What is your favorite Korean /Chinese Drama

Discussion in 'Television' started by Tangkiran77, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Tangkiran77

Tangkiran77 New Member

I enjoy watching 100 Days with my Prince. I love this Kdrama more for its fresh and adorable cast, who are so good at what they do that they managed to mobilize such a normal story and give it such a beautiful execution that truly leaves a lasting impression to its audience.

“100 Days My Prince” is a historical drama but it’s a comedy historical drama. We’re usually used to historical kdramas being overly dramatic and very sad but this drama is actually hilarious which makes it refreshing and interesting. The story made it so easy to root for Do Kyungsoo’s Prince Lee Yool/Won Deuk and Nam Ji Hyun’s Hong Sim. We mean, they’re childhood sweethearts, they met in the strangest way possible, they fell in love without knowing each other’s real identity, they were willing to sacrifice anything and everything for each other. The list of reasons goes on, and you’d probably have a heart of stone if you can’t see why we just want Lee Yool and Hong Sim to live happily ever after together.

2. Abbybvega

Abbybvega New Member

I enjoy watching W2 Worlds

3. Ade123

Ade123 New Member

There are a ton of Korean Dramas I have watched and Loved
    Fated to love you
    Memories of Alhambra
    My love from another Star
    Goblin
    W
    Currently watching a few Korean Dramas at the moment , the only Chinese Drama that I have watched and was an absolute favorite is Eternal Love or Ten Miles of Peach Blossom

4. helena99

helena99 New Member

My favorite korean drama is Goblin! The story line is perfectly paced, not too slow or fast and the characters & script well written. No scene feels filler or out of place, and the plot twists shock you. The fantasy aspects are well done and not cheesy at all. I've never laughed and cried as much from a drama or tv series in general as I did when I watched Goblin. A bonus is of course the cinematogrophy.

5. marianneap

marianneap New Member

I watched Descendants of the Sun for the nth time, and I can still watch it over and over again. It is my favorite because viewers can totally relate with the characters. The characters and the story will make you fall in love again, and make you believe that true love can wait. Plus it showcases the picturesque view of the place where they filmed it. It's lovely and breathtaking.

6. rdezjoyce

rdezjoyce Member

Definitely Descendants of The Sun :)

7. suhasrocz

suhasrocz New Member

I recently started watching a lot of South Korean television series since I subscribed to Netflix. I must say that I have fallen in love with these shows for their beautiful portrayal of complex life making decisions and a different version of good and evil. I recently watched Mr. Sunshine and this is my new favorite Korean series. The story is set in the early 1900s and deals with Korea's independence and their struggle against Imperial Japan. The series has been beautifully shot and I was mesmerized by a particular scene where the protagonists are on a boat and they are surrounded by huge mountains. The acting has been at par but the real winner is its storytelling. It weaves individual stories and links them to Korean's fight for independence.

8. yamazir98

yamazir98 New Member

I enjoy watching K-Drama but my most favorite is Queen In Hyun's Man. The story is so great, the main actress and actor have so much chemistry. It's has a unique story about a 300 year old man from the past, accidentally found his way to go the present world and meet the weirdest yet the prettiest girl and he fell in love for her.

9. arcenal18

arcenal18 New Member

I really loved watching kdramas this past few days. The series entitled "Nothing to lose" is so spectacular!

10. Keona

Keona New Member

KOREAN Drama the soundtrack is amazing on its own and it makes you attempt to sing a dance along with your body and soul. Actual good acting that makes you relate to the character in some ways, both the actors and actresses are gorgeous.Korean Drama pull at your heartstrings. There are so many awkward situation that you can't help but relate and laugh about it. You get impatient waiting for the next episode to see what happens next. There is always a love triangle. I love to watch Descendants of the Sun, My love from another star, goblin. The MIRACLE IN CELL NO. 7 taught us that the most selfless, most sacrificing and unconditional love will always be given by our parent. And no matter what happen that love will make us do everything for them. And one more thing it taught me that not because you were already condemned by some, Doesn't mean that everyone will judge you or hate you. There are still someone who will accept you and love you.

11. girlzi

girlzi New Member

I'd say
    Goblin
    Fated To Love You
    Goong
    You're Beautiful
    Gentleman's Dignity

and that's not even all! all of the ones listed gave enough impact for me.

12. mona12

mona12 New Member

There are so many awkward situations that you can't help but relate and laugh about it. You get impatient waiting for the next episode to see what happens next. There is always a love triangle. I love to watch Descendants of the Sun, My love from another star, goblin. The MIRACLE IN CELL NO. 7 taught us that the most selfless, most sacrificing and unconditional love will always be given by our parent.

13. owjeez

owjeez New Member

My all time favorite korean drama is “Full House”. Eversince it was aired on TV ages ago, my obsession with anything korean-related, unfolded. This particular drama really holds a special place in my heart. This series has the romantic-comedy genre so to those who haven’t watched any korean drama, you may start with this series. I highly recommend it!

14. missbibimbap

missbibimbap New Member

I am a big fan of Korean dramas to the point where I am losing sleep so as to finish all the episodes of one drama. I may have already watched 90% of all kdramas shown and that is how big a fan I am. Korean dramas have different types and genre but what I enjoyed the most is the romantic comedy type like "The Masters Sun", "My Love from the Star", "Oh my Ghostess" and "Emergency Couple". However, my all-time favorite romantic comedy korean drama is "The Queen's Man" or "Queen In-Hyun's Man". It is a complete package. It has comedy, romance and fantasy. It is very engaging that I finished the whole series---all 16 episodes--- in one seating. I highly recommend it.

15. Dbrix183

Dbrix183 New Member

My favorite K-DrDrama is Uncontrollably Fond.. its a sad movie bcoz the lead guy has cancer and its really hard to watch kim woo bin act like that since he also has cancer in real.life... but the series is great with beautiful OST's and BAE SUZY is so beautiful in his drama.

16. vinramoscareer

vinramoscareer New Member

Of course, "The Heir"! It is a South Korean TV series starring Lee Min ho, Park Shin Hye and Kim Woo Bin. I like the feeling of being in a high school populated by the privileged and uber-rich students:sneaky:. The series was a major hit in South Korea and received immense popularity across Asia.

17. ceres936

ceres936 New Member

I second Goblin and Descendants of the Sun. You might like Empress Ki - one of the most popular period K-dramas.

18. Artemis456

Artemis456 Member

I don't want to say this but I have a huge crush on Park Hyung Sik! He's just so cute and handsome. I don't even remember how many time i watched "Hwarang" and until now its still in my laptop. I can try delete all my movies and kdramas from my laptop but i wont allowed hwarang to be deleted. I have watched a lot of korean dramas already, his series, Strong Woman, is very cute too. The love team of him and park bo young is really lovely. But hwarang is still number one for me, i guess i love the stories about frienship in that series thats why i love it so much.

19. nspreloved

nspreloved New Member

I enjoy watching Detective, Mystery, or Investigation drama compared to romance. My favorite drama as of the moment is a Korean drama, "Signal". Signal is a crime thriller drama with a hint of fantasy that revolves around a walkie talkie the main character found. The drama has connects the past and the present. The present character talks to the character in the past through the walkie talkie to solve small cases as they move to the main case of the drama. The drama made me want for more and every episode makes it more interesting. The actors of the drama portrayed their characters very well. I'm not sure if there will be a season two, if there will be, I will be looking forward to watching it.

20. JeonKookie

JeonKookie New Member

For me we can't say what is our Favorite C or K-drama because every year we there are new drama released. Like last year you like Descendants of the Sun but when 100 days my Prince is aired you will start thinking I can't choose between D.O or Song Joongki and their both movie drives me nut. We can't recall all the movies that we say It was my favorite but those movies who catches our heart, made you jump when they have kissing scenes, made you cry, it was the movie you truly appreciated and remain in our mind, heart, and soul.

I don't have fav C or K- drama but i have favorite actors like Lee Minho, Park Hyun Sik, Lee JongSuk, Park Bo Gum, EXO D.O, Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Woobin, Ji Chang Wook, Yoo Seung Ho, Park Soo Joon, Nam Joo Hyuk

For Chinese actors: Li hong Yi, Dylan Wang, Darren Chen, Yang Yang, Kris Wu, Luhan, Li Yi Feng, Liu Haoran and Hu YiTian

21. gobbledygook

gobbledygook Member

This isn't really a Korean or Chinese drama. It's a Taiwanese series actually but I liked it so much I think it's worth mentioning. :D It's called Meteor Garden. It's originally a Japanese manga, I think. It has a Korean version as well. This was the first Asian TV series I've watched and I liked it so much. I actually got obsessed with it.

There's also this K-drama that I just watched last year. It was called Goblin. I wanted to know what the hype was all about. It was good. The acting was superb- this is what I liked most about the series.

22. konerious

konerious New Member

Arrows on the bowstring is my favorite chines Dram, where three siblings who are skilled archers set out to avenge their family. Not by the gun or sword, but with the bow and arrow. it so fascinating.

23. pceug17

pceug17 Member

I love watching Park Seo Joon's series (korean). He's too versatile as an actor. He can do serious, comedy, action and many more. Some highly recommended are Hwarang, Fight for My Way, and Kill Me, Heal Me. If you have time, Thai drama/series are also good and worthy to watch!

24. Zyrylrago

Zyrylrago New Member

My ahjussi. It gives so much lessons about life. It is not like any other kdramas that was all about love. It was about the struggles of different people that can make you feel grateful for what you have right now. Realizing that we will always have a problem even when we’re happy. You can’t tell that someone is happy just because their laughing or smiling. Not every successful man is happy with their work. So don’t think that only you are struggling because someone out there is struggling more than you. Be grateful, always.

25. maryssmaricar

maryssmaricar Member

My favorite korean drama would be GOBLIN. The one led by Gong Yoo. This series has this strong impact on us viewers because of its unique love story. It's one of the few movies that really made me cry and that it touched my heart.

26. Jeahan08

Jeahan08 Member

My favourite kdrama is descendants of the sun. I really love that story.

27. JMae372

JMae372 Member

I've got lots of favorites, but here are my top 5:

1. Hwarang
    2. Goblin
    3. Legends of the Blue Sea
    4. Hana Kimi
    5. Iljimae

28. eyahserrano

eyahserrano New Member

It is always been "Full House". Aside from the fact that Rain (Justine) is handsome and Song Hye Kyo (Jessie) is pretty, they are really compatible on the show. They act as a natural couple and gives a lot of giggles and smile to those who are watching. Although it is an old Korean drama, I will always appreciate that kind of show. It is fun to watch unlike some Korean shows today that focus more on fighting and revenge. The show is also applicable even on children for it is really wholesome and the plot of the story focuses more about family.

29. Princess Wendy

Princess Wendy New Member

My favourite Korean drama is Dae Jang Geum which translates to The Jewel in the Korean Palace. It is interesting in every way and deeply touching. The theme song called Onara is a beautiful piece of music and the meaning of the song is deeply touching. What I like most about Korean dramas is that most of them are based on true stories. Dae Jang Geum is based on a true story.

It is the story of how Jang Geum, orphaned at a very young age rose from being a cook to being the first female royal physician of Joseon Dynasty. The society of Josoen Dynasty then held women as second class citizes but she strove to learn Korean cooking and eventually medicine in order to cure the king. Her perseverance in this drama is inspiring.

The drama reveals the rich Korean culture, cuisine and traditional medicine.

30. aycee21

aycee21 New Member

I love Korean Dramas I have a lot of list of my favorite dramas and these are the Top 5 Korean Dramas that really inspire me.
    1. Korean Odyssey
    2. Descendants of the Sun
    3. Goblin
    4. An Empress Dignity (The Last Empress)
    5. Legend of the Blue Sea