What is your favorite form of exercise?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by bdawn, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Olly1997

Olly1997 New Member

Lifting weights is absolutely the exercise for me, at school I had always been put off by exercise simply because I did not enjoy sports that much (and particularly hated running!). But in my teenage years I discovered weightlifting and quickly became addicted to the thrill of putting on muscle and lifting heavier and heavier weight.

Within lifting itself, I'd say my favorite exercise has to be the bench press. There is something just so exciting about having to lift a really heavy weight off your chest. I guess it really brings out the animal in me.

2. bohomama

bohomama New Member

I really enjoy walking; just a simple stroll or a heart pumping power walk. I feel walking helps to clear your mind and refresh your body. That said, for a faster paced work out I love biking; gets a person from A to B as well as working your body out.

3. Chocolate_Chino

Chocolate_Chino New Member

My favorite form of exercising is playing sports such as basketball and football. Football and basketball you use a lot of calf, shoulders, arms, chest and leg muscles. The art of these sports is very physical demanding but can be easily countered by the attention of the game. I love sports because you can stay active and exercise while having a great deal of fun at the same time.

4. Neolexus

Neolexus New Member

My favorite exercise is squatting although the workouts are gut wrenching. Squats are one of the best exercises because they have the capacity to impact on the entire body not just the legs.

GarretKadeDupre likes this.
  5. GarretKadeDupre

GarretKadeDupre New Member

Yes! Mine too. I prefer low-bar squates. According to Mark Ripptoe (is that his name?) low-bar is preferable to high-bar because it engages your pelvic-area muscles more (think glutes) as opposed to your quads, and since your glutes are the biggest muscles in your body mass-wise, you get more bang for your buck as far as testosterone production and calorie burning goes.

6. jesuslover0314

jesuslover0314 New Member

I honestly do not like exercising at all, but if I had to choose a favorite exercise it would have to be walking. Walking is by far the best exercise because it's not physically demanding like all the others. I would probably enjoy other exercises if I had the motivation to do it but I don't. So, my favorite exercise right now would have to be walking.

7. bombshell

bombshell New Member

I love hot yoga! It is so cleansing and relaxing, but it's also a killer work out. I have been going 5 days a week for the last year and can't get enough. It's contributed to 10 pounds of weight loss and I feel strong and flexible. My muscles look longer and leaner and I am more centered now than I was before I started. It is a way for me to take some time away from my very busy schedule and children and find my breath and my peace. The benefits of hot yoga are incredible.

8. Heckyeah

Heckyeah New Member

I love weightlifting, I don't care that I'm not very strong or good at it, it just feels so good afterwards. Though it is nice to see progress and the way your body changes. I also like running in the summer, and I do yoga sometimes to relax and get a good stretch.

9. trueknoledge

trueknoledge New Member

Honestly it is hard to pick one but if i had to pick one, it would be weightlifting. Even though sports are fun and running makes you feel healthy, weightlifting is on a whole new level. Everyday after a session of lifting I feel very accomplished not only for the current days workout, but for the progress I've made. The progress I see and the progress I see helps motivate me to keep trying harder. I feel like at the end of the day, the feeling of accomplishment you get for weightlifting is just unbeatable.

10. Dalis

Dalis New Member

I've been very busy lately so I haven't had the time for a long and proper exercise routine but I'm determined to fit into my schedule some form of exercise routine as often as possible.
    My current favorite is quick video workouts 10 to 15 max that I can easily find anywhere online.

11. ANC

ANC New Member

I love walking on the trails near our house during pretty, warm days. I also enjoy teaching my bootcamp classes and doing body weight exercises. Oh, and let's not forget yoga. I always try to fit in a couple days of yoga because it feels so great!

12. Shanda

Shanda New Member

I love Yoga and Pilates. They complement each other and greatly improve flexibly, and core muscles.

13. KramJR

KramJR New Member

My favorite exercise is ZUMBA Fitness!! It is a dance workout that runs for about 45 minutes per session. What I enjoy about it is that I never get bored with it. It has many different grooves and moves that is simple yet is very effective in burning those extra calories. I enjoy the music and the fact that my wife and I can do it as a part of our regular exercise and family bonding time both in one activity! This exercise does not also require that much equipment and uniform. All you need is your own ZUMBA Fitness DVD, a television, walking or running shoes and any clothing you're comfortable with and voila - Your own fitness and exercise workout at the comfort of your home! I definitely recommend this to anyone especially to busy people with very little time to do some exercise. Just set aside 1 hour of your day for a session of ZUMBA and you'll be burning calories and having fun at the same time!

14. Cherie

Cherie New Member

I love working out with kettlebells. They are fun and I absolutely HATE cardio so it is a great way to get cardio in while it feeling like toning. I also really like yoga, Pilates, and PiYo. I do really like walking and hiking. Basically, as long as I don't have to do a cardio DVD, I'm good! LOL!

15. james bonner

james bonner New Member

My favorite form of exercise is the farmers walk or power walking with a weighted vest. I don't have time to go to the gym, or sometimes money is a bit tight. The only form of exercise that is free is to walk around the neighborhood. To intensify the workout, you can use weight to make things more difficult and build up a better sweat. I usually pick up a few dumbells and take a few brisk walks around the neighborhood. It's cheap, near by, and I don't really mind doing it.

16. riddlesMac

riddlesMac Member

Olympic weightlifting. It accomplishes in half of the time, and sets what body building will never do. Olympic weightlifting forces your body to work as a unit building a physique that is balanced, powerful and strong. Science supports the benefits of olympic weightlifting, and it can be seen in the numbers. Some of the heaviest lifters, who are not tall by any means, have a vertical compared to that of an NBA player. It forces your muscles to grow and adapt to the various stressors you place on them. Plus the community is awesome, and the competition is wonderful.

17. NikkiJ3rm

NikkiJ3rm New Member

The kids and I Mousercise every morning. It really is a great cardio workout. We all have fun, but the best part of all, is the kids don't even know they are really exercising. It's a great way to instill healthy habits for children at a young age. The only problem, is that I only have two Mousercise VHS tapes, and they are getting pretty worn down. So on the days that the VHS tapes don't work so well, we all go for a power walk.

18. Cheryl hoffman

Cheryl hoffman New Member

I actually enjoyed running it clears my mind from the day. Running alone won't make somebody lose weight I think the other exercises need to be incorporated.

19. Eldritch

Eldritch New Member

Calisthenics mixed with some weight lifting. I have a pull-up bar in my doorway, and some dumbbells with ~100 pounds worth of plates. I'll do weighted pull-ups, dips, squats, etc. I really enjoy this due to the fact that I basically have a gym in my room, and can really relax and focus on my workout in solitude. I'm hoping to eventually add a bench and bar to expand my workouts further.

20. jonjonscove

jonjonscove New Member

My favorite form of exercising is yoga, because, it is something you can do together as a family and have fun, creating beautiful memories that last for years to come. It is also not to strenuous on the body, and the results are fast. You can become strong, flexible, and gain peace of mind when doing my favorite exercise, yoga.

21. RandiWininger

RandiWininger New Member

I would have to say my favorite forms of exercise are the ones where I don't really realize Im working out. Such as walking, swimming, hiking, dancing, doing yard work, and so forth. I do however remember a time in high school I use to go run laps around the barn and I really loved it. Not sure I would feel the same about running now considering my flab would be bouncing around.

22. Victor Silva

Victor Silva New Member

Swimming and playing sports, it's my preferred ones, I really try to like and go working out but it hasn't worked so far, maybe I will try some crossfit in the near future. I like to exercise besides all my lazyness.

23. Dusan

Dusan New Member

My favorite form of exercise is yoga. Yoga has many bennefits for human body and spirit!

24. jessiccaa

jessiccaa Member

I love dancing, running and pilates. I have been dancing since I was 3, its more like fun than a workout to me!

25. Karen Mae Cruz

Karen Mae Cruz New Member

I love running. Aside from it strengthen my legs, it's also a form of cardio exercise that is good for our heart. It wakens all our senses in our body.

26. caitlinm

caitlinm New Member

I like walking because it is low impact. I love to take long walks with my dog every morning. It wakes me up and makes me more energized for the day.

For more intense training, I like HIIT training. My personal favorite is treadmill HIIT. For a period of 10 minutes, I will sprint for 30 seconds and then hop off to the sides of the treadmill for 30 seconds. It doesn't sound hard but it truly is! However, it is incredible at muscle building and endurance training, so it has really helped me achieve my fitness goals and that's why it's one of my favorites!

27. PeteHubinsky

PeteHubinsky New Member

I think almost everyone loves to do one of these three exercises: swim, walk, or bicycle. I personally prefer swimming as I love the whole swimming experience. My YMCA membership has expired, but I am about to start it up again. I think if someone were trying to lose weight or get in shape (or both), they should do one of these three exercises. They are what I like to call "Love-Only" exercise. so if people love to do it, they will, which makes them ideal for those who want to improve themselves. I am debating currently whether to start Tae Kwon Do, it is not an exercise, but exercise is involved. Getting in top shape is my eventual goal. I was sick for a long time and now I feel as if I've been given another chance in life. When I get my Y membership in place, I will be swimming every day.

28. allyfly

allyfly New Member

I strongly prefer yoga. It is a wonderful way to exercise your body as well as your mind. Although some routines may be tough, the end result is way worth it.

29. Attenuated

Attenuated New Member

It may sound pretty boring, but my favorite exercise is definitely walking. Walking outside allows me to enjoy nature and catch up on what's going on in my neighborhood. Walking on a treadmill is more of a solitary, meditative pursuit, giving me time to think, plan, or just daydream.

30. Genevieve Nelson

Genevieve Nelson New Member

I love hiking! It's great because you get to enjoy the outdoors while exercising. Before you know it you've hiked a few hours and reached the top of the mountain. Seeing gorgeous views and waterfalls are excellent rewards too!!