What is your Lifetime favorite book?

Discussion in 'Books' started by UltimateDoge, Sep 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. UltimateDoge

UltimateDoge New Member

We all have a book we hold dear to our hearts. What's yours?

2. raiwenkai

raiwenkai Member

For me, My favorite encyclopedia.. there is so much to learn in this book. I encourage my kids always read than to play tablet or any kinds of gadget

3. Tonio2017

Tonio2017 New Member

My lifetime favorite book is Bible itself..why?because in here we can communicate to our Almighty and upon reading it..we continously learn to know more about HIM!We'll feel at peace while reading the content of each verse.

4. splendour12

splendour12 New Member

"Fight like a girl" by Clementine Ford

Thought-provoking book that made me dare my own perception of the male-controlled nature of society. A perception derivative from growing up in the 70s and 80s in a white, middle class Melbourne suburb, with two brothers and not any sisters, joining an all-boys school, and playing and watching team sporting. You want to see a courageous, bold, fighter? Overlook Mayweather and McGregor. Check out Clementine.

5. harlina

harlina New Member

"The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown

It made me so hooked and too engaged with reading that I almost forgot time and made me finished it in one seating. The book is that amazing.

6. ramachap

ramachap New Member

The Bible is a lifelong favorite book. This is because all human beings need to walk in front of them.

7. lyrael

lyrael New Member

There are so many books that I love, it's hard to choose.
    If you ask me the same question next year my answer will change... Maybe, but for now my favorite is The Treemakers by Christina L. Rozelle.
    It's a wonderful book with an original world and well built characters.

8. raiwenkai

raiwenkai Member

There are many books i've already read but one book makes me amaze in life is the book of mitchell albom.books entitled "Tuesday's with Morrie".i dont want to go on details but this book is amazing about life expectation and what is reason for existence..just read it..

9. iulishka

iulishka New Member

I have read many books but my favorite one is "Great Expectations" from Dickens, I think it kind of sums up my life so far :)

10. subhan456f

subhan456f Member

Prepare yourself for some frightening news: you have, according to LitHub, only a finite amount of time left in your life to read. The average American, for instance, reads 12 books a year. Assuming that you’re over 25 years old, that would mean that you only have approximately 700 books — max — in your future.

Are you suddenly feeling the tightening coil of mortality? Great. If you’re now wondering where you should start, we’ve got you covered. Here are 100 books to read before you die.

1. 1984 by George Orwell
    Set in 1984, Winston Smith must overcome a frightening enemy: an omniscient government with an agenda. This is the book that became a standard-bearer for dystopian fiction and introduced Big Brother into our everyday vocabulary. Perhaps the mightiest of George Orwell’s works.

2. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
    A young boy and a slave in 19th-century Louisiana must find their way home — with only the Mississippi River for a guide. This slender book by Mark Twain’s is so well-regarded that it’s said by many to be The Great American Novel.

11. Ruelene18

Ruelene18 Member

My lifetime favorite book Bible. Every part of the bible is important, because every part came from God, and every part has something to teach us about our relationship with Him. As the Bible itself says, "ALL Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16, emphasis added).

At the same time, the center or heart of the Bible is Jesus Christ - His life, death and resurection for us.

12. jpvelascooo

jpvelascooo Member

A Song of Ice and Fire series.

Whether you love fantasy, realistic fiction, space operas, historical texts, or anything in between, A Song of Ice and Fire is for anyone who loves a gripping story: no exceptions.

I have yet to finish this series, but the first three have been on-par with any book I’ve read. Unlike, say, works by Rothfuss or Sanderson the magic system is considered “soft-magic”, meaning less detailed, more mystical. Despite that, the story and characters are anything but soft.

This book is deeply engrossing; it’s characters possessing all of the dimensions that so many other books lack.

Before I first read A Game of Thrones, I thought the book would be lackluster in the literary department, but I was delighted at the fact that it had a very intelligent turn-of-phrase, and allowed me to learn words and style as well as an incredibly well-written series. This is the book that revolutionized the fantasy genre, inspiring other grim-and-gritty fantasy series like:

13. sallyjean08

sallyjean08 New Member

For me, my lifetime favorite book is the collection of the Harry Potter books. It always amazed me and my imagination really runs wild whenever i read the books, actually i read the complete series for 3 times and the books 4 and 7 for 5 times already.

14. DiDi20

DiDi20 New Member

To be honest I don't have just one favourite, I've read hard copies of love novels mostly and I find like drama and fanfiction from an app that I still have now from like 7 or 8 years ago.

15. Ayhie

Ayhie Member

I like the Twilight Saga Collection, deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, TWILIGHT, NEW MOON, ECLIPSE and BREAKING DAWN this is the bestselling vampire love story.

16. Iamlucky111

Iamlucky111 Member

The Power of Your Subconscious Mind By Joseph Murphy

17. gabrielfigs

gabrielfigs New Member

My favorite book of all time has to be "Never Let Me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro.
    I read it when I was still a teenager and even though it's a dystopian fiction, it mirror many values that we have in the real world, and how we view people's lives and their place in the world

18. Rijumon007

Rijumon007 Member

Life Without Limits by Nick Vujicic..

It’s incredible that a man born without arms or legs can inspire purpose, hope and a message for how to live a “ridiculously good life” full of true happiness....

19. Sannhill011

Sannhill011 New Member

the last harry potter book!

20. Nims

Nims New Member

Yayati by V.S.Khandekar.

The main story of the book does not progress rapidly but it manages to capture the human mind and its imaginations. In this book personally i think there are no villain or bad character, everyone is right from their own perspective. V.S Khandekar manages to depict complexity of human emotions and what goes inside a tiny brain.

The story is woven with so many delicate threads creating great impact.

21. leogem123

leogem123 New Member

My life time favorite book to read is, "The Brief History of Time" By: Stephen Hawking. Because he made the universe for us :). Nice book it will change your life and understanding in life.

22. Rexway4

Rexway4 Member

I prefer reading the holy bible since I can archieve what I want in the due course,to be sincere its better that you read this holy words of God,if am facing any difficulty I this is my source of protection.
    Its also help me to understand more about life experiences and what the future entails about humanity and the earth,its like a break through to someone who really beleive and have trust in christ and been a true christian.