What is your favorite time of day to exercise?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by taylor220, Jul 9, 2013.

1. taylor220

taylor220 New Member

My favorite time of day to exercise is early in the morning, but I have the hardest time getting out of bed. I love knowing that I've gotten my exercise for the day before my kids are even out of bed, but it's a struggle.

I have a friend that likes to work out late at night but I'm too tired to exercise by then.

So, what's your favorite time of day to work out and why?

1 person likes this.
  2. kontim

kontim New Member

Your body temperature peaks in the afternoon, usually between 2pm and 6pm, which means that you’re going to be able to do hard workouts even harder around this time, resulting in a bigger fitness boosta great thing if your goal is sports performance or cardiovascular capacity.

1 person likes this.
  3. TheKing

TheKing New Member

I prefer to exercise in the morning. I find that it helps to wake me up and sets me in a productive mood for the rest of the day. Plus, it's nice to get it over with early.

4. concreteriver

concreteriver New Member

Exercising in the evening is a good idea. It tires me out, making it easier to go to bed on time. It also helps burn fat and strengthen muscle tissue while my body is inactive.

1 person likes this.
  5. jkim7118

jkim7118 Guest

I do my exercise in the mornings because I'm a major procrastinator and if I don't get it done in the morning, I'll put it off until I end up not doing it at all. Plus, I like that it's cooler in the mornings and I have energy to work out.

6. squarahalys92

squarahalys92 New Member

It all depends when I can fit in a decent workout. I love doing one around lunchtime if I have a break from lectures because I have had a chance to digest breakfast, it's not too cold and I am ready for a pick me up. It's a good way to work out the morning's frustrations and get focused to make the most of the afternoon but only if I can have a long enough lunch that there's time to shower!

7. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 New Member

Definitely in the morning. Wake up, eat a light breakfast and then work out. Doesn't really matter which sport I do, running, swimming, gym etc. it all feels better in the morning. This way I'm sure to wake up so even by accident I'm not going to spend the whole day acting like a zombie.

And while certain people find it hard to get up from bed early I find it ridiculously hard to have energy for exercising when I finally get home after a long day of work.

8. BigJ

BigJ New Member

I'll have to agree with crimsonghost747. I prefer to train in the morning about an hour or so after a big breakfast. This allows me to get my training in before a tiresome work day and leaves plenty of time to eat and focus on recovery for the rest of the day.

9. FAHIM AALAM

FAHIM AALAM New Member

Evening is the best time to get exercise. Rest after exercise is very much important. If you exercise during day time, possibly you won't be getting the required rest and this can lead to serious stress and strain to your muscles.

1 person likes this.
  10. Cheyenne Benyi

Cheyenne Benyi New Member

I absolutely hate exercising in the morning. I know it is supposed to make you more alert for the day if you exercise in the morning, but it tires me out. I love being able to go to the gym at night, when nobody else is there. That way, as soon as I go home, I can hop in the shower and go straight to bed!

11. Natalie Hernandez

Natalie Hernandez New Member

I like to exercise an hour after I wake up. I try to have a light breakfast and then go for a run. My routine gets me going every morning. If I exercise to late at night I can't sleep as well, I feel I have too much energy.

12. Mariya

Mariya New Member

The best time for me is at night.Reason being because I happen to workout at 24 Fitness and in my area,let me tell you there are a lot of people during the day!I can remember last week I went with a friend and we didn't even have any room to do squats or throw a couple of basketballs around.That's why I prefer night GYM from day Gym.

13. Chris Tran

Chris Tran New Member

I have a thing for running a night - not sure what it is. I just enjoy being the only one out around campus, with the cold night air biting my skin and my pattering footfalls breaking the midnight silence. People often tell me I'm crazy for going out for a run just before bed, and many times I've gotten those "you're ridiculous, you know that?" looks from dorm mates who see me headed out the door in shorts and a t-shirt as they're coming in shivering from a cold bike ride back home.

Maybe it's the adrenaline, or that feeling of uniqueness...but whatever it is, I love getting my exercise in just before I sleep. When I'm in my room doing homework and I start to nod off, that's when I know that it's time to get out and run. It really wakes me up, makes me feel alive, as I'm out there panting and shivering (for the first few minutes at least), and when I get back I'm the kind of exhausted that makes a hot shower and a warm bed feel like paradise. By the time I collapse onto my pillow...heaven indeed. :)

14. Tezza

Tezza New Member

I often exercise both in the morning and the evening, but this time of year I prefer to do so in the late evening due to the temperature. It is a lot cooler to go out running in the evening.

15. KMRockwell

KMRockwell New Member

I love the idea of running in the morning, but much like you I struggle to get out of bed early. What I have found myself doing is setting my alarm 10-15 minutes before I actually want to get out of bed and hit the track so I have time to lay in bed before hand. It helps me psych myself up for my run and I get to feel pumped for the rest of the day.

16. Sandy M

Sandy M New Member

I like to exercise after getting up early in the morning. I feel fresh by going to a walk in the morning. I don't find time to exercise for the rest of the day, as I am busy in my work. In the past few days, I have gained weight and I need to burn a few calories. Even though, I am a bit lazy for exercise, I have to lose my weight and so it has become the need of hour. I go for a walk in the morning, as I feel that walking is the best exercise. Even my family doctor has recommended me to walk more for getting into perfect shape.

17. Mallory

Mallory New Member

My favorite time of day to exercise is like right before it gets dark. I have it perfectly planned that at everyday at around 8:45pm I go take a walk. It's lovely because the sun is setting and everyone has went inside so it's peaceful and quiet. My only real worry is that I might get attacked my some stray dog.

18. GeorgeYoung

GeorgeYoung New Member

I like to get a quick half hour work out in before my morning shower. That way if I don't find time during the rest of the day to work out then at least I've done some exercise.

19. hansypint

hansypint New Member

I am not really an early bird so exercising in the morning is out for me unless I am at school where physical education is usually in the morning. I usually prefer to jog in the evenings when there is a nice cool breeze and the weather is just perfect, not too warm or too cold.

20. I find that doing exercises, weights in my case are best done just before you sleep and just after you wake.

21. Meaghan

Meaghan New Member

Normally, my favorite time to exercise is early evening. However, I'm six and a half months pregnant, so I find myself working out later at night due to it being a lot cooler! The heat this summer is just killing me, so working out at night in the A.C. is a lot more bearable.

I do agree with the morning being the best way to get it over with, though. I love that feeling throughout the day knowing that I can eat a little extra due to my workout already being done! It's like you're already ahead of the game before you even started!

Working out in the morning or late at night is also really convenient when it comes to showering and stuff. In the morning, I can just shower and get ready after my workout, then I'm good for the day! Then, if I work out late at night, I can just hop in the shower, and get right in bed! It works out great!

22. Bobbo

Bobbo New Member

I have my full english breakfast about 6.30 am, the I drive a school bus. I am free about 9.30 am, and that's when I have a good workout in the gym.

23. GiGiEats

GiGiEats New Member

The second I roll out of the best in the morning, I put my sneakers on and get to the gym. Before I can even think about what I am doing, I get my work out out of the way so I can focus on the rest of the day. Amazingly enough too, exercise is like a form of caffeine, it revs my energy and I am so energetic the rest of the day, I don't even need that coffee cup!

24. Flamboyant14

Flamboyant14 New Member

My favourite time of the day to exercise would probably have to be early in the morning. My reasons are quite simple. I get to workout before work or university classes and I get to run in the park when there aren`t too many people around.

It is a good way to wake up without drinking coffee and I always feel ready to face the day (if I can run before work, I can accomplish mostly anything). I also have a hard time waking up, but in the end it is worth it.

I don`t think that any other time of the day can do it for me; I guess it differs from person to person.

25. quickwriter

quickwriter New Member

The best time to exercise or those times you wished you'd spend sitting and just watching movies or eating. Procrastination is the number 1 enemy when it comes to doing things so, when you feel like you need to be exercising, DO IT! Though, there are times when you feel fatigued so you need to take time to rest but remember that exercise is part of your days schedule and you should allocate its own time depending on your personal follow up diary!

26. jamesmajin

jamesmajin New Member

I think dusk is the best time of day for exercise. I play Tennis usually around late afternoon/early evening when it is still light, but beginning to get dark and it is always perfect. It is ideal also because, temperature wise, it is not too hot or too cold. It depends on the type of exercise though I guess! A morning job would be quite refreshing I suppose.

27. Tina Hesskew

Tina Hesskew New Member

I live in Central Texas so the coolest time of day right now is early morning, so that's when I exercise. However, I have to agree even during the cooler months, the afternoon's, or evenings, I take as relaxation time (and time to sip a cold beer).

28. Samuel Owens

Samuel Owens New Member

Well when I am doing my daily exercise which consists of squats, push ups and sit ups. I do them late at night at about 9-10pm or early in the morning at about 6 am. I do this because there is near enough nothing for me to do at this time and other I would just be sitting at home bored! I also do them at this time of the day as it is a lot warmer. Therefore, I find that I can do them more effectively!

29. bcassidy

bcassidy New Member

It varies for me, but getting some serious work done by sunrise is a very fulfilling feeling. In general I probably prefer the middle if the afternoon, but I am pretty adaptable to working out at different times.

30. krista phillips

krista phillips New Member

For me, the best time to exercise is in the early morning. I am freshest and at my best and brightest. It is also more beneficial to the body and will create changes much more quickly when you exercise before you have eaten any food or ingested any calories.