What makes books special?

Discussion in 'Books' started by Ameyjing29, May 3, 2019.

1. Ameyjing29

Ameyjing29 New Member

I know, each of us have this certain book that is special to us. But, what makes this book special?

1 person likes this.
  2. yograj

yograj Member

A lot of books, I have collected so far. They are important to me due to following reasons:
    1. They give me a pleasant memory of my old days.
    2. Some of them were presented to me by my beloveds. So they are sweet memory of them.
    3. They are helpful in memorizing some old subjects, I like today as well.
    4. They are evidences of certain success I achieved in the past.
    5. They always inspire me to struggle like the old days.

1 person likes this.
  3. Aii101

Aii101 New Member

I am a book lover so how can I say that a book is special? First, it has to be more than just a good content. A character's development throughout the story is a plus, how the author will make the story interesting until the end probably will make me hooked in it. Lastly, how the story makes me feel? How it conveyed the message and learning to it's readers is a superb book.

4. aditya8485

aditya8485 Member

there is an old saying which goes books are the best friend for a human as it cannot leave us. we can gain a lot of knowledge by reading books, we only gain by doing so.

1 person likes this.
  5. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

They preserve great works by talented writers. They may not be online, but they are a good source of information and knowledge. They entertain us and inspire us with great words woven into fantastic tales. They give us a glimpse of the past and a direction to the future. That is why books are great.

1 person likes this.
  6. mayimayi

mayimayi Member

A story must contain a strong elements of story. If a writer fails to give justice to any elements, whether it's a character, setting or conflict, the book will lose its appeal and value.

7. Kiyen96

Kiyen96 Member

It takes me into a totally different world . When an author does this well you are so immersed in this world ,so identified with its manners and mores,that you seem to acquire a different identity. And this frees you (temporarily) from your everyday cares . It’s like sending your troubled soul on vacation.

8. kumarsunil123

kumarsunil123 Member

I am fond of book. I take book and study well and i read special book. I like special book and get study well. I read different types of books but I read special book.

9. Jflower

Jflower New Member

A book becomes special because of its content. That book is taken up frequently to remind us of some values that it contains for our life style and tim. It could suggest some, guidance in decision making, how to treat each other and stories that we can use as a reminder for us in our daily walk. That special book is like no other, and we cherish being the owner, a book that we do not wish to part with, but would prefer to purchase another for someone else. No dust would be entertained on its cover because of the frequency in which we read it. The book brings a feeling of peace and tranquility, that's what makes it special.

10. Rinkukrksth

Rinkukrksth Member

A book makes special events and a lot pleasure events and say about life history of human beings.

11. Pacats23

Pacats23 New Member

A book is special when the author or writter has based it in his or her true to life experience. Therefor a special book depends on the writers' depth knowledge in a topic.

12. Rexcydlp

Rexcydlp New Member

There are many things that make a good book special. I search for the content. Something that makes me learn something. It does not matter the author, or if the content is happy or good, to make it a good book. For me, if it grabs my interest, makes me think, or helps me learn something then it is a good book.

13. StephWhis

StephWhis Member

The characters and the story are typically what makes books special for me. I need characters I can relate to, or that have a strong personality. As well as a plotline that really makes me want to keep reading, and gives me something to wonder about. If one of those isn't solid, then I don't think I'd like the book quite as much.

14. Pepple

Pepple New Member

When a book is realistic, and I can so relate to it that I feel submerged inside the book.

15. olivialawson88

olivialawson88 New Member

There is one book that I can think of in particular that I would read a hundred times if I had the time. This book is so special to me because it truly gives me insight into another part of myself that I had previously been unaware existed. It not only explores the bright and cheerful aspects of life, but the dark and desolate ones as well.
    That is the great thing about any well-written book. It can transport you into another world, into another part of yourself, if only for a few moments. The ability to combine words into sentences and evoke a response from another human being is a true gift and art form.

16. Fatmasong

Fatmasong Member

The story line if a book is the mist important thing ever. Without a plot or a storyline everything else is a waste of time

17. NellSeon

NellSeon New Member

A book is special when it pulls you out of your reality and introduces you to a new world.

18. Ahlcampos21

Ahlcampos21 New Member

It becomes special to me when the book speaks about my life and encourage me when i'm sad, lonely, hopeless.

19. Terrybow

Terrybow New Member

Over the years if you like to read, you will collect a lot of books. Each book you read and re-read has some special meaning for you, either it has a message you like to remind yourself about, or the story is just so everlasting. Self help books can be read hundreds of times and you always seem to find something you missed. Some remind of you days gone by or people you love, moments in time when you did special things. Sometimes a book is special because it was given to you by some one special in your life. A book is never just a book, it is an entry into another realm. It takes you away from your everyday life and transports you to another time, era or even another universe.

20. Keyway

Keyway Member

The book is special, but the readers perception is the true gift. How the reader is taking in the whole process is what shapes our world. From Pre School to elder, it's one of the most impressive times in life ever. What information you decide to read was always the backstory. If we start looking at the effects, we can cure a lot of impediments that people deal with intellectually

21. donald78

donald78 Member

A book is very special because it gives us knowledge and potential living. It carries a lot of importance in education all over the society. They create great things and inspire us in life to overcome our failures. We learn a lot of things in books and they give us also positive values in life.

22. sznyd118

sznyd118 New Member

Books can be special for a variety of reasons. I enjoy books where I can relate to the protagonist but also like a good story or adventure. Books are also special to me because every book contains a truth about the author's life. Thinking about that fact is what makes me a voracious reader.

23. Dijwar

Dijwar Member

I have read alot of books, I am one of those people who have a good desire to reading books, So There are many things that make a good book. I search for the content. Something that makes me learn something. It does not matter the author, or if the content is happy or good, to make it a good book. For me, if it grabs my interest, makes me think, or helps me learn something then it is a good book.

24. alexiawagor

alexiawagor New Member

While this answer is different for all, I think books are special because they allow us to visualize and conceptualize worlds and concepts in our ways. What one person gets out of a book, another may completely miss only to discover something else instead. Books are what we make of them and what we draw from them. They provide access to information, imagination, and discovery.

25. Maeganvf

Maeganvf New Member

A book is the immortalization of one's whole being. One pouring his ideas, beliefs, knowledge into writing is magical. The process of writing itself is not an easy rroad, and to be able to produce a book that can be read, can empower, can influence and can move people is extraordinary. Books give us a dimension where we can be better versions of ourselves.
    Our imagination and creativity are awaken, thus we think and react consciously on everything that happens in our society. A book can build a country, and sometimes it can destroy too. That is how powerful it is.