What makes you happy?

Discussion in 'Television' started by joanbuslon, Mar 5, 2019.

1. joanbuslon

joanbuslon Member

There are several aspects of a person that they can be happy. Like for me, I'm happy already if we could go to the beach. However nowadays due to busy schedules we can only go to the beach once a month or worst not. Food also makes me happy. Especially when I'm really stressed out. I always crave food.

1 person likes this.
  2. Honeyjuicebox

Honeyjuicebox New Member

Knowing that someone loves me makes me happy because I feel so important. I feel like I a have every reasons to live this life to the fullest. I thank God for giving me the chance to live and experience how to love and be loved by someone. Being in a seven long distance relationship I couldn't be thankful enough. I have found the love of my life whose always there to support, protect and love me. Being inlove doesn't always have to be good. Of course there will be trials, difficulties and obstacles that will come in your way but if you will be able to surpass those, the true happiness can be found.

3. Honeyjuicebox

Honeyjuicebox New Member

4. MAKBBM

MAKBBM Member

the good in people

5. Marcosdc

Marcosdc Member

Watching movies and listening to my favorite songs.

6. Len27

Len27 New Member

What makes me happy is waking up near my baby because I'm very lucky and blessed to see her and have her everyday.

7. rhein09

rhein09 New Member

My family, My partner, My friends and Food and I guess even sleep makes me happy! A good and long sleep really makes one happy right? Who wouldn't like it?

8. jlynjanz

jlynjanz Member

what makes me happy is waking up healthy and blessed by simple things like eat my favorite food,take my exercise,to see my cat and live the day with a positive mindset. Happiness is a choice if you choose to make simple things made you happy then that is it.

9. Rooneey

Rooneey Member

My family. They are my life and my strenght. Seeing them happy makes me happy. They mean a lot to me. I maybe not be a perfect daughter for them but for me they are perfect. They have flaws but i love their flaws anyway. I wont never ever leave them. I'll stay whatever it takes even if one day i have my own family. Nothing will change, i will always be there for them. I love them with all my heart. God, mama, papa, bea, janpaul and keven. You mean the world to me.

10. Bcaluag

Bcaluag Member

Food and Music can makes me happy when i'm stress at work and dealing with some issues they help me get through the day but, I can found true happiness with my family and love ones and also for doing the thing that i love.

11. lilshasha

lilshasha New Member

It is already given that our family and friends make us happy. Their presence make us happy because we love and appreciate them. Music, gadgets and foods make us happy. Basically, materials make us happy. For me, I enjoy making comments and surveys. I guess these kind of things make me happy too. I don't know why but I love how I answer some topics and questions. It is challenging to gather ideas and make it in one paragraph form. I also enjoy making contents. Trying to expand and explore my ideas. Actually, my family is one of my inspiration for making comments like this. Happiness is always a choice so choose to be happy in simple things.

12. claraysabel

claraysabel New Member

My dogs make me really happy. They greet me everyday in a very cheerful way. They're always happy to see me.

My dogs have helped me get through the toughest times in my life and for that I'm very grateful.

13. gabrielapostu

gabrielapostu Member

I am trying to reverse engineer my happiness with getting rich

14. RedPhoenix

RedPhoenix New Member

There are a lot of things that make me happy but i guess the top most of those list is providing for my family. Knowing that i can provide for them. I really don't need to be rich to be happy. Sometimes when you have too much money you don't know who really is their for you. But with your family, you know that they will always be there for you. But of course, i can't speak for everyone. As what they say, different stroke for different folks. But i am blessed to have a family like my own. I have a mother who will always be there for me through thick and thin. Children who will always look at me their hero even for some i am the worst villain in the universe. So yes, happiness for me is my family.

15. Allanjohn30

Allanjohn30 Member

The main reason of my happiness in life is God. Imagine how hard is life without Him. In times of trouble, God is always ready to protect us. In times of challenges, God is always ready to help us. I talk to him every time I feel happy or sad, He is there to listen whatever I say and He is ready to answer even it just a yes, a no, or a wait response. He gives lives every time the sun rises and He opens doors for the needy. He is everything for me.

16. eyahserrano

eyahserrano New Member

Seeing my daughter's smile makes me happy. Hearing her laugh makes my sadness disappear. I know some think that having money makes them happy, but for me, just being with your loved ones and spending quality time with them is enough reason to be thankful and to be happy. We may have a different reason but the most important is that even we live in a life full of difficulties, we always find a way and reason to be happy.

17. Nicky71

Nicky71 New Member

The little things in life tend to make me happy. Spending time with my young son, the sound of coffee being ground in a cafe in the mornings (as well as the rich, wake-me-up smell!), emerging from the ocean and feeling the summer sun on my back, drifting to sleep after a satisfying day.

18. What makes me happy is I appreciate those simple things, even it is small or big. I learn how to appreciate it, because they took time to give their efforts just to make you happy, to feel that you are important to them. just be thankful for what we have and don't complain. just do what makes you happy and enjoy life.

19. JaniceA

JaniceA Member

A lot of things make me happy. If my husband and daughter are both healthy and strong it makes me so happy. Because I always make sure that the food I'm preparing for them are all healthy foods that's why it is like an achievement for me if they are both in good health. Having a peaceful life together with my family also makes me happy also. Yes, sometimes we're facing troubles and problems in life but we need to be brave enough to face it and asked for the guidance of the Lord for us to solve our difficulties in life. Happiness is a choice,and I chose to be HAPPY :)

20. aycee21

aycee21 New Member

What makes me happy?
    I think being together as a family makes me happy. I love it when we travel to different places. When the kids are happy I'm also happy.

21. JaniceA

JaniceA Member

A lot of things make me happy. If my husband and daughter are both healthy and strong it makes me so happy. Because I always make sure that the food I'm preparing for them are all healthy foods that's why it is like an achievement for me if they are both in good health. Having a peaceful life together with my family also makes me happy also. Yes, sometimes we're facing troubles and problems in life but we need to be brave enough to face it and asked for the guidance of the Lord for us to solve our difficulties in life. Happiness is a choice,and I chose to be HAPPY :)

22. rvtamayo

rvtamayo Member

Happiness is an expression of joy that we feel inside our heart. It is an emotion that cures a lot of things, And the best way to relieve your self from stress and pressure. There are tons of ways on how to be happy, the one best reason is having to see the beauty of life. To appreciate even the smallest detail that you have accomplished. To be with the people who treasure your company and to see how you touch the lives of other people.

23. Warren1967

Warren1967 Active Member

What makes me happy is seeing my family and friends happy and safe, especially my nephews, nieces and grandniece. Their happiness and safety is what I pray for every night. For myself, I just want to stand on my own two feet and have the time and money for the things that I like doing. I just want to do all that I can do and be all that I can be. That is what makes me happy.

24. Aviecells

Aviecells Member

Happiness is a sense of well being, joy and contentment. We can all be happy by the simple things that we do or see in our everyday life. Some people views happiness as being successful, like for example in their career. They feel that having a successful career can bring them joy and satisfaction and that is one aspect of happiness. But for me, having a simple life, a roof in my head, a healthy family, i can eat three times a day, for me that simple things can satisfy me and makes me happy and thankful. Having a good career or job is just a bonus.

25. Sindi25

Sindi25 Member

What makes me happy is coming home from a long day of work and being able to rest knowing I have no other worries. Then waking up and cooking myself a nice dinner and dancing to some music. Those nice afternoons filled with peace and clarity make me incredibly relaxed and happy.

26. Farahely23

Farahely23 New Member

To be honest, it has never been money, power or fame.

Allow me to relate an incident that got me wondering about what does it mean to be happy.

My ailing grandmum is 94 years old. She suffers from severe Dementia and had not recognized me for several years. She had never initiated any conversation and rarely responded to my questions. And quite understandably so.

I decided to pay her a visit this past weekend. I prayed, as I drove, to somehow let us connect.
    The visit was very discouraging. Nothing ignited a spark or brought a response from her. Now I am wondering whether it was even worth the visit.
    As I was about to leave, I asked her one last question, “Gramma, Are you happy?”
    In a very monotone voice she said, “I haven’t considered that. What does it take to make happy?”

Whoa! Is that an angered response from her? So I said, “OK Gramma, happiness means contentment, Are you content?” After a brief pause, and in a mumbling voice, she smilingly whispered, “Yea, you could say I am content.”

The thing is that we often search for happiness in things dictated by society. We look for happiness in possessions, wealth, prestige, or fun (entertainment, immorality, food, drinking, or drugs). We think we’ll be happy if we can get what we want. Don't we?

My Gramma had a very profound question. What does it take to be happy?
    To me, in that particular moment, being with my Gramma, holding her hands, looking into her eyes and be able to connect with her after such a long time, made me the happiest person. We often forget our elders. We ignore and mistreat them. But we forget that what goes around comes around.

27. Bess14

Bess14 New Member

What makes me happy is my son.

He gives me strength to overcome struggles that I face. He's my stress reliever. He's the love of my love. He's my source of my happiness whenever I feel sad or down. Whenever I see my son, it takes all the pain away and the sadness. Also, treating myself on a food trip makes me happy.

28. lakhdare

lakhdare New Member

whats make me happy ? i think happiness is when you feel that those around you love you :);)

29. willmax

willmax New Member

I would say that the fact am still alive is enough reason to be happy for. God has really been good to me and my family. I do go through some challenges but i realized i had to turn my eyes and emotions from what am going through to what God has done for me, i then realized how faithful he has been providing for me. For me, that's enough reason to be happy. Be thankful.

30. leony13

leony13 Member

Happy people spend time with others and spend the least time alone. We all need support from others, friendships, and meaningful relationships. Happy people don’t judge themselves by what others do or have. They feel comfortable judging themselves by their own measures. No matter what happens, happy people stay optimistic. They look at the glass half full versus half empty. That is the meaning for me a being a happy lifestyle.
    And gratitude is part of being a happy person. Happy people feel it, appreciate small things and people. Life is a gift and so are the good things that happen to them. Be Happy!!!