What is the main reason why people post thier personal stuff online?

Discussion in 'Managing your Online Community' started by METHOS LIAN Q. JUANITE, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Mayo))):

Mayo))): New Member

The main reason is... They are happy. Your making conscious decision about self-representation. Everybody does! Sometimes other people feel that they are important, That's why they've post. Through receiving message from friends... ABSOLUTELY we've post!

2. veronicaabsalon

veronicaabsalon New Member

The main reason is that they wanted to share the feeling of fulfillment or the satisfaction in posting their personal stuff online. It's your own status anyway so you will post what you wanted to post but be responsible on what stuff will you post.

3. eric reyes

eric reyes New Member

I'm not a big fan of posting your personal life online. Maybe because i wanted to live a normal life minding my own not their's. I don't have a problem with other people doing that it's their life not mine. Every person has a unique personality and were not a position judging someone with the way they act. "Diversity" is the word if you know that it will answer everything.

4. gladys Ann Sotto

gladys Ann Sotto New Member

In my Opinion. Posting About there lives Online is pretty normal For them. But for me it's hard to be open to everyone to know about me or what i do in daily life. I prefer to be private than posting too much online because sometimes its not good because it will be a addiction to everyone to see about there lifestyle and then it could be a downfall in depression once being bashed hardly online that will push some people to be suicidal. Well that is my only opinion only.

5. porkkyextra

porkkyextra Member

I think people do this because of self satisfaction. It makes them feel good whenever other people see goodthings going on with their life or even the bad things.

6. lalala_

lalala_ New Member

People post their stuff online for different motives. Some people just can't contain their emotion of happiness, some want to vent their feelings out on social media just to lessen the burden they're feeling. Social media plays a big impact on human lives nowadays. Others wants to get social acceptance and companion online so they tend to post everything.

Damon Green likes this.
  7. Vince Jaren

Vince Jaren New Member

Some of the people post their personal stuff online because that is one way they relieve stress. People tends to get attention and comments from the public, primarily to help them solve a problem or to ask an opinion. Other people post personal stuff online because it gives them joy. Joy that someone or somebody likes them. It makes them fulfilled in terms of what accomplishments they had.

8. Damon Green

Damon Green New Member

One of the main reasons i think most people post personal info is to feel appart of a crowd/community.
    There is nothing wrong with that and it is perfectly normal to engage in online community's, people love attention, some people have problems and just seek help and don't know how to talk to others about it and just pour out to anyone who will listen. On other hand there are the people who wish to help others in need so they might post a little bit about themselves in order to give someone else the confidence to face a fear they have trouble confronting. The possibilities are endless you would have to know the person on a more personal note in order to fully understand why people post personal stuff online.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  9. Abel_Andolong

Abel_Andolong New Member

Why people do what they do and that's posting a lot of personal stuff or memes at Facebook. Human behavior can be so telling, but people may come from different perspectives though, basically people are drawn with Facebook because of it's unlimited features to show your wares (places you've gone through, restaurants or cafes that one experiment with or travelling overseas can be a nice motivation so to speak at why a lot of individuals would cram just to post and click. What sense of pride.
    But deep inside, human psychology have bolstered on the fact that seeking attention is the primary motivation why most of the population does this unlimitless postings. Is is bad, no I don't think so, but when excessive posting becomes a habit even to the point of having white nights can be burdensome. Even at office scenario, when the Boss isn't around, each finger twitches that incognito app just so to find quickly who would have "liken my photo when my boat gets near the waterfalls of Niagara?" The addiction can be so irresistible, the sense of urgency to check or peep in a few sec brings a lot of excitement to the user.
    And when get caught by the Boss browsing, there begins another story to be told at his private office. I get cold feet.

10. ericladrera

ericladrera New Member

For me most of the people post personal stuff online because they want to have audience, where they can have acknowledgements and getting reactions from different person for them to have decision. If someone have a problem they use social media to express their emotions. It will be an easy way to asked opinions and help. They also use it to revenge to the person who hurt them.

Social media nowadays is a powerful tool to express something and to make networks. We must need to be careful using this power because it might harm you or cause you a problem.

11. rhanda

rhanda New Member

People post online for several reasons, one can be it's a way for them to express their emotions. Other reasons is that they could be keeping up with the norm, like that's what family and friends are doing. People can sometimes feel they are excluded from society if they don't keep up.