What movie made the biggest impact on your life?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by TW2018, Dec 5, 2018 at 8:26 AM.

1. TW2018

TW2018 New Member

Braveheart helped inspire me to learn more about my Scottish background, empowered me to stand up for what is right, and taught me that brains win battles, not brawn.

2. Ric

Ric Member

Cruel Intentions. I wouldn't say it is an Oscar winner, but I related to the movie so much that I watched it a few times. The funny thing is at some point in life I played each character. Love is deep and can happen fast. After it happens like that and you get hurt you learn a lesson that doesn't pull you away from love but causes you to embrace self love first knowing that when the time is right it will happen fast again, but you will slow it down and enjoy it for the long run next time.

3. kreyyoung

kreyyoung New Member

More than anything, Shawshank Redemption, was something very close to my heart. It made me believe in the power of inner strength more than anything else. I could identify with Andy's character, no, I was not a prisoner or something, but I had been through some utterly low phases in life. I had my own painful experiences in life, personally and professionally too. Yet during the tough times it was my own inner strength that helped me get over it. The movie showed me the value of courage under fire, never losing hope even in the worst scenarios.

It was a movie that taught me the value of making the best of what you have, instead of brooding over what you do not have. Andy only had a chisel and hammer, yet instead of brooding over the lack of tools, he choose to chip away, daily, inch by inch, patiently, till he finally managed to find his route to escape. You could snigger at the sheer implausibility of all, but that was not the point. It was to show how determination, and hope, can make you realize your dream, your ambition. For Andy, his quest for freedom was enough to make him overcome any hurdle.

4. tenwoe12

tenwoe12 New Member

Harry Potter, who made out childhood so beautiful and full of involvement with the world of magic and fascinating arts. It made me believe that even though you are alone with weak external support, you can emerge as wonders as long as you are strong and beautiful inside.

5. mratertajr122

mratertajr122 New Member

Brother Bear. A Disney animation films that talks about brotherhood. What can I say? I don't have any brother that's is why I'm seeking for a brotherly love. Kidding aside, it touches my heart that I thought to myself that I will take good care of my loved ones before their gone.