What is your favorite time of day to exercise?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by taylor220, Jul 9, 2013.

1. cjctm11

cjctm11 New Member

A lot of people nowadays are having a hard time on what time they should exercise because of their busy schedule but for me, anytime is the best time for an exercise. As an employee, I usually have my daily exercise after my work at the evening rather than taking it before work because it helps me to fall asleep faster and I could immediately recover after an heavy workout. So picking your best time to exercise depends on your free time of the day, but be sure to have a good sleep for about 6-8hours for your muscle recovery.

2. gettothemoney

gettothemoney New Member

I usually workout after work around 630. I work a swing shift so i have days off during the week so on those days i go either after i drop my kids off to school or i wait till after i pick them up. But i think my favorite time to exercise would be 12 noon i workout then eat and i still have the rest of my day.

3. blueflowers

blueflowers New Member

That's an interesting question because for me I don't think there's a time of day that works best. I feel differently everyday so it's not set. Right now I'm trying a new thing where I use exercise as breaks while I work. So I get moving and get work done at the same time. It feels double productive! Maybe you can try something like that? Or shorten your works outs- I do 10 minute spurts so I'm at least moving.

4. Apollo2018

Apollo2018 New Member

My favorite time for workout is after office hours because my muscles have already been stretched from works and it is good for warm ups. I feel more alive and active during set ups and lifting dumbbells.

5. jojosef29

jojosef29 New Member

I like to exercise in the morning so you are boosted all day, you can feel very light to do all the task you need to do. I have tried doing exercise before going to sleep its fine also because you can feel relax because you are a little tired its good when you are thinking about many things and you can't sleep, doing a little bit of exercise can make you feel a bit relax

6. angeliacq

angeliacq New Member

I work night shifts so I usually wake up in the afternoon and works out between 4pm and 7pm. It gives me plenty of time to meditate before I get into harder exercises. I become more energetic at night and I find myself more focused while I work. So far, I don't see any down side on this routine for two years now. Exercise in the morning is beneficial if you're a morning person, and making it a habit to jog when the sun's up will make a huge difference in your daily life. I also find yoga relaxing and it helps me regulate my sleep before I hit the sack in the morning on weekdays, and in the evening on weekends.

7. greenwood88

greenwood88 New Member

I prefer to workout during the night because I am asleep the whole day and I go to work at night. It is wiser to do it before work to save time and so I will be energized and fully awake.

8. Parathsharma

Parathsharma New Member

I prefer morning as it keeps me fresh the whole day. Yes it sometimes become challenging to wake up in the morning but it is worth it.

9. Ysettanova

Ysettanova New Member

My favorite time to exercise is in the afternoon. I am relaxed during these time of the day but feel active at the same time. I just feel like I want to do something productive so I do all sorts of my hobbies in the afternoon, working out included. I also sleep late so it just matches my daily schedule.

After working out in the afternoon, you could feel the exhaustion kick in during the evening so it benefits your sleep pattern too. You could feel yourself sleeping more comfortably in bed. It kind of kicks up my appetite though so you should watch for that if you are strict on your diet.

10. gabgab1218

gabgab1218 Member

Early in the morning is the best time to exercise.

11. Rechgaming

Rechgaming New Member

Honestly ,I love to exercise in the early of the morning because in our place , the sun will burn us if we go out to exercise at noon time. Aside from the weather problem, I can't exercise between 9 am to 4 pm because it is my working hours . I think it is the best time to exercise our body and I can prove that exercising at this time of the day will power you up for the whole day and help us to think more. I tried exercising before bed time but it causes me fractures of my bones and I felt tired everytime I woke up. And I also read about facts of exercise and I found out that exercising before bed is bad to our health because it will leave your body awakes instead of relaxing it and can cause death.

12. prateek22

prateek22 New Member

For me its early in the morning,in fact earlier than everyone else' early, so that i can exercise in a silent and disturbance free environment. I hit the Park at sharp 4 am and finish my workout before 5:30 am which makes it easy to see no dusturbing early morning jogging freaks which come after 5:30 am. and then i just sit and watch sunrise myself and reach home fresh. After all this the day seems beautiful and warmly welcoming.

13. TerryShorty

TerryShorty New Member

In my opinion, the best time of the day to exercise is in the morning, a couple of hours after you had breakfast.
    However, having a job does not let me do this, so I work out in the evening.
    There are different benefits to working out in the evening. You have plenty of energy and you had the time to rest after work, so you can work out more effectively and have the best results.

14. jansha24

jansha24 New Member

Finding the perfect time to exercise is as much about personal preference as it is physiology. Exercise is supposed to feel good—but if muscles are tight in the morning or working out too late disrupts sleep, it can feel counterproductive.

15. Cio

Cio New Member

Plenty of people tout the benefits of early morning sweat sessions, but if you can't fit in a workout before noon, don't sweat it. Research suggests the body could adapt to regular gym dates, so if we hit the weight room every day at 4 p.m., eventually we might perform better at that time than at any other time of day.

These findings are similar to earlier reseach, which suggests that sticking to a specific workout time can result in better performance, higher oxygen consumption, and lower perceived exhaustion. But scheduling a workout is more complicated than choosing a number on the clock.

Your body's core temperature is an important factor in determining the quality of exercise. A cold body leaves muscles stiff, inefficient, and susceptible to sprains, whereas higher body temperatures leave muscles more flexible.

Body temperature typically increases throughout the day, so muscle strength and endurance may peak in the late afternoon, when body temperature is highest. The afternoon is also when reaction time is quickest and heart rate and blood pressure are lowest, all of which combine to improve performance and reduce the overall likelihood of injury.

Hormone levels are also important in determining optimal workout time. Testosterone is important for muscle growth and strength, in ladies and gents. And the body produces more testosterone during late afternoon resistance training than it does during morning workouts. Plus, the stress hormone cortisol, which aids in the storage of fat and reduction of muscle tissue, peaks in the morning and decreases throughout the day and during exercise. But early birds, take heart: Morning workouts can be successful too.

16. Roemann

Roemann New Member

Whether you like a morning wake-up call, an afternoon delight, or a nightcap before bed, the “best” time of day to exercise really comes down to one thing: YOU. There are countless articles and studies about “the best time of day to workout.” With half the camp on the morning side and the other half on the later in the afternoon/evening side, it’s hard to know which one to believe. And while they both have research to support their arguments, the one thing most people can agree on, is the best time of day to exercise is the time you are most likely to make it a regular, consistent part of your life.

17. quirkydorky

quirkydorky New Member

My favorite time to workout is 5:30-6:30 am in the morning. I live in the city and i want to walk as an exercise so i choose the morning time because there are lesser vehicles, lesser noise and the air is not too polluted in that time. With one hour exercise i can energize my cells and be active for the whole day. But if i dont plan to walk for excercise i usually just do it in the house around 6:00am-8:00am. After t a morning exercise, i feel refreshed, awaked and healthy. And that is my little way of taking care of my self.

18. elmaasheley147

elmaasheley147 New Member

Early morning

19. NichoFern

NichoFern New Member

I can appreciate this post because I have a hard time getting up early. I tend to enjoy a mid afternoon work out and always felt guilty for having to get my training in the afternoon as opposed to the early hours of the morning! Now it makes sense why I have better drive getting my work done mid afternoon, THANK YOU!

20. RemAquarius

RemAquarius New Member

Since I am a full time mom, the best time for me to do my exercise is in the morning after I sent my son to school and do my daily chores. My chores are my pre-workout routine and I believe it also help my body warm up before my formal exercise routine.

21. Floris564

Floris564 New Member

My favorite time to exercise is in the evening. I have a lot of strength and energy in the evening, so doing fitness in the evening makes me sleep a lot better!.

22. strawverry

strawverry New Member

The best time for me to exercise is early in the morning, minutes after I wake up. I start up with my stretching and continue on with some full body exercises. This keeps me awake and provides me the energy and strength for the whole day since I am still studying. This is also the time of the day when I have my energy level at my fullest after regaining it from sleep, so why not maximize it.

23. drhadirizviias111

drhadirizviias111 New Member

My favourite time to exercise is early morning. I am myself a medical student. And our body has an intelligent system to regulate our hormones, in medicine Cricardian Rhythm. In morning hormone levels in blood are high and we have lots of energy. Doing exercise in early morning actually make efficient use of these hormones on growth and development of our body.

24. supahcharles

supahcharles New Member

I would say morning, it would literally spike you up to be productive the whole day. The feeling of accomplishment sets you out to be in a better mood to finish more tasks and retain better focus. It would improve your physical and mental ability as a whole. Being able to reap and experience these benefits, I'm definitely recommending working early in the morning.

25. veselinnesterov

veselinnesterov New Member

Basically, if you work for 9 to 17, the answer is really easy - of course after your daily duties. In my experience and if you are able to do so - the best time is somewhere in the hours after 10 am. The reason for me is simple - I have that morning boost, my brain is still fresh after the long night of sleeping plus the fact that it is the first activity you are doing so far during the day. You cannot be more fresh than that. Also your testosterone level is higher in these hours as well.

26. AronDhooge

AronDhooge New Member

I have different favorite times to exercice! First of all, I like to exercice early in the morning, before breakfast. I like doing this because it seems to help losing weight. Also after school or work, it can be nice to go for a quick training session to relief stress.

27. omgitsrenzo

omgitsrenzo New Member

It might sound pretty crazy but I actually enjoy exercising early in the morning. I typically wake up around 5 AM and after a quick bite and a cup of water, I'm out the door for a run! Depending on how Im feeling it'll either be followed by calisthenics, yoga or a weightlifting workouts. I think that by working out first thing in the morning it gives me time to energize myself and prepare for the day ahead. I also enjoy the sense of achievement I feel from having gotten a workout in before the day has even started!

28. Deeyhan

Deeyhan New Member

My favorite time to exercise was early morning around 4 maybe, because i really find it efficient. 4 early in the morning because for me it was the best time to exercise. Consider that I had a schedule to follow so my time will fit for my all day activity.