What of the two can help us, textbooks or Ebooks?

Discussion in 'Books' started by map8813, Mar 16, 2019.

1. map8813

map8813 Member

What of the two can help us a lot, textbooks or Ebooks?
    [​IMG]

2. Geofrey93

Geofrey93 Member

Ebooks are More Portable Than Print Books. Print books especially hardbound editions, can be very heavy, while most modern eReader devices are designed to be lightweight. ... If you finish the book you are reading while traveling, it is much easier to obtain a new eBook than to find somewhere to purchase new books.

3. lzr9211

lzr9211 New Member

Ebook is convenient to bring anywhere, and you could read it at any time and anywhere. If I buy a print book, I need to find a place to save it, and if the number of books is too large, it would cover a huge room in my living place. But ebooks could be saved into my laptop and my mobile phone, and it would save me a lot of room. It is important that I can share this book with my friend easier for the ebook, and I do not need to meet my friend to give him this book. So I prefer to use ebook.

4. snesz08

snesz08 Member

Ebooks for me. It is easy to access and convenient. it will not costs you money. just use your phone to read and it is easy to use. while textbook is heavy and space consuming. it is my opinion only.

5. sherrie021

sherrie021 New Member

For me, ebook is convenient to use because you can read anywhere you want as long as you have your cellphone or laptop with you. Second, some ebook are free and it will not cost money. Textbooks, on the other hand are heavy and can consume my house space but I can't deny the fact that I like the smell of textbooks and it's comfortable for me to read on textbooks because the text on the book are larger than ebooks plus the reason that I can avoid radiation by using device such as computers and cellphone.

6. Allanjohn30

Allanjohn30 Member

Textbooks and Ebooks are both helpful in learning, but they both have advantages and disadvantages. The good things about textbooks are the following; it is more formal than ebooks, it is standard and prescribed for the study of subjects, you can really focus on what you are reading, and you can keep it for the next generation without considering power sources (gadgets). On the other hand, an ebook has its own advantages as well; it is more portable compared to textbooks where you can use it anytime, you can easily share it to others through electronic devices, and you can have a wide range of content resources.

We can really say that they are both useful, but sometimes it is still depending on how you use them. Like for example, if you are using ebooks for your study, you are really focus in getting every details, then suddenly someone calls you or chats you, or your device got shutdown, or any circumstance that will distract you in hitting your objectives in the given period of time. Considering that scenario, you will really choose to have a textbook. But interms of portability, ebook is the best choice.

7. Bujabs

Bujabs New Member

Ebooks are the books of the future, times when libraries and book cabinets were the banks of knowledge are long gone. We are running out of real estate in terms of storage space for print books whereas the space on the internet is infinite.

8. spiderplant

spiderplant New Member

I find it a lot easier to learn from print books than ebooks. It's easy for me to mindlessly scroll and not really pay attention to what I'm reading on a screen, whereas when I read a print book, the physicality of turning the pages makes it easier for me to retain the information. Ebooks do have their advantages, but I think for me and a lot of people, print is still necessary.

9. marcbarredo13

marcbarredo13 Member

Ebooks are printed books that can be read on computer or any device and it is much convenient rather than going to the bookstore or library to read books. But both of them are still books and what matters is the contents or the message of the book that the author is trying to reach out to readers. But I recommend to read ebooks on the earlier time of the day because reading ebooks at night will make you fall asleep harder so I suggest to read real books over ebooks at night to avoid the blue light that the devices emit that will disrupt your circadian rhythm.