What makes you real in conversation?

Discussion in 'Magazine Article Writing' started by Sabrina92, Sep 22, 2019.

Tags:
?

How makes youself feel comfortable to be real in conversation?

Poll closed Oct 22, 2019.
  1. Positive

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Negative

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sabrina92

Sabrina92 New Member

Most people report that giving a speech is their greatest fear. And yet the ability to give a speech is one of the most valued business skills today.
    I give these 10 important tips that how I get over my nervousness and develop confidence while speaking others.
    1. I expect to be nervous;
    Even experienced speakers get nervous. To escape from this nervousness I don’t eliminate my jitters. I turn them into energy what I can use to boost my delivery.
    2. I prepare myself before speaking;
    Before speaking I know what I am going to say – and why I want to say it.
    3. I do practice joining some course;
    I often practice to speak to supportive audiences in small forums where less is at stake – at a staff meeting or a PTA meeting. For more practice I joined Toastmasters or took a Dale Carnegie course. I work with a coach to overcome my deficiencies in conversation.
    4. I take breathe before starting conversation;
    In the thirty seconds before I begin speaking, I take three slow, deep breaths through my nose, filling my belly. As I breathe out, I use to say silently to myself, “Relax.”
    5. I rehearse point to point while speaking;
    I stand up and walk around as I practice out loud. I don't memorize my speech or practice it word for word. I talk it through, point by point. I Imagine that I am explaining my main ideas to a friend.
    6. Focus on your audience.
    Stage fright is rooted in self-preoccupation. (“How am I doing?” “Am I making any sense?”). So I stop focusing on myself. I Focus, instead, on my audience. (“How are you?” “Are you getting this?” “Can you hear me?”)
    7. I rather simplify the conversation;
    Most speakers try to do too much in a speech. Then they worry about leaving something out or losing their train of thought. For me, I aim, instead, to communicate one basic idea. I try to keep conversations short and simple.
    8. I Visualize success in speaking;
    I do practice relaxation techniques in the days before my presentation. I lie down or sit comfortably in a quiet place. I breathe slowly. I close my eyes. I imagine my upcoming speaking engagement. I depict myself speaking with confidence.
    9. I make connections with my audience;
    I make the audience my allies. I talk to individuals before my presentation to get to know them. I look them in the eye as I speak to them, one person at a time. When my audience sides with me, my job as a speaker becomes easier.
    10. I do act confidently;
    People won’t see how nervous you are. (They can’t tell if your palms are sweating or your knees are knocking or your heart is pounding.) So I never tell them my nervousness. I smile. I stick my chest out. I behave confidently, even if I don’t feel it.

2. skifimba

skifimba New Member

A lot of people don't talk about themselves. They talk about their common interests. It's kind of like a game. When I meet someone, I keep asking them questions and bringing up new topics to find something we have in common to talk about. Sometimes I have absolutely nothing in common with someone, but I become interested in hearing about something unique they have to share. Or else we talk about things we have read in the news that are funny or worrying. With some people it is a bit tricky though. I can't seem to find the right questions that will engage them and then we just move on to talk to other people. I clearly have a much easier time talking with my close friends and family, because with them there is always a lot to say about how everyone is doing and what successes and challenges we have experienced recently.