What is most important in a song?

Discussion in 'Music' started by zezo, Jan 31, 2019.

Tags:
?

the most important feature in a song

1. lyrics

25 vote(s)
    80.6%
  2. music

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. the voice of the singer

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. zezo

zezo New Member

What do you think is the most important feature in a song? is it lyrics , music or the voice of the singer?
    For me personally the lyrics comes first. I think it is the real piece of art there. Then comes the music , it is an art of course ,but it can be learned and practiced unlike writing a good lyrics which is a gift. so please tell what you think.

2. aces65ur

aces65ur New Member

Personally I feel like the smooth combination of all three features blend together to create a beautiful song. Good lyrics are lost if the voice of the singer doesn't sit well with the listeners and a good song needs good lyrics which is then complemented by the singer's voice

3. Ryan232

Ryan232 New Member

Good lyrics are definitely important but they also require a good singer to deliver the lyric properly. Some singers can pull off sounding amazing even if the lyrics aren't that great. I think the quality of the singers voice is the most important.

4. nylab

nylab New Member

Lyrics are most important to me, because in someway they are the words the we want to come out of our mouth but don't have the courage to say by ourselves. The lyrics to a song are the most crucial part because the lyrics tells it all. There , also is when the music and the person's voice comes in to make the song perfect.

5. mysticalnymph2

mysticalnymph2 New Member

Every component of a song is important whether it be the lyrics, melody, rhythm, or voice of the artist. Each of these is equally important along with the other elements and should be taken into consideration in creating a solid song that would create such an impact. It is just a matter of finding the perfect match. A song might be conveyed by a beautiful voice but with a kind of bizarre rhythm. And yet it could still sound good and it doesn't mean that rhythm wasn't taken into consideration. It's just that in that case, that's the right ratio fitting for that particular song.

6. bghsof

bghsof New Member

A song is a lyrics performed by a singer on music ,so you can not split those features apart ,why a singer X has good songs and bad songs ? it's because the lyrics or the music is bad and vice versa .So to me a good singer ,a good lyrics and music makes a good song.

7. edzonlagat

edzonlagat New Member

The voice of the singer is a big factor as it will be the FACE of the song. It would be the first thing the listeners will look into, that's why the singer is called an interpreter. Who would like to listen to a song with a bad voice? The musicality and melody are important as well. This will drive the mood and the emotion of the listener to what he or she will feel as the music plays. But I think the lyrics play the most important role to the song because it conveys what the message of the song is all about. The lyrics are the heart and soul of the song and the writer as well. It embodies the idea, aspiration, and vision of the composer.

8. JersonYT

JersonYT New Member

I think the lyrics, because if you don't know how to sing this song and you still want to sing this to your love one or someone else. Even you can't sing this song but the message of this song can give there a peaceful mine, even though your not a good singer they appreciate this and makes there happy. But there much more happier if you sing this perfectly so voice is the second one, third is the Music already.

9. Dandycom

Dandycom New Member

I'm very much a lyrics person. If a song sounds good but has terrible lyrics I can never truly love it. The lyrics will always stand out like a sore thumb. I won't be able to concentrate on anything other than how little effort the songwriter has put into the writing the song.

10. vangiecarino04

vangiecarino04 New Member

The most precious thing in terms of music is the message of the music because if the message of the music is very meaningful,many people can relate their life in the music and if the beat of the music is good,it makes the music better.

11. noblecuddle

noblecuddle New Member

I prefer the lyrics cuz some can make a cover of the song much better version of the original one. They might make some beautiful changes but the no one can make the lyrics of the song quite intended to.

12. ROTSEN12

ROTSEN12 New Member

I think is the lyrics itself because you can feel the song by understanding the lyrics. Singers is also important because they give different emotions to the music.

13. nyldea

nyldea New Member

Lyrics is so important in a song as it touches the heart of listeners which make them easily remember the song.

14. Bern188

Bern188 Member

A lot of bands and singers made beautiful music because all the qualities like lyrics, music and voice are present. However in fully appreciating one's song the listener carefully takes notice of the music first rather than the song. Bands like Beatles, Queen and others have out of this world lyric lines but still it turns out a hit. I mean the music that they make really stands out and gives you that recall which lets you listen to it over and over again. To me, music is the most important thing that you would consider in a song then the voice of the singer and lyrics will just flow with it.

15. Tunaturkeydog

Tunaturkeydog Member

Lyrics. It's the main substance. Though melody also delivers mood, lyrics is still above all. It's the important factor that stimulates the listeners' mood. This determines a song's quality.

16. Banjo

Banjo Member

The first thing you will notice about a song is the melody, the melody catches your attention and invites you to listen more closely to what message the song is trying to tell us, At first you will not ask who the artist behind the voice but listen to the story that the song is telling. after the song played, you got the feeling of wanting to hear it again, that's the time you will seek for the artist behind the song, this is for the purpose of tracking the song and start admiring the artist. And it all stared in hearing the melody.

17. dylanfaust

dylanfaust Member

The most important in song is how you feel the emotions coming from the song, and how you love it..just like you rock it and the melody of it, feelling relaxed all the time while sleeping..

18. The message of the song.

19. robertrroxx

robertrroxx New Member

Music speaks to us in many different ways. A catchy melody can hook our attention, however, lyrics keep us listening to the song and influence our emotions and thoughts because the writer is conveying a message to us the listeners. hence the lyrics are really important as they usually call for action.

20. kristinekish

kristinekish New Member

Lyrics can change you. Lyrics can make your innermost feelings and emotions know to everyone. The songs that you sing along to in the car are the words you sometimes can’t say. The words that you paint in colorful noises and rainbow chords that float over quiet cities as you drive over the river at midnight. Lyrics can bring both praise and hurt. You can sing to fall in love, or sing to free yourself. Lyrics are humanity’s constant version of “poetry in motion”.

21. gobbledygook

gobbledygook Member

Frankly, when I like a song, it's because of the tone or music first. When I read the lyrics and find out how beautifully written it is then I love it even more. Lyrics is important, especially if it's moving and awe-inspiring.

22. TANPOST

TANPOST Member

Most songs are not smash hits, because of bad lyrics. I have written songs with good lyrics - but that is 95 % of the battle won. The other 5%, is good singing of the lyrics,and a good melody and beat.

23. Fartytester21

Fartytester21 Member

Lyrics or should I say poetry. I've have had listened to great artists throughout Spotify featured artists, almost all of it has cool rhythm and artists' voice but the meaning of the song isn't very clear. I think that's where the artists really should focus on.

24. Marcosdc

Marcosdc Member

The most important in a song is the lyrics, melody and sincerity.

25. JeonKookie

JeonKookie New Member

Song the one who speaks what about you truly feel. Music never betray you and sometimes when we feel lonely SONGS are the one who encourage us and comfort us. There is no boundary in MUSIC even though you can't understand their languages as long as i understand your feelings. without songs life would be boring even the BARS because songs gives us vibes and sometimes songs are the one who says we should just flow together with the river.

My Quotes:

"Songs are my life and its lyrics are my story"

26. Chruzie

Chruzie Member

for me,the most important in a song is the LYRICS and the MESSAGE of the song

27. konerious

konerious New Member

well, as for me the most precious and important part of the song is the lyrics, the way it flows and melodies with those beats, it makes you sing along

28. Remziel

Remziel Member

I guess it’s all in the eye of the beholder, but I would defiantly have to say the music.

29. pceug17

pceug17 Member

For me, the beat if it is catchy or not. Some songs are so hyped because of the fans/MVs but seems to be boring for me. The genre and the lyrics to are important. As long as it suits my preference.

30. nephi97

nephi97 New Member

Each element is important, lyrics, voice, and music. In my case, I am more of a chill guy and I want my music to be chill so, I listen to rap and R&B. I pay attention to the lyrics but, the beat has more of edge for me. So, I think beat's more important for me.