What phone do YOU have?

Discussion in 'Cell Phones & Tablets' started by ElaineWeston, Mar 21, 2013.

1. gchrome

gchrome New Member

I had a Nokia Lumia 920 for a few months this year before it was destroyed in an unfortunate spring break accident. Luckily, I was able to go back to my spare LG Quantum I had lying around. Although it is a downgrade I actually do enjoy using the QWERTY tactile keyboard as opposed to a purely onscreen keyboard. The weight is a tad large but it makes it feel quite sturdy.

2. Locombiano

Locombiano New Member

I have a nifty white BlackBerry that I use overseas. I also have a cheap Tracfone for local use. It's prepaid and doesn't come with a plan. I prefer it so I'm not financially obligated to any contract.

3. ummibee

ummibee New Member

I had an iphone4 up until three weeks ago when it died on me. It was my first and only smartphone so I didn't have anything to compare it to but I was completely in love with it for the whole 3 years I owned it. Somehow it got corroded inside despite the fact that I had a lifeproof case on it! Maybe that had something to do with the fact that my 1-yr-old chewed on the rubber and tore it lol! Anyway, I got the iphone5 and I love it just as much. Siri is by far my favorite feature. As a matter of fact, everything else is pretty much the same for me. I'm sure the 5 has some other features the 4 didn't but for the things I use it for, it seems pretty much the same except for Siri and the new map feature. Overall though I think it's a great phone and I'm very pleased.

4. saif-4467

saif-4467 New Member

I have the Blackberry Bold 9700 and I really like using it. It's not a touch screen phone or a very up-dated phone but it sure is helpful. The email system for people who use email on a daily basis is very good and easy to use. The keyboard on the blackberry bold 9700 is very good and very easy to type with....I'm currently waiting for the blackberry Q10 to come out and get my hands on it.

5. Andrew Butler

Andrew Butler New Member

I have a iphone but already came to realize that android is a better option. Though android will never be in apple's league until they get the simple things down.

6. glitteringfuzz

glitteringfuzz New Member

I have an Android Samsung Galaxy S II. I absolutely love it. My phone is fully tricked out and customized and I experience absolutely no lagging. As far as plastic feeling cheap, I get where the original poster is coming from but unlike the iPhones, my plastic back allows me to access a memory card and battery, which is a must-have for me.

At the end of the day, an iPhone and an Android are apples and oranges. :)

7. stuckinsales

stuckinsales New Member

currently using a Samsung GT-S6500 with a very busted screen this is only for a couple more months until the contract finishes then it iphone FTW

8. rocketguy

rocketguy New Member

I personally have a Samsung Ch@t 335 as my main phone; good battery life, really nice full keyboard, perfect for all my texting needs, and a lot of useful apps ... here's a link with some specs (french version, this is where I bought the phone):
    http://www.samsung.com/fr/consumer/mobile-phones/mobiles/messaging/GT-S3350CDAXEF-features
    also worth noticing that I think it's the cheapest acceptable full-keyboard phone, being sold at around 100 euros in Europe.

Have a good one, guys! ^^

9. SS42A

SS42A New Member

I currently own a Nokia cellphone which I use regularly, and right now I have an iPhone as well. I haven't gotten used to the iPhone yet, as my mother left it for me. I always leave my iPhone at home since I have my regular cellphone as well.

10. MrGoosoodude

MrGoosoodude New Member

Personally, I don't have what you call a "Cell Phone." But, however, I do have an iPod touch that can call and text people when connected to Wifi. But, as most people would think, this is a disadvantage to most iPhones. If I wanted to, I could pay for a data connection from someone like Sprint or Verizon, hook it up to a Mifi device, and have a phone wherever there is service. In my area, there is very spotty coverage for most networks. I would experience what it is like to have a cell phone... no service.

IslandBeauty35 likes this.
  11. nlrivn

nlrivn New Member

I currently have an Iphone 4s. I love the phone everything works great the app market is fantastic. I have own android in the past and I always had problem with it. I have heard good things about the Samsung Galaxy so whenever I decide it is time to upgrade my phone I am going to look into one of those. One of the things that annoy the heck out of me on the Iphones and Apple products in general is Itunes. For the most part you have to use Itunes if you want to upload anything to your Iphone, and every time I try to upload one song or podcast on it, it usually erases every other song currently on the phones hard drive. So every-time I want to update my music selection on my phone I ave to upload my entire library.

12. LightX

LightX New Member

I have the HTC Evo 4G
    Its a very crappy smartphone, and I am on sprint (that is the worst network out here where I live)
    I also have a VERY cracked screen. It makes it hard to read texts sometimes. I would buy a new phone if I had the money, but unfortunately, I don't. :/

13. YashD135

YashD135 New Member

I have a jailbroken iPhone 4S, it is amazing! This phone has never failed me and I suggest it to anyone who is tech savvy or wants access to the world at anytime. The camera is amazing and the software is second to none!

14. lilpoppy1

lilpoppy1 New Member

I have a 4G touch with a querty keyboard. I bought it because my fingers are just too big to text with a touch screen. My phone is touch screen text capable so I can use it that way if I prefer, but I don't. I am older (Baby Boomer) so I am not used to texting very much. My old phone had three letters to each key and it drove me nuts to try and locate the letter I needed to use. I also wear reading glasses so I had to put them on just to find the letter and with my slide out keyboard I don't.

15. shindereki012

shindereki012 New Member

I have a samsung wave 3 , this phone is bada os 2.0, I like the camera of this smartphone is clear and high quality the camera pixel of wave 3 is 5 megapixel when it comes to video camera is 720p@30fps, in 5 minutes of recording the memory cost is almost 700mb.

16. acnas

acnas New Member

Now I have a Samsung Galaxy S1, soon going to buy me an iPhone or Galaxy S3, I'm still undecided.

17. ConfabIt

ConfabIt New Member

I have an iPhone 4s, which replaced my Samsung Galaxy Ace. The Ace was a bit slow for what I wanted it for, so I got my first contract phone and I've been happy ever since. I mostly based my purchasing decisions on reviews and brand familiarity.

18. missgyd1

missgyd1 New Member

I have an android phone.....can't afford an iPhone right now. It is a Galaxy Prevail, and at this point I am pretty content with it. This phone is definitely an upgrade from the government phone, so I am definitely satisfied with my droid.

19. sking61

sking61 New Member

I have an iPhone 3G. It is a refurbished phone and it works very well. I like the apps that I can download on to my phone. They are very convenient to use as well.

20. blackmax

blackmax New Member

iphone 4

21. Diane102290

Diane102290 New Member

I'm a little embarrased to say but I have the g1. No they didn't come out with another I have the old g1 lol. After i started getting into the tablets I figured there was no reason for me to keep up with the latest phones that were comeing out so instead of upgrading my phone I kept it simple with a g1 and enjoyed my ipad.

22. Akrasiel

Akrasiel New Member

I have Karbonn A9+ Rebranded. Its quite good specs [DualCore 1.2ghz and 512ram] but when playing HD Games like NBA2k13 and Asphalt7. but my problem is the battery, the battery of my phone is only 1500 mAh. but there's many tech's here in our country they modified S3 Battery on our phones.

23. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh New Member

HTC Evo 4G LTE.

Mouthful of phone.

24. Den

Den New Member

I have the iphone 5. Got it recently. Love the new iphone even though the battery dies quickly. I normally leave my phone charging on all night and I carry around a wireless charger throughout the day, so other then the battery problem I love everything else about the iphone 5.

25. Prudence

Prudence New Member

I purchased a white iPhone 5 last October, upgrading from an iPhone 4. Obviously I'm an Apple girl. I enjoy the ease of use and how it synchronizes perfectly with my iPad, iPod and MacBook. iCal is literally a life saver for me as I rely on it heavily. I'm sure other devices perform similarly but I just love owning devices whose hardware and software is designed by the same company. Not to mention when I have a problem I have the access to an actual Apple Store to fix whatever issues my device is having. When I owned other smartphones I had to wait until they shipped out a replacement device and then send in the malfunctioning device, I'm sorry but that's just way too time consuming when I can easily make an appointment for a device to be fixed the next day or even the same day.

26. IslandBeauty35

IslandBeauty35 New Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II GT - N7100 - 16Gb - Marble White Factory Unlocked GMS Phone. My phone is an international version and it operates on the 3G network. This Android phone runs on 4.1 jelly bean operating system. I really enjoy this phone because it's both a phone and tablet in one. The 5.5-inch screen is terrific for videos, games, and reading; and its improved stylus aids productivity. This smartphone is powered by a 1.6 GHz quad-core processor with 2 GB of RAM, a great camera, and strong battery capacity of 3100 mAh. The best thing I love about this phone you can use any sim card carriers.

Attached Files:

27. cadbury2012

cadbury2012 New Member

I have a Blackberry, it is pretty useless compared to the new smartphones but it has everything I need, I also got one due to their 'BIS' and their 'BBM network'. A lot of my friends had one so it influenced my decision a lot.

28. sinailori101

sinailori101 New Member

I use a Blackberry 9700 and I started using it a few years ago, haven't really felt the need for a change until this year. One of such reason is the current technology I see in other people phones, another reason is the Samsung S series. These phones are becoming so popular and are taken over the African market, more so, I have a friend that works with Samsung.

For me, no matter how much rating the Samsung gets I would still have that prejudice towards its simple look and feel, including its much appraised Android platform and availability of so many free applications through Google Apps.

I see myself changing my phone in the coming months, I would still get a Blackberry first before deciding what other phone will be my substitute phone, but for one reason I know I want the iPhone 4s badly.

29. kringe

kringe New Member

I am always a sucker for Apple. I own an iPhone 4S 32GB. It is a fast reliable smartphone, with great apps to fiddle around with. I would not change it for any other phone, to me it is the epitome of perfection!

30. bcote212

bcote212 New Member

I have the Samsung Galaxy S2. I didnt plan on having to purchase it, but I am so glad that I did. I know that Samsung is coming out with the S4 soon, but because it was an unplanned purchase I bought it on Boost Mobile which give me unlimited talk time, text, internet and 4g for $55 a month. Its an awesome phone!