What Music that make you Cry?

Discussion in 'Music' started by edcel, Jan 9, 2019.

1. edcel

edcel Member

In And Out of Love

2. VanessaIsabelle

VanessaIsabelle New Member

The music that made me cry up to now was a piano collection by Yiruma, a South Korean pianist. I did not know until my father was in his final moment. Father had a stage four cancer for seven years. During the seventh year and in his last two months, he was already in a very bad condition. Since nothing can be done, we transferred him from the hospital back to our home.

He was still given medical attention since mother is a physician and I am in the medical field as well. He had IV line, morphine line, NGT, nasal cannula for oxygen and a catheter for urine. Father was in constant pain. My mother was not ready to see him depart, father too was afraid of dying.

We have to sedate him constantly for he wont sleep. I tried playing his favorite songs, even those songs he loved listening back when he was still young. But those songs would not calm him. In his condition, father cannot remember. Maybe it was his escape to reality.

I had search instrumental music since he loved listening to piano. And alas! There is one which pacifies him in the morning. It is the piano collection of Yiruma. I found the collection sad, full of emotion. Maybe this is what made father relate to the song. After he died, I never listened to that music because I always feel that my heart is broken, remembering the hardships of my father with his cancer.

1 person likes this.
  3. JMLANTING

JMLANTING New Member

fade into you

This song was a hit in the 90s, and I remember liking it on the radio, but I never knew the name of it until almost two decades later, when youtube suggested it to me. It’s just one line from the song that always gets to me:
    “I think it’s strange you never knew.”
    It gets to me because of something that happened in late 2000. In 1996, a new girl transferred into my high school mid-term, and they put her in the newspaper class, where there were just seven other students (including me). This girl was gorgeous and friendly, which was a rare combination in my school. She actually talked to me without me talking to her first. She had a deep vibe about her, like there was something she wasn’t telling everyone. The fact that she switched schools in the middle of her junior year added to the mystery about her.

4. elai19

elai19 New Member

The music that made me cry was Born for You. Because my partner of almost Sever years left me. And that song was our theme song, so i do not want to listen to that song anymore. It gives me a lot of pain and remembering my ex partner.

5. imjlord

imjlord New Member

I'm a music person, I mean I can't live without it. And I'm pretty sure I've memorized all the songs I have in my phone. Music is magical, there is something with it that can purify and cleanse your mind and your soul. Whenever I feel alone or sad, I just open my phone and play the music. Music gives excitement and energy to my usual everyday events. And music is the only way to help me in my bad and good day.

If there is a song that really made me cry that, I try to avoid listening to this song, unless I get nostalgic, like writing this answer right now. That is a Christian song entitled "Oceans". I don't know there is something to this song that I can't explain, and whenever I listen to it, my eyes starts to cry. Especially this part,

"Your grace abounds in deepest waters

Your sovereign hand

Will be my guide

Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me

You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name

And keep my eyes above the waves

When oceans rise, my soul will rest in Your embrace

For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders

Let me walk upon the waters

Wherever You would call me

Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander".

Maybe the fact that the people I love always leave me, but I'm thankful because God is always there for me.

6. fermar15

fermar15 New Member

There is a certain song that makes me cry in a certain moment because songs are build from a story of a moment I would say. There is that makes me cry when there is a great things happen. example is the song hall of fame by the band the script. There is also a song that makes me cry when a moment is for thanking somebody, it is the song thanks to you by Tyler Collins. There is also a song that really makes me cry when a moment is for breaking heart and it is entitled where do broken hearts go by Whitney Houston. All of the songs are great and I'm very thankful that I enjoying them even they make me cry.

7. imjlord

imjlord New Member

The first music that really made me cry is the theme song of Titanic.

8. reacobe

reacobe New Member

Still by Hillsong because it's the last song I sang for my mother before she pass away.

9. Remziel

Remziel Member

"Thinking of you"
    This songs really hit me and makes me cry every time I heard it.

Comparisons are easily done
    Once you've had a taste of perfection
    Like an apple hanging from a tree
    I picked the ripest one
    I still got the seed

You said move on
    Where do I go
    I guess second best
    Is all I will know

Cause when I'm with him
    I am thinking of you
    Thinking of you
    What you would do if
    You were the one
    Who was spending the night
    Oh I wish that I
    Was looking into your eyes.

You're like an Indian summer
    In the middle of a winter
    Like a hard candy
    With a surprise center
    How do I get better
    Once I've had the best
    You said there's
    Tons of fish in the water
    So the water's I will test

He kissed my lips
    I taste your mouth
    He pulled me in
    I was disgusted with myself

Cause when I'm with him
    I am thinking of you
    Thinking of you
    What you would do if
    You were the one
    Oh I wish that I
    Was looking into

You're the best
    And yes I do regret
    How I could let myself
    Let you go
    Now the lesson's learned
    I touched it I was burned
    Oh I think you should know

Cause when I'm with him
    I am thinking of you
    Thinking of you
    What you would do if
    You were the one
    Oh I wish that I
    Was looking into your eyes
    Looking into your eyes
    Looking into your eyes
    Oh won't you walk through
    And bust in the door
    And take me away
    Oh no more mistakes
    Cause in your eyes I'd like to stay.

10. amaeganda

amaeganda New Member

The song that made my cry was "Happier" by Ed Sheeran.
    I love all his songs but this one is really heartbreaking.

Because I can relate to the lyrics, especially in the chorus:

"'Cause baby you look happier, you do
    My friends told me one day I'll feel it too
    And until then I'll smile to hide the truth
    But I know I was happier with you

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you
    But ain't nobody need you like I do
    I know that there's others that deserve you
    But my darling, I am still in love with you".

Every time I hear this song I always think of him..
    Because he really looks happier without me.. I am so sad and I can't do anything. I still love him and I'm still hoping that one day he'll miss me and he'll come back...

11. memalist01

memalist01 New Member

Growing old with you. Man this song reminds me of my parents getting old, and someday I will never see them again. Wishing I was a better son and could give them a better things, for all the sacrifices that they have to endure to give me a better chance in life. Just thinking what kind of gesture would relay how thankful I am for their efforts and how much I love them.

12. Impalals01

Impalals01 New Member

Anytime I hear a song that I can relate to I want to cry. Sam Smith is really a great example of someone who makes me cry. His song 'Too Good At Goodbye's' literally had me in tears after the first line. Also Adele is another artist that can make me cry because she really speaks from the heart!

13. jen21

jen21 New Member

I have only two songs that made me cry. First is "Some good things never last" by Barbara Streisand. From the beginning of the song up to the last lyrics, it made me cry so bad. I just remember the good things when I had my only baby boy with me for almost six months and then he was gone. I cannot control the emotion and tears from my eyes every time I hear the song. I know this is a very nice song and I love the artist as well. Second is "A warrior is a child", a song for myself. Very inspirational song and I can relate so much. These are songs that really made me cry inside and out.

14. Angieya

Angieya New Member

I remember when my grandfather passed away. There’s this song played in his burial which after then I used to cry when I’ve got to listen to it. It could be the lyrics and at the same time the memory I had with him which impacts me. I miss him a lot.

15. BudDudeman

BudDudeman New Member

The last one that made me tear up was "Flatline" by Periphery. It's about bullying I think, but the parts that really got me were the descriptions of the ensuing depression. They really hit the nail on the head:
    "Love feels far away,
    The lack of motivation keeps the soul from bettering its own life
    Now reach the next level with a bottle and a blade,
    Retreating in his own way
    Suffocation
    And the fear of living setting in
    So let go
    Let go before he lets go
    Patience is wearing thin and leaving him
    So let go
    Let go before he lets go of his life"

16. gailceleryo

gailceleryo New Member

One song that really makes me cry everytime I hear it is the song “You are my Sunshine”. Even if the song is a feel good music, it reminds me of my favorite dog who passed away and went to the doggy heaven already. It is so sad most especially to the part “...you make me happy when skies are gray”. Because my dog is really such my happy pill. She would follow me wherever I go, we connected in a certain kind of why and she would always make me feel relaxed everytime I’m down at work. And I wish I could’ve spent more time with her. but I know she is in a lot of pain so eventhough my sunshine was taken away from me, I know that she is in no more pain now. She’s happy and she will always be my sunshine, my only sunshine.

17. kers

kers New Member

I don't normally cry but there are certain songs that just make all the tears fall from my eyes. The song that made me cry recently is "Falling Slowly" by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova. It was in the official soundtrack of the movie, "Once". Everything about this song makes me feel so emotional. The lyrics, the tempo, etc. I totally recommend you listen to this music.

18. angeloctia

angeloctia New Member

The music that make me cry is "I won't let go" by Rascal Flatts. It melts the meaning of song in my heart especially when it say "Don't be afraid to fall, I'm not here to catch you I won't let you down".

19. arz

arz New Member

Song that made me cry was “STILL” by Hillsongs!