What regimen helped you get rid of acne?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by CathyPack, Nov 20, 2015.

1. I have experienced this acne breakout when i was in highschool .. it almost looked like i got scabies on my face. Haha no joke . No space for new pimple. I have tried every soap, every treatment yet it got worst . Then a tip from a friend rescued me.
    Wash with warm water to open uo the pores , then used mild soap(unscented baby soap) then rinse with cold water. And it worked. In just a week . Almost everything is gone. No acne scars . No pimple mark.

2. bacomojoey

bacomojoey New Member

for me the best remedy to get rid of acne which i highly recommend herbal medicine and you cannot spend too much money for this. it is guava leaves, the young guava leaves boiled with water it depends on your needs then after boil wait to become warm before you apply to your face, wait for two to three minutes before you wash with clean water . note don't use any soup for your face just only clean water. try it for 5 consecutive days. if it works then continue the process.. you notice that your acne will be dry little by little until it disappear. it goods remedy for our young ones or teenagers or even adult.

3. SpicyShrimp08

SpicyShrimp08 New Member

Most people say that proper hygiene is the key to get rid of acne. But it's not the only solution. One best way is also proper diet. Don't consume too much dairy products because it's one of the main cause of acne/pimple breakout. I suggest using a not too strong facial cleanser because it irritates the skin which causes more acne. I use 'Eskinol' and I can say ot does really work. I apply it every night and every morning after washing my face.

4. Samantha Holloway

Samantha Holloway New Member

The easiest way to get rid of acne is understanding why it's there it begin with. Is it genetic? Is it hormonal? Knowing why pimples are popping up will better help you determine a beauty regimen. However, I think we all know it is vital to stay clean. Wash your pillowcases once a week. Germs and oil collect there easily. Also, if you wear make-up, make sure to wash your make-up brushs regularly. Germs and oil also love hide in the bristles. Stick to a simple skincare regime for now. Wash your face twice a day, and do not be afraid to moisturize! Keeping your face moisturized is very important. I also recommend to use tea tree oil. It is very reliable when getting rid of acne!

5. Girlie Rose Cena

Girlie Rose Cena New Member

One of the main reasons why we have acne is the dirt. Way back in grade school ,I had this acne. I was just 12 years old that time and I really don't know where I got those pimples. I can not say that it was just part of puberty since my classmates didn't have it. So my Mom and I came to a dermatologist and consulted. The dermatologist said that it was because of the dirt that is clogging my pores. I was not surprised to hear that because sometimes, I get too much sleepy that I'm falling asleep in our school desks. Which is not hygienic because it was made from wood and it was dirty. Aside from that, I was not always washing my face even when going to bed. So for me, the only regimen that helped me get rid of acne is washing the face. Always.

6. Regimen? hmm for me natural ingredients or Korean products could help your problem Korean beauty is amazing most of them has clear , smooth and baby skin do you think what is the reason behind that baby skin the answer is their natural beauty products . I'm using product made in Korea and it helps my oily skin to avoid a lot of acne. On my father side they have a lot of acne back then and my mother side too and now I'm so happy that i prevent it not to be acne prone like them .

7. Laurene

Laurene New Member

I also have a acne prone skin, it start when I was twelve and I don't get rid of it until now. But I have a skin care routine that I learned from watching YouTube videos that helps me a lot to control my acne.
    At night I wash my face with Allure Whitening Soap, it helps to control the secretion of oil in my face. After washing my face I applied maxipeel exfoliant solution, it helps to exfoliate my skin and remove the dead skin cells from my face. After I applied maxipeel exfoliating solution, I use ponds white beauty detox spot less white cream to lighten my dark spots.
    Then every morning after I washed my face still with Allure Whitening Soap, I applied maxipeel sun protection cream with SPF 20 to protect my face in the harmful effect of the sun. I doing this skin care routine for almost three months and now I can say that it is effective.

8. heather_nic

heather_nic New Member

I do believe that clear skin can only truly be accomplished by changing your diet. Eliminating processed, chemical-based "food" can have a major impact on the condition of our skin. That being said, I do have a skin care regimen that I swear by. In the morning I use a cotton ball to apply a mixture of apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil and water. This a great toner. After that I apply a very light layer of coconut oil that has essential oils of lavender, frankincense and rose geranium mixed in. These oils are amazing for skin! In the evening, after washing my face (just a wet washcloth, no soap!), I apply the same coconut oil mixture, just a little bit heavier than I did in the morning. Don't worry about putting coconut oil on your face, it does not clog your pores and is very good for your skin!

9. Natacia Conner

Natacia Conner New Member

I use two simple natural ingredients to clear my acne. Tea Tree Oil and Coconut Oil. How does oil fight acne? Yes, most oils clog your pores however tea tree oil and coconut oil actually fight bacteria in your skin. You are more than welcome to do your own research. A friend of mine went 100% natural and we always make natural products for fun. I have also made an exfoliating scrub with salt as well.

10. josborne1981

josborne1981 New Member

The cause of acne is hyperactivity of the sweat glands on the surface of the skin. Sweat glands secrete more when they perceive the skin to be dry. Your skin naturally possesses a "moisture barrier" which protects your skin from things that irritate it. Ironically, washing your face with soap (harsh soaps), dries your face out even more.

What I recommend as far as natural remedies is to drink a great deal of water, and invest in a very mild facial soap. Do not wash your face more than once a day, and try to avoid makeup that may clog your pores. Apply moisturizer to your face twice a day, and always after bathing.

If your face still breaks out and you're doing everything right, I'd go see a doctor or a dermatologist. You likely need medicine to help with bacteria or hormones.

11. tylerirving

tylerirving New Member

I've tried a little bit of everything and have come to the conclusion that I'll always have a bit of adult acne. My best results come from taking a shower immediately after exercise. I typically spend my workout time running on mountains, which doesn't leave me near a shower right when I'm done. I've started using "body wash wipes" when I'm done, and then showering as soon as I get home.

12. DECYEASY

DECYEASY New Member

I started having acne at the age of 14 and now that Im an adult I still experience breakouts every now and then especially during my period. As a teenager, I dont mind having those zits in my face since I thought its normal for girls at my age to experience it. However, as I reach adolescence period I started to be conscious. I tried every home remedies my mom, aunties or friends recommend but it doesn't work. I came to a point where I felt helpless so I gave my skin a break from all those remedies and just accept and live with it.

But then my sister bought this Olay gentle foam cleanser for me. I used it as part of my morning and evening skin care routine and I observed how it dried up my acne. Im still using it until now and it really works to my skin. Just recently I ordered this Neutrogena On-the-spot Acne Treatment. What's amazing about this product is that it dries up pimples fast so I needed to apply moisturizer after applying the treatment.

Aside from this remedies drinking lots of water is very important to keep our skin hydrated. Always apply moisturizer and sunblock everytime our face is exposed to sunlight. It's also important to wash our face before bedtime to get rid of dirts and make up (if you're using one) which can clog our pores.

Avoid using strong acne treatment cream or toner especially if your akin is sensitive because it might burn your skin and we definitely don't want that to happen.

13. Xalfred11

Xalfred11 New Member

For me i believe that using baking soda can help reduced or get rid of acne.. just put a small amount of baking soda into your palm with a small amount of water & massage it to your face in 3-5 minutes & then rinse with water afterwards.

14. Bojack Horseman

Bojack Horseman New Member

Easiest thing to do is just washing your pillow cases once a week. So much dead skin and oils build up on them that when you sleep you smear it back all over your face.

15. fattymadz

fattymadz New Member

I just found out this cream which is a best seller name GOREE whitening cream. It really works with those dark spot that you've been hiding and really works on those who have acne.

16. Chrizelda Medina

Chrizelda Medina New Member

I only have acne before or during my period and I use lemon and honey to get rid of it. Just apply on your face and wash with your soap. Do it every morning and before going to sleep. Use warm water. Avoid eating oily food if you have an oily face too. Sometimes they that going to sleep at night is one of the reason why we have acne but I think that's only a belief system. Try natural remedies to get rid of acne. Do not use so much chemical because it can cause irritation.

17. sosmetalow

sosmetalow New Member

When I started in high school until the first year of college, I always have an acne. I already used a lot of soap and ointment but they still appear. But my mom recommended me some soap that she heard from her friend. She encourages me to try it out just to see if it is effective for me and so I check it out. Fortunately, after a month of using it, the acne started to disappear and the black marks on my forehead also fade away. Since that day, I've been using it until now. I have been using it for like 5 years already and I can attest to effectiveness.

18. Balatszki_07

Balatszki_07 Member

Get ready for your prettiest, most confident year yet. Kick your skincare routine into high gear with these blemish-busting and pimple-preventing tips to get flawless skin by the time you head back to school.

1. Always wash your face before bed. Not washing away the day's grime? You're asking for a breakout. Stash cleansing wipes on your nightstand for nights when you're too tired to move.

19. Balatszki_07

Balatszki_07 Member

2. Don't skimp on sudsing. Wash your face for 30 to 45 seconds with a dime-size amount of cleanser. That's how long it takes to clear dirt and oil off your face.

3. Wash off ALL your cleanser.Leftover cleanser equals leftover dirt and oil. Rinse with tepid water until skin feels clean and smooth and no longer slippery or soapy. Hot water dries out your skin, and cold water won't open up your pores.

4. Be gentle. Scrubbing too hard leaves skin rough and red. Don't fight with your face. Skip harsh scrubs and even washcloths, which can be too rough on your face and can cause irritation. Use your hands instead. Be sure they're clean, or you'll transfer acne-causing dirt and oil right back!

5. Suds up your cleanser in your hands first. It helps activate the ingredients, so they are more effective when applied to your face.

6. Don't skip your morning wash.Hairstyling products get absorbed by your pillowcase then transfer to your skin — if it's not cleared away in the A.M., it'll clog your pores!

7. Try a cleansing brush. Sometimes even after you wash, there's makeup left on your skin, and that buildup leads to breakouts. Using an exfoliating brush with your basic cleanser loosens and removes the leftover makeup that has seeped inside your pores! The brush can get deeper into your skin than just your soaped-up fingers.

8. Don't overwash. If your skin still feels oily, instead of washing again (which can make your skin produce even more oil!), try an astringent after cleansing.

9. Exfoliate. The trick is to remove the layers of dead skin cells and dirt that are blocking your pores — and your skin's natural glow. Products with alpha hydroxy and lactic acids exfoliate gently to make you look radiant.

20. April15

April15 New Member

I would say acne is my worst enemy especially when my menstruation is near. I would know I'm about to have my monthly period if pimples are starting to show on my nose, around my mouth and chin area. What I usually do is I start drinking more water than I usually drink around 12-15 cups of water. I also change my facial wash from a mild one to a slightly stronger one with salicylic acid then moisturize. I make sure I wash my face 3 times a day. I would not recommend washing your face more than 3 times a day as that will make your skin super dry. And don't ever pop the pimple or touch and pinch your pimple. I tried this before and it left a scar on my face.

21. Frederickon21

Frederickon21 New Member

The best way to deal with pimples is to do nothing. Pimples are like scars or irritation that do not need to be bother. This area of skin is sensitive enough and if it is being scratched more, the pimples would affected. Thus, due to the effect, these pimples would scream out like and pop out.

Just by not taking too much caution of it could help you look forward into. Mostly it appears during our teenage youth and can get lessen when we become adult.

So get a mild soap, wash it, pat with clean dry towel and apply nothing else.

22. Toni

Toni New Member

Accutane? It's my first time hearing that. I have been suffering from acne for months now. I am often getting pissed(excuse my word please) because it has become the subject of joke. I would definitely try Accutane. I hope it would work for me.

23. joferaileensasuke

joferaileensasuke New Member

The best way to get rid of acne is to find out what's causing it and address that underlying issue. This is especially true for cystic acne sufferers, who may find that even the best acne products available over the counter aren't enough on their own to pave the way for clear skin. See how to get rid of acne fast using the methods below:Use the Best Acne Products for Your SkinThere are several acne remedies on the market and even home remedies for acne you can try, but which ones are right for your skin? That depends on the type of acne you're experiencing.The Best Face Wash for AcneWashing your face with regular soap is not enough to make acne better. The best face wash for acne is effective at removing oil and dirt, but still gentle enough to use regularly without overdrying your skin. Look for topical acne medication ingredients salicylic acid and/or benzoyl peroxide in your face wash and use gentle, nonabrasive cleansing techniques.Moisturizing Acne Prone SkinSome think that avoiding putting anything at all on the face will help get rid of acne fast, but this is a misconception. Failing to moisturize your skin can lead to over-drying, which can cause excess oil production. Keeping your skin hydrated with an oil-free moisturizer designed for acne-prone skin is an important step toward clear skin.

24. melnun

melnun Member

I had it terrible for a few months as a teen, and what cleared it up right away was birth control pills. If you dont want to go that route then keep a diet high in estrogen. Eat things such as nuts , seeds , grapes , fish , and lots of vitimin C .
    For a cleaning routine it depends on your skin type. If oily wash with a mild soap daily. If normal I know this sounds gross but wash it every other day. Your skin has oils on it to protect it and if your skin is not naturally oily then there is no reason to strip this layer off.
    And please stay away from those terrible oxy pads. Dry skin is actually a friend of acne.

25. Cathyikay12

Cathyikay12 New Member

This past few days I'm using a natural remedy since I'm running out of funds availing procedure in a derma clinic. I tried using aloe Vera on my face. I'm mixing with distilled water and honey. I have so many pimples and acne on my face most especially on my forehead,since I have my own aloe Vera plants I can use it everyday.Based on the result my inflamed pimples are lessened and my acnes too. Aloe Vera contains two hormones auxin and gibberellins.These two has something to do with wound healing and has an anti-inflammatory effects, it also moisturize and lighten my pimples marks. But it maybe not effective on your skin because we have different types of skin.But those remedies that I can give first, Modify your diet maybe it has something to do with what you eat,better to eat healthy foods,Second is you hygiene routinely wash your face and prefer to use natural facial wash products,Third is sleeping routine must have 6-8 hours of sleep and early sleep.Fourth is stress.Stress is everywhere it is only up to you how you can deal with it.Fifth is hormonal problem with this you must to see a doctor in order to know what should you do.

26. Uitnerual

Uitnerual New Member

The diet has a huge impact on the skin. Going vegan gave me clear, healthy-looking skin.
    Be careful to get the right vitamins and minerals you could be lacking when you don't eat animal products.

27. belen habal

belen habal New Member

The regimen I used to get rid of pimples are very simple. First, I always make sure my hands are clean and I am always avoiding to touch my face. Second, I always keep my face clean by washing it everyday and before going to sleep. I also apply some toner and moisturizer. I tried honey and egg as my facial mask and also cucumber to put on my eyes. Those are simple tips that I can share with you and the important thing is to watch what you intake to your body. Foods are one of factor why sometimes we get some pimples or acne.

28. Divine Soriano

Divine Soriano New Member

The best way to help get rid of acne is to have enough sleep and water, and mostly you have to remove make ups and dirt before you go to sleep in this way you wash all the germs on your face and helps your skin breath while you sleep water makes us hydrated so drinking water is so important too and most of all sleep if you can have at least 8 hours of sleep it will make your skin radiantly beautiful and away from acne

29. hushthug13

hushthug13 New Member

I know it sounds exaggerated but I've been fighting acne for almost all my life. I started having those little bumps on my forehead in my early teens and it's so frustrating. I know some of you how it feels like. I've tried so many topical treatments that can't be counted by your fingers even you add yours toes that I read from internet and was told by a friend that really is effective for them but nothing really helps. They will disappear for like a day or two but then they'll be replaced by bigger ones. The most effective treatment I had was to take hormonal pills (Diane35). It didn't just help me diminish my pimples it also helped me correct my menstrual cycle.

30. Abicdefghi

Abicdefghi New Member

I used to have really good skin, until i moved to the middle eastern region. My skin beceme dry and rough. And not long before i had break outs. I didnt know what to do. Because i dont usually have skin problems my skin regimen was very simple just soap and water thats it. Very low maintenace.
    And then i went to see a dermatologies because my face was getting worst. And he just asked me to moisturize after washing my face. The reason why im breaking out alot is that my face was really dry and breaks easilly. Dirt sand and bacteria comes in contact with the break in my skin and hence the start of my acne. Im lucky that this regimen worked for me and it really improved my skin condition. Up until now i never forget to moisturize.