What is writing to you?

Discussion in 'Fiction Writing' started by Keibah, Aug 26, 2017.

1. sherkaye26

sherkaye26 New Member

Writing has been always my passion. I write when I'm happy, sad, angry, excited and more.
    I write when I feel like it. Writing releases the tension I feel when I'm stressed. It's like magic. It makes me calm and I can express my feelings freely. By writing, I can organize myself more. I can self-reflect and learn from my mistakes.

And I also love writing especially when ideas come to my head. Multiple plots that are waiting to be written. Its fun organizing them and making fiction stories. I like how my ideals come to life as I write every scenario that I can think of, using words that fits everything that will make the reader imagine what I write.

2. Florencia

Florencia New Member

Writing is the art of playing around with words to bring out the intended message. Writing at times it relieves the pressure of everyday living and brings about living in the moment where there is just you and the words. There are different types of writing such as; poetry, fiction stories, true stories, academic writing and many more. It will determine the purpose of your writing for you to focus on a specific genre of writing.

I mostly write fiction stories so as to live in a moment that I wish was possible. Other times I write true stories to share my escapades with the reader. all in all, writing is therapeutic to me. it helps to live the moment.

3. bleue1

bleue1 New Member

is a Great Art , with meanings .

4. AshiyaIzumi

AshiyaIzumi New Member

Writing for me is a means of "Expression".
    Your subconscious thoughts and feelings are being stimulated and it is where you could be yourself or be somebody else.
    You can create characters randomly and put them into life by writing a story about anything you wish they have and personality they possess.
    You can put a lot of hidden emotions whether happy or sad. Angry or comedy. Naughty and nice haha.
    I was a journalist (feature writing) back in elementary days.
    Though i am not so sure now how to create one in a proper way.
    I'm also not a book lover/reader so the contents and english vocabulary would be too simple and limited if i try to do it today. It won't be too interesting to read.
    I only write what comes up on my mind while thinking about topic whether shallow or deep.
    I believe introverts are more into it.

Writing is also a means of release.
    So even though you don't have anyone to talk to at the moment, at least you can pretend that someway somehow you were able to share and release those agonizing or happy thoughts you have in mind.
    Like someone has already listened to you.
    And somebody could get a lesson or trivia to anything you can post.

5. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

Creative writing is any writing that goes outside the bounds of normal professional, journalistic, academic, or technical forms of literature, typically identified by an emphasis on narrative craft, character development, and the use of literary tropes or with various traditions of poetry and poetics.

6. jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48 New Member

Writing for me is a form expressing oneself. You learn how to think well. It is good for the mind. It can make our minds healthy and strong. It is so beneficial for everybody.

Even our God is an ultimate writer or author of the Holy Bible. He inspires holy men of God to write. His writings is like a manual and a love letter for all of us. Its a manual because the Bible tells us how and why we are made by God. Its a love letter because He wants us to know that He loves us so much that he sent His one and only Son to save us from our sins. So we must learn how to write also.

1 person likes this.
  7. naililmuna

naililmuna New Member

To me, writing is everybody art. and reading is to make sense about the world. You know, we call written text is a cold medium. I means not like hot medium such as radio or television, written text could be slowly digested through rational thinking. We can read over and over for better understanding. We can break apart a narration into sections, then into paragraphs, then into lines, words etc. Even the smallest unit of text i.e. a single letter could make big difference. Think about how a writer poetry craft the rhyme. It apply as well to non-fiction writing. But the process of writing could came instantly on everyone. But to those who master the skill, it could instantly be an art of shared moment and experience.

8. John0520

John0520 Member

Writing is a way of expressing my self. It is an art that reflects what i want to express because it holds what and how i feel and how i react to what i feel. Writing is everything, from real to imaginative perspective, simple to complex. For me, writing is the way of sharing how you feel and how you think of something.

9. Jomari-QyEG

Jomari-QyEG Member

Writing lets me interact with people I would otherwise never have a chance to meet. Whether that be due to the physical divide of distance, or the metaphysical divide of time after I pass on. And the beauty of the digital medium is that it can cross both of these divides with ease. It is a privilege to be able to share my thoughts and feelings in this way.

10. lessurmitch

lessurmitch Member

Wow! I consider myself that I am good at writing. ;) Writing for me is dominant in all aspects. If I'm sad, I write. When I'm happy, I write those things what made me happy and what I am going to do in the next chapter. I consider writing as my second voice. The voice from my mind which I can not express my feelings vocally. It helps my brain relaxed at the moment and even I can show what my heart desires. :cool:

11. Aeons02

Aeons02 New Member

Writing for me is an inner voice. Whenever I feel the urge to write, I just scribble anything. I write when I am happy, sad, angry and hopeful. Paper and pen are my good friends because they let me express my innermost feelings. I am more of a writer than a speaker. My mind wanders when I am writing that is why I often get a lot of nostalgic and futuristic moments.

Writing is a talent that not everyone has. I feel blessed that I've got a pinch of it. :)

12. neromare

neromare New Member

It's everything I have at the moment, and the only thing that brings me joy.

13. Ariel312

Ariel312 New Member

Enthralled by the worlds' imagined and built by the authors I read as I was growing up, I had a deep urge to learn the skill to its minute details and excel at doing the same myself. Though at first, my mission was to only imitate the art, after delving in, I realized that that was not to be anymore. Writing, I discovered, was an art that had its own beating heart that demanded attention, time and a burning passion. As time flew by and my expertise at handling the delicate words of the language improved, I was already lost within the intricate and beautiful depths of the art called 'writing'.

14. anabz

anabz New Member

For me, writing is expressing your thougths and fellings. Whenever you feel sad or happy, you write it on your diary. You can also write your opinion or suggestion that can help to improve someone or some place.

15. luv2xacosta

luv2xacosta New Member

Writing for me is form of communication to other people and telling them what you feel and how you about about life, about your surroundings, about your experience, about your friends, and every things that exist in your world. It's a form of expression that instead of talking it directly, you write it in artistic manner as a bridge to communicate to another being. Writing can be use as a rebellion, where a writer have to write the flaws of the government or to those who have done something in the society where other people are blind to see it. Writing in an expressive manner can help other people to lighten their mode be in love. You see, writing is a very powerful tool that expresses what's in our mind, express our real emotion either we are disappointed, sad, happy or in love. When we write of something depending on our situation or how we feel, it help us relieve our feeling that is a burden to us maybe with anguish, hatred, disappointment, or even with sadness. That is why writing is an expression, it defines us of who we are and what we are as a person.

16. cortaxfrog

cortaxfrog New Member

Writing is everything for me - Okay, maybe not "everything" but it's the only hobby that I have that I am relatively good at (if I may compliment myself :D ) I love sharing my thoughts with the world, and writing is one of the best ways I can do that. I started writing when I was a teenager, and of course I am not very pleased with most of my work from back then. To be honest, I started out writing fan-fiction stories... but then, as I grew, I began to understand more about my writing style, and wrote a few short horror stories. I can't describe the way I first felt when people started complimenting me. So I practiced and I practiced - and now here I am, writing my first novel :D

That being said, I don't think I would ever be interested in being a professional writer, with a huge publisher behind me or something. First of all, writing is much too personal to me, it is a way to express my hidden feelings. Secondly - I like working at my own pace, without deadlines and stuff like that. I think once I finish few first chapters, I will just find a website that I can post on and start releasing my work for free.

But yeah, anyways I must say that I love writing stuff, and if somehow I would be forced to give up the rest of my hobbies and only write more, I think that I'd accept that deal.

17. jacejakllemi

jacejakllemi New Member

I love writing. Writing – whether my writing or someone else’s – allows me to escape my world and fall into others. Writing lets me see rich, thriving forest, craggy cliff seashores and ocean spray. Writing lets me smell the salt in the air or hear the crack of a twig as a foot steps on it.

Writing lets me live the fear, feel the love, wipe away the tears and chuckle at the humor. It lets me meet people that I’ll never truly meet and delve inside their minds and souls like some fortuneteller picking truth from the mind.

Writing is a secret code. It’s more than words. It’s a language on pages that lets me drop into places that don’t exist to live in the world of wonderful dragons, or feel the battle-bloody excitement of Viking pillage or catch my breath at the frozen moment of danger.

I read voraciously. I read everything I can get my hands on. I devour books in just a few days and treat them like cherish friends. I read for the pure pleasure of having the colors come alive in my mind, of enjoying the ring of the voices that echo in my head.

I read and write for pleasure with my body, mind and soul. Reading lets me experience wonders that I cannot experience on my own, and writing lets me explore creating that sensation for others. It also lets me learn more about myself, the power of writing touching me deep inside.

Writing, to me, means that I can be a part of what doesn’t always exist… and that I can sometimes make it real.

18. babyshelle

babyshelle New Member

Writing is a manner of expressing ourselves. It is a way of sharing your thoughts or showing the world of who you truly are. Most of the time, the unspoken words we bear in our mind and soul can be expressed through writing. Sometimes we tend to write those events we wish to happen in our life; our dreams, hopes and desires. It is silly to say that I used to write a love story. I used to think that I am the main character and how I wish that we can write our own destiny. We may be unaware but writing helps us in so many different ways. Keep on writing and continue to inspire other people. <3

19. nrico143

nrico143 New Member

For me, writing is a journey. It can take you to the places where you wanted to go. Your imagination is your limit. Writing is a form of art which let anyone express their freedom and creativity. It is also a double edge sword that can either make or break you.

20. aljay2386

aljay2386 New Member

Writing for me is my escaping tunnel away from reality. in writing, you can express your feelings without the approval of others, you can be your own hero a legend, being free. you can write anything you want and like. I remember writing limerick poem to my girl and she likes it and it was also graded good by my professor. I honestly not good at writing but expressing what you love or like made it amazing.

21. kendiiii

kendiiii New Member

Writing for me is how I bleed the pain out. It helps me get out all that is in my head and look at it in the eye, be it in form of imagery or a fictional character bearing my feelings. It helps me get it out and therefore puts me in a position to both express myself and heal.

22. Cio

Cio New Member

Writing for me is expressing ones feelings with that, we can express what is in our heart and soul that need to express.

23. Scyllune

Scyllune New Member

Writing is a mechanical act. But it's an act which, while fundamentally rote, is important in a manner that speech is. It allows us to express our thoughts and sentiments. It's a medium for creativity and heartbreak, while retaining an objective edge that most forms of communications lose the moment that they are manifested.

Personally, writing is both a livelihood and a means to explore the depths of my own expression. I have to fulfill a client's desires, but at the same time, I also have to produce something up to par according to my own standards. It's liberating and restrictive at the same time, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

24. Cio

Cio New Member

Wrinting is a medium of human communication that represents language and emotion with signs and symbols. In most languages, writing is a complement to speech or spoken language. Writing is not a language, but a tool used to make languages be read. Within a language system, writing relies on many of the same structures as speech, such as vocabulary, grammar and semantics with the added dependency of a system of signs or symbols. The result of writing is called text, and the recipient of text is called a reader. Motivations for writing include publication, storytelling, correspondence, record keeping and diary. Writing has been instrumental in keeping history, maintaining culture, dissemination of knowledge through the media and the formation of legal system

As human societies emerged, the development of writing was driven by pragmatic exigencies such as exchanging information, maintaining financial accounts, codifying laws and recording history. Around the 4th millennium BC, the complexity of trade and administration in Mesopotamia outgrew human memory, and writing became a more dependable method of recording and presenting transactions in a permanent form. In ancient Egypt, writing may have evolved through calendric and a political necessity for recording historical and environmental events

25. silverwords

silverwords New Member

Writing for me is whole new world. It brings me somewhere hidden I did not know even exists to begin with. Writing makes me feel satisfied and it brings out the best in me. Every word is powerful and it taught me that you have to always be careful in whatever you write because without your knowledge, you can help and inspire someone, but on the other hand you can also hurt people. I find happiness in writing and you should always invest your time in something that makes you happy, so writing is very important to me.

26. Aglotz

Aglotz New Member

To me writing is freedom. It is a way to leave all the other worlds and go into your own one. It can feel spiritual or like someone is sat next to you helping you write. I will always be surprised when I create a character and the character almost writes their own story. I don't know if others have experienced this but I have had lengthy arguments with characters that just won't do as they are told.
    I love all the research you need to do and all the things you learn just simply trying to build a better picture or say things right.

Writing is maths, science and many other things that don't seem at first glance to be needed. You can think you know it all and then be stuck researching things you didn't even know existed.

Through all that you can never be prepared for your own insight and pitfalls and you can always surprise yourself with a good metaphor or a flowing bit of poetry.

27. jerichomendoza2

jerichomendoza2 New Member

What does writing mean to me? Writing seems to be so much a part of me that I would feel lost if I could not write. I write beause I must. There just isn’t a way to get around it. Sure it’s fun to share ideas, express emotions, and have someone say, “Wow, you write well!”, but more than that it is a compulsion. I have to write and I wouldn’t be me, if I did not write.

I seem to always have a pen and paper in hand, jotting down an observation, a phrase, a rhyme. I ‘ve done this since I was young and I will continue to this. If I’m close to my computer, then of course I’m using it for my writing.

28. Jhondirk

Jhondirk New Member

I think writing is really a process of communication. It's the sense of being in contact with people who are part of a particular audience that really makes a difference. Writing is hard work, not magic. It begins with deciding why you are writing and whom you are writing for. What is your intent? What do you want the reader to get out of it? What do you want to get out of it. It's also about making a serious time commitment and getting the project done.

29. Pedong

Pedong New Member

Witing is a, extraordinary type of art and tool. It is the way we use our voice when we describe what we are saying with words. Writing in any way possible will make the person feel very good for multiple reasons. They can use their words in a diary or journal to express what they are feeling. If they want to tell a story, writing a book or a short story (fiction or nonfiction) , a poemor a song, writing it down is the way to go. Writing is also useful for communication with others, such as through letters, emails, or texts. It is also used to improve our daily lives, such as helping us jog our memory when we make shopping lists or forget the date of an event or need to remember the date of a day by looking at the calender or know the time by looking at a watch/clock. Writing overall is just a marvelous way to express ourselves and move through our lives in an easier manner.
    [​IMG]

30. angeljpd06

angeljpd06 New Member

writing for me is an art, it is a skill that not everybody else could have. so if you are a good writer, you're lucky you could even write the story of your life.