What is your favorite easy meal?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by plsargent, Aug 10, 2012.

1. ummibee

ummibee New Member

My go-to quick meal is quesadillas. They are so easy to prepare and with so many variations you can't get bored! I often do a basic one with canned beans or (homemade refried beans that I have on hand), cheese, tomatoes or fresh salsa and shredded leftover chicken. I usually use corn tortillas for these but flour work fine as well. Sometimes we use ground turkey in the filling or spinach and chicken. Whatever you have on hand can be used. Enjoy!

2. hernb1

hernb1 New Member

I actually have 2 very easy meals: The first one would be Tacos. All you need to do is brown ground beef and drain. Get pre-made taco shells and put them in the oven for 5 minutes or how ever many minutes the direction states. Get pre-shedded lettuce, pre-shredded cheese and chop up a tomato. If you want sides with it just get your favorite canned beans and a can of corn and you have a meal.
    The second meal would be spaghetti and garlic bread. You will brown ground beef and boil your spaghetti noodles. Then you are going to drain both of them. Then you will combine the spaghetti the ground beef and your favorite marinara or spaghetti sauce. As for the garlic bread, you can buy it pre-made or you can buy garlic spread and put it on your favorite bread and you an easy meal.

3. devianthype

devianthype New Member

My easiest meal is a pan-fried fish fillet - make a simple marinade and brush it on either side, then put in a pan with a little bit of olive oil. Sautee some leafy greens in the same pan and then toast a couple pieces of bread. The whole thing only requires a toaster and one pan, which means very little washing up, and it's doable within 20 minutes. It's pretty healthy, too!

4. Cariad9

Cariad9 New Member

I'm a bit of a health food nut and spend a lot of time creating elaborate dishes. However, when time is tight these are two of my tried and tested 'quickies'.

1) Rice with anything I can find in the fridge and a dollop of Thai green sauce on the top. This goes great with peppers, shredded carrots, sweetcorn, chicken, prawns, anything you have hanging around!
    2) Easy soup. Again, this is great to use up any old veggies you have in the fridge. Throw into a saucepan, cover with stock until you just about cover them, boil until vegetables are soft and then pour into a blender and blitz for a minute. Perfect healthy wholesome soup.

I'm thinking about starting an easy, healthy eating blog. I'll let you know if I do! :)

5. hueman

hueman New Member

Couscous is a very fast and tasty alternative. You just add hot water to it and after 5 minutes you can pretty much mix it with anything you want. I usually just add whatever leftover veggies and meat I have in the fridge. Works great if you're out of bread also!

6. copperpenny

copperpenny New Member

When I'm in a pinch, I make turkey burgers and baked sweet potatoes.

Another thing I do is season up some chicken breasts with Cavender's Greek Seasoning and grill them, and thenmake chicken wraps with salad, hummus, and Tzatziki sauce (blend nonfat Greek yogurt, a cucumber, and several cloves of garlic until smooth).

7. OscarJS

OscarJS New Member

If I'm in a hurry and want some decent, nice food, I'll probably do some simple stir fry noodles with vegetables and soy sauce, it's a winner.

8. jules0309

jules0309 New Member

Pesto chicken ciabatta is my quick and easy recipe whenever I don't feel like cooking. I usually get a small jar of pesto and pre-cooked chicken breast and golden raisins from the supermarket.

Just mix a small amount of pesto to about two tablespoons of low fat mayonnaise. Coat ciabatta buns with butter and grill for a few minutes. Put chicken on bun, coat it with the pesto-mayo mix and sprinkle some raisins on it. Put some lettuce on the bun before placing the chicken on it for some crunch. It's delicious and really easy to make.

9. ironical

ironical New Member

Stewed tomatos and rice. I just made it. Easiest thing in the world. Cook the rice and poor the can of stewed tomatos over it. 5 minutes tops and doesn't taste terrible. Incredibly cheap too.

10. _Pack_Mane_

_Pack_Mane_ New Member

My favorite and easiest meal would have to be my oatmeal in the morning, if you have chocolate protein powder that is. All it is, plain oats, milk and a scoop or two of delicious whey, stir it all up and you've got a delicious source of protein, slow digesting carbs and healthy fats.

11. Dr. Joshi

Dr. Joshi New Member

My favourite easy-to-make meal is called 'Thaalpeeth', which is made from pre-roasted multi-grain flours and diced vegetables. Many homes in India stock traditional thaalpeeth flour all year round, because of its long shelf-life. Wheat, rice, millets of different types, bengal gram, horse gram, black gram and many other pulses are roasted separately and then ground together to make a fine flour, which is stored in air-tight containers. No preservatives are needed. A cupful of this flour makes one thaalpeeth.

How to make a thaalpeeth:
    Finely diced or grated vegetables are mixed into a cupful of thaalpeeth flour. Cabbage, carrots, onions, beans, spinach and other leafy vegetables may be used. Salt, turmeric, green chillies, coriander powder and other spices are added according to taste. The mixture is then kneaded lightly in a little water to make a thick dough.

This dough is then patted flat in a non-tick pan (a few drops of oil may be smeared over the pan) and cooked covered, over a medium flame, for about five minutes. A strong aroma akin to that of freshly baked bread starts emanating when the lower side is done, after which the lid is removed and the thaalpeeth is flipped over and allowed to cook for another 2 minutes.

It should be eaten fresh, preferably with yoghurt, butter or chutney.

Besides being easy to make, it is definitely a 'health food', being nutritious as well as tasty!

12. paxton miller

paxton miller New Member

I love making shakes in my magic bullet! It is so easy and efficient. What I usually do in the mornings if I am in a hurry is make a nutritious shake. What I do is put in 1 cup milk, 2 tbs peanut butter, 2 scoops whey protein, 1/2 cup oats, and a banana. It comes out to about 800 calories (I am a football player so I am trying to maintain weight) and roughly 70 grams protein. It is a great way to fuel my body in the morning, fast!

13. Pilgrim1975

Pilgrim1975 Member

I like simple meals, personally. I tend towards soup and bread, pasta with vegetables and perhaps a cheese sauce or (if I'm feeling more energetic) I'll make the effort to fill a slow cooker with meat and vegetables, especially when I'm in the mood for a winter warmer.

14. aa888

aa888 New Member

My favorite meal is egg whites (scrambled) with steamed veggies, brown rice, and topped with sriracha. Easy, quick, and healthy!

15. sebackers2011

sebackers2011 New Member

Favorite EASY meal is probably a peanut butter and jelly sandwich lol, if you want a super low cal version of a pb and j sandwich you could go with low calorie bread and use walden farms calorie free peanut butter as well as walden farms calorie free jelly. My second favorite easy meal is just a simple bowl of oatmeal, with cinnamon and stevia, nice and delicious as well as satiating.

16. mikey1239

mikey1239 New Member

Pasta and Ham salad!

150g pasta (cooked and allowed to cool)
    6 slices of cooked ham (cut up)
    1/2 a red pepper
    1/2 a red onion
    1 garlic clove
    6 tbsp of salad cream

toss everything in a bowl, mix together and eat in the sun with a glass of iced water :)

17. marques

marques New Member

My favorite meal is corn beef, and cabbage. One half cup of cabbage is only 16 calories. This super food is high in antioxidants that battle cancer. Fresh corn beef has a small pack of seasoning included. The seasoning package make this meal taste delicious.

18. marques

marques New Member

My favorite meal is corn beef, and cabbage. One half cup of cabbage is only 16 calories. This super food is high in antioxidants that battle cancer. Fresh corn beef has a small pack of seasoning included. The seasoning package make this meal taste delicious.

19. amseifer

amseifer New Member

One of my favorites is to squash cornflakes in a baggie until they're fine, then pound a 1/2 chicken breast with a tenderizer until it's thin. Dip the chicken in Egg Beaters, then coat each side with cornflake crumbs and cook in a sprayed skillet evenly on each side until the chicken is cooked and the coating is brown and crispy. It's awesome because it only has about 300-350 calories but it tastes like old-fashioned Southern chicken-fried chicken.

20. Rachie Smith

Rachie Smith New Member

Here are some of my all time favorites

Cheeseburger Macaroni --
    1 lb. ground beef
    1/4 onion, minced
    1 cloves garlic, minced
    14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes
    2 cups raw macaroni, (cook according to package directions and drain)
    1 can Campbells Cheddar cheese soup
    salt & pepper to taste

Saute the onion and garlic in a little olive oil. Add the ground beef and brown. Add the diced tomatoes, including the liquid in the can. Simmer until the liquid is mostly reduced...5 to 10 minutes. Stir in the macaroni and Cheddar cheese soup. Heat through.

You can always add more cooked macaroni if you need to stretch the dish a bit.
    -----
    Spaghetti Pizza:
    A Kid Favorite:
    1 pound box spaghetti noodles
    1/2 cup milk
    1 large egg
    1 Jar Marinara Sauce
    1 pound lean ground beef
    2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
    13 x 9 glass baking dish

In a large stock pot boil water to cook spaghetti, follow package directions. Drain. Measure milk in large bowl, add egg, mix well, add spaghetti and mix well.

While spaghetti is cooking brown lean ground beef in large saute pan. Drain excess fat, return to pan and add the marinara sauce. Simmer on low.

Lightly grease a 13 x 9 glass baking dish. Pour spaghetti into dish, top with meat mixture and spread cheese on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes uncovered or until cheese has melted.

You could use a mild sausage or turkey sausage for a different twist.

------

Shepard's Pie:
    -Brown 1 pound beef/ ground turkey
    -Add 1-2 cloves of garlic, 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, and 3/4 cup ketchup
    -Cover and simmer 20 minutes
    -Coat casserole dish w/ nonstick cooking spray

1st Layer - meat sauce
    2nd Layer - Green beans and corn
    3rd Layer - mashed potatoes
    Top with cheddar cheese (as much as you want)

350 degrees (preheated oven) for 30 minutes - bake uncovered

Meatloaf
    1 1/2 pounds ground meat
    1 slice of bread
    1 egg
    1 package of Lipton's Onion Soup Mix
    pepper to taste
    4 TBSP ketchup
    1/2 cup half and half

*SAUCE*
    4 TBSP apple cider vinegar
    2 TBSP packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup ketchup

preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix sauce together until smooth and set aside

Add all ingredients together. Put in a loaf pan. Pour suace over and cook for 1 hour 15 minutes. Do this whether you use the sauce or not

Keilbasa Dinner
    BBQ Sauce ----
    1 cup ketchup
    1/2 cup cider vinegar
    1 tsp chili powder
    1 1/2 cup water
    celery seed > pinch
    3/4 cup brown sugar
    1 tsp nutmeg and paprika
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    hot sauce to taste
    --COOK 'TIL THICKENED--

1 lb kielbasa sliced (like quarters)
    BBQ sauce (made already or use 1 cup store bought)
    1 cup water

simmer kielbasa, sauce, and water until thickened. Serve over cooked white rice
    -------
    My version of ghoulash:

Ground Beef with vegetarain beans(pork and beans without the pork) with chopped onions, picante sauce, and tomato sauce. Serve over white rice.

Pasta Salad with veggies: Tri-colored rotini pasta with chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and green olives. Mix with Robusto Italian Dressing. Add a little seasoned salt and black pepper. Chill in the frig.

Chicken Pettazini:

Spaghetti with chopped, grilled, boneless chicken breast, Four Cheese white sauce or the Roasted Garlic and Parmesan cheese white sauce. You can also add green pepper if you like.
    ----
    Four Cheese Macaroni Casserole

Ingredients-
    3 cups uncooked macaroni
    1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped
    1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 teaspoon basil
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
    1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
    3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese

Preparation-
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil over high heat. Add macaroni, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and pour hot pasta into a casserole dish.
    Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together tomatoes, italian seasoning, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
    Stir into the hot pasta 1 cup of Cheddar, 1 cup of mozzarella, and 1/2 cup of Parmesan. Continue to stir until the cheeses have melted. Then stir in tomato and herb mixture. Sprinkle 1/2 cup Cheddar, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and 1/4 cup feta over the top of the casserole.
    Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 25 minutes.
    -----
    baked ziti

1 jar of good pasta sauce
    1 lb zita prepared
    1 lb ground beef
    1 tsp italian seasoning
    1 med onion chopped
    1 garlic clove minced
    8 oz riccotta cheese
    8 oz mozzerrella cheese

take your ground beef and start browning in a pan add onion garlic italian seasoning and a dash of salt and pepper while cooking the meat(I tend to find that this adds to the flavor of the meat) then add the pasta sauce bring to a boil and set down to simmer

now get a good sized baking dish add your prepared pasta and the sauce and mix add dollops of the riccotta and be sure to submerse slightly(frankly i like having larger bits of riccotta in amongst my pasta)sprinkle with the mozzerella on top and put in a 350 degree oven and bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly and serve.
    ---------
    bbq chicken legs.

2-3 chicken legs(or how many you like)
    1 tsp seasoned salt
    1 bottle of your fav bbq sauce

first take your chicken and place in a baking dish sprinkle the seasoned salt to the chicken and place in a 350 degree oven for about 1 hour. then add the bbq sauce all over the chicken and bake for an additional 15 minutes and serve. (I usually make this while i am helping the kids with homework.

-----------------

fast and easy bacon homefries

4 potatoes cubed(no need to peel if you don't want to)
    1/4 lb bacon chopped

first you chop your bacon and add it to a large fry pan fry till some of the fat is rendered then add potatoes and sprinkle with some salt and pepper and cook untill soft and lightly brown.
    --------

Quick and Easy Egg casserole

6 slices white bread, coarsely torn
    1 lb. bulk sausage, cooked, drained
    1 cup KRAFT Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
    6 medium eggs
    2 cups milk
    1 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. pepper

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 13x9-inch baking pan or oven-proof casserole. Place bread into bottom of pan; sprinkle with sausage and cheese.
    BEAT eggs, milk, salt and pepper in medium bowl with wire whisk. Pour over bread mixture in pan.
    BAKE 40 to 45 min. or until mixture is set in center and lightly browned.

Brunch Bake

Take 2 cups KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 4 eggs and 2 cups milk and mix & match your recipe from these options...

2 cups drained cooked Italian sausage
    mixed sliced mushrooms, chopped bell peppers and chopped onions
    Stuffing Mix for Pork

Then follow our 3 simple steps:

MIX meat, 2 cups vegetables, the STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix and 1-1/2 cups of the cheese in 9-inch square baking dish.
    BEAT eggs and milk with wire whisk until well blended; pour over meat mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 min.
    PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until center is set. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese; continue baking until cheese is melted.

Cheesy Bake

12 large eggs
    1/3 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
    1 lb. pork sausage
    1/4 lb. (4 oz.) sliced fresh mushrooms
    1 medium onion, chopped
    2 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 1 cup)
    2 cups KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
    2 cups KRAFT Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese or KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Beat eggs with sour cream with wire whisk until well blended. Pour into greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Bake 10 minutes or until egg mixture is softly set. Meanwhile, cook sausage, mushrooms and onions in large skillet until sausage is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Drain.
    REDUCE oven temperature to 325°F. Spoon tomatoes over the baked egg layer; top with the sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses.
    BAKE an additional 30 minutes or until egg mixture is set in center.

Morning Sausage Bake

2 Tbsp. margarine
    1 lb. mushrooms, finely chopped
    1 cup plain dry bread crumbs
    1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen LOUIS RICH Turkey Sausage, thawed
    1 medium red or green bell pepper, chopped
    3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
    1/4 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
    2 cartons (8 oz. each) egg product

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Melt margarine in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 10 min. or until mushrooms are tender and moisture has evaporated. Remove from heat; stir in bread crumbs. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; press firmly onto bottom of dish to form crust.
    ADD turkey sausage to skillet; cook on medium heat 12 min. or until no longer pink, stirring frequently to break turkey sausage into small pieces. Remove from heat. Add bell peppers, parsley and ground red pepper; mix well. Spread over crust; cover evenly with egg product.
    BAKE 25 min. or until center is set

21. avamontgomery

avamontgomery New Member

My favorite easy meal is quinoa. It's a tiny seed but grain - like in texture and is similar to rice. It's incredibly easy to prepare and you can mix it with anything you want to create millions of recipes. It's kinda like tofu and absorbs the flavors of whatever it's cooked with. You can make quinoa salad, quinoa cookies, you can eat it for breakfast and for dinner and it's so incredibly healthy. Quinoa is a perfect protein and contains all of the nine essential amino acids. I love it and I hope you try it!!

22. qianam

qianam New Member

One of my favorite easy meals would be pan seared tilapia, sauteed mushrooms, and steamed broccoli. I spray my non-stick pan with olive oil spray and season my tilapia with white pepper, red pepper flakes, and Zatarain's blackened seasoning. I sear the tilapia on each side for about 4-5 minutes. I slice my mushrooms and saute in the same pan. I use a steamer basket to steam the broccoli. Sometimes, I will toss my broccoli in olive oil butter and red pepper flakes once it's done.

23. Shran

Shran New Member

Steamed shrimp....couldn't be easier. Boil water in a large stock pot and place a steamer pan on top. Throw in some un-cooked shrimp, sprinkle with old bay and steam it, lid on, for 10 minutes, 20 if the shrimp is frozen. To make your sides even easier, toss some corn cobs and potatoes into the boiling water for a few minutes before adding the shrimp. It's basically a steam pot, sans the expensive crab.

24. naveeda

naveeda New Member

My favourite easy meal is potato and mustard curry mixed, which is so delicious and healthy.
    Mustard 2 cups,
    Potatoes 2
    Tomato big 1
    Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
    Curry one table spoon
    Coriander power 2 teaspoon
    Pepper powder half tea spoon
    Sugar and salt as needed
    Soya milk as need
    Olive oil 2 table spoon
    Cardamom half tea spoon
    I wash the leaves, heat a pan, add olive oil, necessary ingredients and gave them a fry. I keep stirring and let it cook for 3 minutes. I mix well with ladle and sprinkle some crushed basil leaves for aroma. I serve with rice and yogurt. I love this yummy recipe.

25. horseman1

horseman1 New Member

Grab a can of your favorite chili, a bag of shredded cheese and a bag of corn chips.
    1. In a microwave safe throw in a handful of crunched up corn chips.
    2. Open can of chili, dump on top of corn chips.
    3. Sprinkle cheese on chili.
    4. Microwave until hot.
    5. Eat
    It's really good and sooo easy. Enjoy!

26. Laura C

Laura C New Member

My favorite easy meal is simple "Sloppy Joe's." Basically you cook ground hamburger meat with onions (and red/green peppers if you like), drain the grease, and then put equal parts barbecue sauce and ketchup in the pan over medium heat until it thickens. I also add a squirt of Worstechire sauce just for extra flavor. Best when eaten on hamburger buns on a warm summer day!

27. SamNomNomNom

SamNomNomNom New Member

A quick and easy meal that I always make would be baked fish and rice. I was told by my doctor that I needed more protein in my diet so I decided to have baked fish and rice on nights when I have to work until four or five in the morning and I do not have time to cook a difficult meal. I buy my fish in bulk at Walmart. I don't bread it or fry it, I only season it and bake it at 400 degrees for about ten to fifteen minutes. While the fish is baking, I start up my rice cooker and put about a cup of rice in it. All in all, baked fish and rice is a healthier, quick meal that takes fifteen minutes to make and it is a filling meal.

28. katykat

katykat New Member

My favorite quick and easy meal involves couscous. Couscous can be cooked really quickly; you just pour some boiling water over it, cover and leave it for a few minutes. Sometimes I use chicken stock instead of water to add some extra flavor. Couscous goes with most things, but I usually like to mix in some stir fried vegetables.

29. dreamcatcher1

dreamcatcher1 New Member

This meal is very easy to prepare and only uses aluminum foil, cooking spray, lemon pepper seasoning, garlic & pepper seasoning, 1 boneless swai fillet, and a handful of california medley frozen vegetables.

1. Lay out a sheet of aluminum foil big enough to fit around 1 whole frozen swai fillet.
    2. Spray the cooking spray on the side of foil that is facing upwards. Personally I use PAM 100% natural and organic 0-calorie cooking spray.
    3. Place 1 frozen, boneless swai fillet on top of the cooking spray. Lightly season the fish with lemon pepper seasoning and the garlic & pepper seasoning.
    4. Drop a handful of frozen california medley vegetables on top of the seasoned fish.
    5. Wrap the aluminum foil snugly around the fish and veggies so that there are no holes.
    6. Place the pouch in an available pan and place it in a 350 degree oven.
    7. Leave the pouch in the oven for at least an hour and a half. It is okay to check on it every once in a while. When you do, be careful when opening the pouch as there will be steam. Stick a fork through the veggies and if it goes straight through without a problem, it's finished!
    This meal is extremely healthy (it's just fish and veggies) and low-calorie. I hope you will enjoy!

30. dreamcatcher1

dreamcatcher1 New Member

This meal is very easy to prepare and only uses aluminum foil, cooking spray, lemon pepper seasoning, garlic & pepper seasoning, 1 boneless swai fillet, and a handful of california medley frozen vegetables.

1. Lay out a sheet of aluminum foil big enough to fit around 1 whole frozen swai fillet.
    2. Spray the cooking spray on the side of foil that is facing upwards. Personally I use PAM 100% natural and organic 0-calorie cooking spray.
    3. Place 1 frozen, boneless swai fillet on top of the cooking spray. Lightly season the fish with lemon pepper seasoning and the garlic & pepper seasoning.
    4. Drop a handful of frozen california medley vegetables on top of the seasoned fish.
    5. Wrap the aluminum foil snugly around the fish and veggies so that there are no holes.
    6. Place the pouch in an available pan and place it in a 350 degree oven.
    7. Leave the pouch in the oven for at least an hour and a half. It is okay to check on it every once in a while. When you do, be careful when opening the pouch as there will be steam. Stick a fork through the veggies and if it goes straight through without a problem, it's finished!
    This meal is extremely healthy (it's just fish and veggies) and low-calorie. I hope you will enjoy!