love for me when you feel you are happy with no reason even you are rich or poor and i think love requires trust and support each other whether in problems.

19. saadia

saadia New Member

what is love? everyone know what love is but only few could actually define it! is it a feeling ? is it a state of mind ? does really exist? well i think love exist. Love is you are thinking about someone and you find yourself smiling, that's love. love is when you cannot stop thinking about someone. love is whenevr you try to imagine your future you always see it with that one person. love is when you want that person to be happy even if their happiness is not with you. Love is that feeling when you want to be perfect for for that one person. love is also when you sacrifice your own life and happiness for that person.
    when you love someone you will some dumb things you never thought you would do them. when you love someone, he will be your first thought at the morning and the last. when you love someone you start a new life dedicated for that one person.

20. kumarsunil123

kumarsunil123 Member

Love is strong and positive feeling of the heart. Love is set of complex emotions,affection and deep believe myself and yourself. It is time to change the meaning of the word "Love". Love is considered to be a virtue and represent your human kindness, compassion and affection. It is true feeling of the mind. True love never beats and it beats the beauty. Without love we can't believe anyone.
    Love is variety of feelings, emotions and attitude. It is not physical attraction only but also it is internal attraction.There are two types of love Physical and Internal love. Internal love is not breakable but physical love is breakable.

21. Love comes in many forms, there is love for God wherein we glorify and give thanks and love to our creator and to the one whom such selfless love redeems us and brought us to salvation. There is family love in which we care for and love all our family. Another is platonic love and romantic love. Romantic love is the one love that makes you more complete when you came to be wed to the greatest love of all your life.

22. DiegoRCardoso

DiegoRCardoso New Member

Love is what we experience in any moment that we are with someone without having judgments about that person.

23. Lilytr

Lilytr New Member

Love is acceptance. Love is the best part of your day. Love is the sense of complete safety and warmth when you're with someone. Love is trusting someone with your heart, even knowing how horribly that can turn out. Love is bravery.

24. Love is loyalty. When you love someone you should be loyal to him/her. Love also is to forvive and forget. Let love be your inspiration in life. Set it as your motivation in your goal. Love also needs sacrife and patience. Never surrender if you love someone fight for it.

25. yhanmar08

yhanmar08 Member

Love for me is when you spend your time and effort with a person. It was not just about relationship to your opposite sex but also to your family and loved ones.
    When i was a teenager i always looking for loved because i was contented to the love that my family gave to me. Now that i have my own family i am really happy and contented in my life. Though our life was hard. My husband and our kids feel so contented in our life

26. elliethegypsy

elliethegypsy Member

Love is kind, patient and amazing. It is something that you have to give willingly and needs to be taken care of. Love is not just for couples who are into each other but it can also be felt in the family, friends, strangers as well as to God and even to our pets.

Saying you love something has been easier for other people nowadays. Which makes me cringe in so many ways because if you really love something, you should be into it and not just you say it spontaneously. It makes me so sad that other people think that they're in love when in reality, they're just feel admiration to the person.

27. myDive8

myDive8 New Member

Love and Lust can be very difficult to tell the difference, especially in the early stages of the relationship. both are associated with physical attraction and an intoxicating rush of feel-good chemicals, coupled with often overwhelming desire to be closer to another person, but only one is long lasting, it is indeed LOVE.

28. im4joey

im4joey New Member

love is like happiness. It makes your life beautiful.
    there is a friend of mine. Who is pursuing MBBS and he said to me that once when you see someone...who makes you feel happy, hypnotizing and most laughable thing when your body started releasing adrenaline, dopamine, serotonin types of hormones which basically are feel-good hormones.
    which makes you sparkling and make your own world delightful.
    you feel like... there are no boundaries at all.
    and that's how. I define love.

29. charles2reality

charles2reality New Member

Love is one of those things that you can give all kinds of examples of (a hug, a kiss, etc.) but never really grasp it. It is so multi-dimensional that it's hard to point at one thing and say "That's love" with a finality.

Love just is. You'll know when you feel it.

30. Budstar

Budstar New Member

Love is what makes you happy and inspired. It encourages you to do the good things in life and be your best everyday. Real love is worth everything. It is the greatest feeling on earth.

1 person likes this.