What is your favorite form of exercise?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by bdawn, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Ginger

Ginger New Member

My favourite kind of exercise is swimming as it's fairly gentle while still working out various parts of your body at the same time. It can also be good for those that struggle with other forms of exercise, perhaps through injury, as the water supports your body. Exercise classes in the pool do wonders too!

2. Jessica Cassidy

Jessica Cassidy New Member

I use a combination of walking, 21 day fix (which also incorporates portion control), and running. If high impact is not for you, then an elliptical is a great option. The max I work out on any given day is 2 hrs.

3. Diana Smith

Diana Smith New Member

I enjoy a variety of exercise to keep it from getting boring. First I will go to the gym and get on the elliptical for about half an hour. After that, I will cool off in the pool and swim laps for about an hour, then retire to the hot tub. I like to go for a walk every day for half an hour or longer, depending on the weather. I really like to go to different places to walk so I don't get tired of any particular place. I am fortunate to live in Colorado, where there are a mass of hiking trails, parks, mountains and anything else you might think of. It is beautiful and inspiring to find new beautiful nature areas to walk around.

4. SammD

SammD New Member

My favorite form of exercise is yoga, particularly a fast-paced class where cardio is involved. If I don't have the time to get to a yoga class (or the motivation to do it at home), I love to walk. I find it to be stress relieving, a great way to explore my neighborhood, and a fun way to spend time with my dog.

5. deezee33

deezee33 New Member

My favorite way to stay fit is a combination of judo and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Grappling is very active; we burn a lot of calories sparring full speed.

Plus, wearing the outfit (called a gi) makes you sweat quite a bit so its a good way to burn calories. The full body workout you get from competitive, full-speed grappling is not matched by very many other exercises and you learn to defend yourself at the same time.

Judo and BJJ are excellent for self defense especially for women. The whole basis of both martial arts is that size and strength can be used against an attacker so that smaller, weaker people can defend themselves against much larger, untrained foes.

6. Mark Cunningham

Mark Cunningham New Member

I'm not entirely sure if I enjoy exercise as defined.. So why am I writing this? Because I enjoy feeling fit and including physical activity into my daily life, for the purpose of keeping fit. Is that the same as exercise?

I really enjoy taking a scenic route on my way to somewhere (walking of course or bicycling). However not for the purpose of simply walking to exercise, that's boring! I used to go to the gym a few years ago but it became such a problem and it stopped being fun.

I recently saw a new invention called the 'Treadmill desk'[yt], yes really. I thought it was hilarious, but now I come to think of it, it's what I'm writing about here, well the idea behind the invention anyway. If we all had to be more active at work, or the option to be more active at work was available, then maybe people would be fitter. Think about it.

On the other hand, the option to travel the fastest from A to B is always going to win out in the end, as opposed to taking the longest way between to points, even for me! I do enjoy taking a longer route on a journey, only if the journey is considered to be fun. If I had to choose between a long journey to work every day, but had the option to travel on public transport or car, i'm pretty sure I wouldn't last long taking the healthiest route.

The answer to : 'what is my favorite form of exercise' is obvious to me now. I don't have one! But I do like keeping fit though! :sneaky:

7. alpacagal

alpacagal New Member

I enjoy a variety of exercise and find that in not sticking to just one activity it keeps me from getting bored with any of them. I enjoy the elliptical, riding my mountain bike, my recumbent trike, hiking and swimming.

I suppose if I had to choose one form of exercise over any of the others I would have to say that hiking is my favorite. It enables me to check out different hiking trails and explore areas that I have never been to before. It is particularly enjoyable when I bring my golden retriever hiking with me, as she walks beside me and makes a fantastic companion. Not only is hiking an excellent form of exercise but it also is a great way to clear my thoughts and enjoy being out in nature. I always seem to feel better after a good hike in the mountains.

8. MadMoney25

MadMoney25 New Member

My favorite form is no exericse because that is too much work. I would rather lay in my bed and watch tv than go outside in the hot weather and run ten miles or left weights.

9. SquidAEH37

SquidAEH37 New Member

Basketball is my favorite form of cardio. You burn a ton of calories and have fun at the same time! As far as weight-lifting goes, Romanian dead-lifts are the best for me. I get a crazy burn in my back and feel legitimate strength when doing them.

10. Cornelia Amos

Cornelia Amos New Member

I swim alot and also do a little of walking and jogging, i do situp once in a week

11. stassnik

stassnik New Member

I love running or walking on the treadmill first thing in the morning. During the summer months, I like to go for a long walk in the evening after dinner. I also like to swim because it gives me an amazing total body workout.

12. Madison McCulloug

Madison McCulloug New Member

I love playing sports like volleyball, basketball, softball, and swimming. If I really want to get in a good work out I will run. It's not very fun, but there's nothing like the feeling when you're done. You're sore and sweaty, but you are so proud of yourself for doing it! For that reason I think running would have to be my favorite form of excercise.

13. Masonry83

Masonry83 New Member

My favorite in terms of results is high intensity interval training. I actually hate doing it because it sucks when you're actually working out, but the results are fantastic. Also, the more you do it, the more motivated you become.

14. Unfortunately I have a few herniated disks in my spine, therefore I'm only allowed and limited to doing a number of exercises such as swimming, walking and riding my bike.

15. Karinama

Karinama New Member

I preder weight lifting for exercise than anything else. I like to build and tailor my physique and this is the best way to do it in my opinion.

16. Mercshe

Mercshe New Member

I do jogging and running at our school oval which is about a quarter kilometer long. I do 15 laps each they. When you run it gets you a real "high" as if nobody can stop you from running. I also do jumping around after I got bored with jogging. Jumping provides a relief on tired calves and achy thighs. Sweating hard is the best thing ever and a glass of water after you exercise.

17. Angela B.

Angela B. New Member

When I was younger I loved doing all sorts of sports that my school offered - swimming, soccer, hockey, cross-country running, etc; but as I got older I just didn't have the inclination to continue.

Now, I find martial arts extremely exhilarating! Not only is it one of the best workouts you can ever get, but it's also a lot of fun. I practice with my husband mostly, but we are also teaching our daughter.

Right now we're doing Kombatan, Kali, Wing Chun and Muay Thai. There's really no need to do much else, though we do throw in weight-lifting several times a week.

18. heidi_mt

heidi_mt New Member

My favorite form of exercise is Kickboxing. I feel like I'm working off stress, anxiety AND pounds when I'm doing it. Besides those benefits, I just think it's fun!