What regimen helped you get rid of acne?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by CathyPack, Nov 20, 2015.

1. yuzupon

yuzupon Member

I would recommend a good amount of sleep and drink lots of water. One always undermine the power of water and what it can do to our body. Water actually helps us get rid of our toxins for whatever we ate or had done for the day. It replenishes and rejuvinates skin. It helps it keep moisturized. Plus a good amount of sleep so that our body cells can recover/renew. With these tips, I hope someone takes the time to try. It worked for me.

2. Lala Ancheta

Lala Ancheta New Member

I have learned my present regimen after years of doing lots of different ways of how to deal with it. I don't really get that much acne but when my period comes one, two or three would surely show up. My regimen is simple, inexpensive yet very careful. Now, I just stick to using Kojic soap to wash my face. My skin type is oily so I have to deal with the sebum all over my face. As we all know sebum and dirt are the culprits. That kind of soap helps on keeping my face dry and tight as it is acidic. It helps get rid of the acne by drying it fast. I don't dry my face by using towels after washing, I just let it dry as is or let the air do the job. I always try not to touch my face, for me that's very important. After my face gets totally dry, I'm using a strong toner and then applying virgin coconut oil using only my clean right ring and middle finger, I'm very particular that way. I also exfoliate my face by using rejuvenating creams when I feel like my face looks dull. Well, if you have a dry skin type this regimen might not work for you. In my case, this really works. ;)

3. ejshep1993

ejshep1993 New Member

I am a qualified beauty therapist and have done modules on skincare.
    I would recommend cleansing, toning and moisturize twice daily. You also need to exfoliate to remove the dead skin cells twice weekly. Look out for products that contain ingredients like witch hazel and tea tree.
    Try to drink 2 liters of water a day, i know that isn't always easy but it will truly help.

If all the above fails you could try booking an appoint with your GP. Ask them for blood tests to check your hormone levels. If these are not balanced it may be the cause of the acne. Treating the imbalance will clear up the acne. The doctors can also prescribe high strength steroidal creams as well but use these with caution and do your own research before starting these methods.

4. jhingkim

jhingkim Member

To get rid of acne I wash my face with mild facial wash every morning and at night before sleep. I also use moisturizer to soften my skin. I also consider my the foods that should not be eaten especially legumes and beans. I rehydrate myself by drinking a lot of water.

5. Willy1984

Willy1984 Member

I have read a lot natural acne treatment that work. These are few tips: oil cleansing in the evening, honey cleansing in the morning, apple cider vinegar toner for acne, home made acne facial oil and even combination of honey, cinnamon and nutmeg for spot treatment.
    However the common cause of acne is bacteria in our face/ skin that we sometimes to forget to clean before we sleep.

6. LIEZL19833

LIEZL19833 New Member

Garlic – Get rid of acne by eating raw garlic every morning with an empty stomach. Garlic is a powerful antioxidant, has anti-inflammatory & antimicrobial properties. But not recommended to put directly on your face it will seriously burn your skin, not only does it burn if you leave it for a longer time your skin peels off and get patches, and nasty liquid oozing out of your skin. Then you’re left with hypopigmentation and hyperpigmentation. If you can bear to eat raw garlic you can add with honey too.

7. MariaPZ

MariaPZ New Member

I've had acne since I was a teenager, and though I eventually realized they came from my over-consumption of dairy and sugary products... I don't care, I keep on eating, haha. What I do is to try and do these things I've discovered actually help me somewhat:

1.- Drink lots of water (at least 2 liters daily). I think water helps a lot not because it ~detoxifies~ your body or whatever, but simply because it has 0 sugar. Keeps your body (and obviously, your skin too) hydrated.
    2.- Wash your face with a cleanser twice a day, maybe thrice if you are returning from being out on the street. I also use a sponge, which may be too rough for some, but my face can take it, haha.
    3.- Use rose water as a toner. No other reason than because I want to smell like roses.
    4.- Use a moisturizer. I use Dr. Hanz facial gel, and it really works for me. It absorbs quickly and my skin doesn't feel sticky, just fresh and soft.
    5.- Every other night I leave on some product with benzoyl peroxide to deal with my acne. I use OXY acne-solution, but I want to try other things.

But out of all, the no.1 tip is still the most important.

8. jean_necesario

jean_necesario New Member

Everyone will be glad to know what different regimens we did to make our skin clear from acne's! :) In my teenage years, i also suffered from severe acne's that really lowered my self confidence, and it gave me a difficult time to try all the alternative skin care routines that are very time consuming and EXPENSIVE! :( Went into derma clinics, tried their services to clear my acne's but it only gave me scars. But still i didn't give up on trying products that can miraculously get rid of my skin imperfections, not until one day i discovered a soap that has healing properties that can heal my scars and make my skin smooth, and guess what, its very AFFORDABLE and available everywhere (i guess so? haha!) The soap that i used is black charcoal soap, yes CHARCOAL! and it also has a lot of benefits aside from treating acne's, it can also 1.) Prevents oily skin, 2.) Provides flawless skin, 3.) Reduce your pore size, 4.) Makes our skin tight and firm, and 5.) Treats Psoriasis and Dandruff! Isn't it amazing that you can hit a lot of birds in just 1 stone? :D Aside from charcoal soap, i also gave Vitamin C. serum a try and it worked on my skin too! I use it also to spot treat my acne's. If you have a lot of time, you can also give Aztec healing indian clay mask and Organic Apple Cider Vinegar a try and use it as a mask, i know it has a bad smell BUT! you will thank that bad smell when you see the progress on your skin.
    So that's it! I hope i helped most of the readers here on my skincare regimen and always remember that don't give up on your acne's! Always try to find the best regimen that will suits your skin. :)

9. ninotaruc

ninotaruc New Member

I never had an acne. My beauty regimen is just simple. I just use natural products because it is safer and gentle on the skin. One of the reasons why people suffer from acne because they use different kinds of beauty products which strips the face with its natural defense against acne-causing bacteria. I just wash my face with a natural soap then I use Virgin Coconut oil as my moisturizer at night. VCO is very good for the skin and it will not make your skin so oily and it has antibacterial properties too.

10. jhonuarin03

jhonuarin03 Member

for sensitive skin like me, I recommend vaseline petroleum jelly and cream ( moisturizer, whitening or any facial cream) apply every night before sleeping, in just 2 weeks you will see the result.

11. danique

danique New Member

I had acne really bad when I was around 25 years old I mean the worst you could think about! I was so unhappy and felt very unattractive but thank God for the natural oils of this world! I used lavender at night to calm my skin and mind to go to sleep, and I also used rosewater as a toner and tea-tree oil directly on the acne itself. I hope this helps I truly believe that natural remedies are the best way to go.

12. MiaManimbo

MiaManimbo New Member

I don't really experience having acne problems. But I sometimes have pimples specially when it's the time of the month. We all know that having pimples is a sign that our face or our skin is telling us that we should have proper hygiene.

Whenever I have pimples, it really makes me feel ugly and less confident but I always find ways to treat them. Here are some tips that worked for me in taking care of my skin when I have pimples:
    (Disclaimer: I have normal to dry skin so some of the steps that worked for me may not work on you because we all have different skin types)

- Upon seeing a zit or an upcoming pimple, do not pop. I repeat, DO NOT POP. Some says that popping pimples can cause acne marks.
    - Wash your face regularly during the day and during the night before going to bed just so all of the dirty particles or make-up residue will be removed from the skin.
    - Exfoliate once or twice a week depending on your skin condition. Exfoliating too much can also damage the skin surface.
    - Use toners to balance the PH level and prep your skin for the next step.
    - Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize. No matter what skin type you have, moisturing is a must. You just have to find the right moisturizer for your skin type.
    - Always use sunscreen during the day coz UV raysss, they cause skin damage. We all know that.
    - You can also add some steps for your regimen like applying serums and mask sheets when you have lots of time.

And just a friendly reminder, look for a skin care product that suits you and your skin type.

13. zgifford

zgifford New Member

In my experience the only real thing that made my acne disappear was healthier eating habits, less sugar, and lots of water. This took place over several months and years of change before acne finally stopped being a problem for me. For the average person with acne I don't believe there is any quick fix and taking care of your skin is a must.

14. ewapc101

ewapc101 Member

Anyone who,s suffered from acne knows how difficult this skin condition can be to live with. Not only are you self-conscious of your appearence but the little bumps that have taken up residence on your face and neck can be very painful as well. Luckily, there are several tried, tested and true at-home treatment methods that have proven to be effective for many suffers.

15. Therese16

Therese16 New Member

The regimen that helped me get rid of acne is washing my face with an antibacterial soap. I always wash my face when I wake up and before sleeping. Since acne occurs when the small pores on the surface of the skin become blocked with oil, dead skin cells, and bacteria, the best way to combat it is by washing your face after you wake up in the morning and before you go to sleep. Don’t touch your face with dirty hands to avoid any additional bacteria that may transfer from your hands to your face. Always bring a handkerchief and wipe gently the sweat in your face so you could lessen the oil blockage in your pores.

16. khadra

khadra New Member

What regimen helped you get rid of acne?
    I used to be 85 kilograms on my twenties
    now I'm only 62 and that took me 3 years
    I used to drink one holee gallon of water and walk for one and a half hour hope this work for you two .

17. Rubi85

Rubi85 New Member

A good trick for acne is to wash your face morning and evening with blue bar soap that is antibacterial.

18. Matt10222

Matt10222 New Member

I struggled with Acne all throughout my schooling years and the only thing that i found that could help me get rid of this scourge was working out . Lifting weights, running, rock climbing, basically anything that helped me to work up a sweat ended up helping out my skin as well . I know that it may sound counter-intuitive, and it may have been completely psychosomatic, but i truly believe that fitness helped get rid of my acne and enrich my life .

19. nadiacabrera

nadiacabrera New Member

Do the atleast the basic skin care routine to avoid acne breakouts. What are the basic? Cleanse, Expoliates, Tones, Moisturize and Protect. Do it consistently, make it habit day and night and everyday you will notice the changes in your skin. There are so many factors that causes acne breakouts, travel, weather, not having good enough sleep, hormonal imbalance, etcetera. But the bottom line is unhealthy skin, having a good Skin Care routine made your skin healthy enough and atleast breakouts if cannot be avoided atleast it can be minimized.

20. Qwerose09

Qwerose09 New Member

Acne is normal if your at your adolescent years because of the hormones in our body during that years. But heres what i did to get rid of it. First, i bought a set of products from a trusted brand belo it works but after like 2 two week i noticed that i brokeout at that time its our exam season so i was exposed with lots of stress and lack of sleep so what i did is after that breakout i get lots of sleep and it really helped my acne. I realized that its not just what you're putting on your face that matters that theres more factors the can make you breakout.

21. Aeolos

Aeolos New Member

I am so very jealous of those people who really didn't meet a single pimple during their high school year. It is very horrible to deal with acne at this very age. I have acne my whole high school year and it's not a very pleasant experience. During my freshman in college, I started this healthy practice to get rid of those annoying pimples. Every night before going to bed I will ways my face with Master's Face Wash. Moreover, I had to keep my face dry and not oily throughout the day too. I also regularly change my pillow case and blanket every other week. I refuse to eat oily foods and do exercise a lot. I will also like to point out that don't try facial products because we all have different skin types. Until now I still do this and acne no more. I still get some pimples too if I don't sleep much.

22. gabridosilang

gabridosilang Member

you need to eat fruits and vegetables for me to look fresh and younger. Also you need 8 hours of sleep, drink 8 glasses of water a day to washout your toxins. Exercise at least 4x a week , it will replenish your skin. and wash your face before you sleep. Use toner and moisturizer to avoid acne and blackheads.

23. ynaaast

ynaaast New Member

Water is everything. What really helped me get rid of pimples and breaking out is drinking around 3-4 liters of water a day. I've been doing this for about two weeks now and I have noticed that my breakouts have lessened and my skin is glowing! I've read that drinking water gets rid of the toxins from your body (including pimples) and it definitely lives up for its promise. Aside from that, following a good skin care routine is a must. Always remove your make up before going to bed and use a good toner. My holy grail is the Dickinsons Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner. I have also skipped applying moisturizer as per my dermatologist as it just contributes to the oil build up on my face.

24. finlan

finlan New Member

Over the years, I have tried various products and cleansing agents that were time consuming and did not deliver the results I hoped to receive. After many years of searching, I am proud to report I have finally found an acne control regimen that works for my entire family. This acne control regimen cleanses and exfoliates layers of dead skin to a deeper level of clean you can actually feel. This regimen is an easy to use three step process that includes a Renewing Cleanser, Revitalizing Toner and Repairing Treatment. The Renewing Cleanser is my favorite among the three products because while circulating the product with water on my skin, I can actually feel the tingly sensation of the product revitalizing my skin. Once the Renewing cleanser is removed, the Revitalizing Toner is applied to further remove any oil from the skin. The last Step is the Repairing Treatment which is a lightly fragranced lotion which adds moisture to the skin completing the three step process. Whenever you have a chance, try Proactiv Solution, it really works or at least it has for my family. :)

25. joybitzee

joybitzee New Member

I had my skin problems like acne, pimples, oily skin since I was a teenager. I guess because both of my parents has also this kind of problem when they were younger, I inherit it. I use a lot of skin care from cheap to expensive one and I also go to dermatologist to treat my break outs on my face but nothing ever did miracle to me until I tried an Aloe vera gel. It is very mild on my skin and help me keeps moisturize. It reaally makes my skin smoother and helps control my break outs. This one really works fine for me.

26. Gemmalynpanis

Gemmalynpanis New Member

Maybe all of us think how pimples been done forever.... First Its happen in our proper hygiene . Second, stress and sleep late at night. Third, the soap we use either moisturizer or kojic soap this probly use the oily face type. And if theres no changes . Change the soap you used, I recommend to use the cetaphil this is use to illiminate acne and Its moisturise your skin .

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  27. Gemmalynpanis

Gemmalynpanis New Member

Maybe all of us think how pimples been done forever.... First Its happen in our proper hygiene . Second, stress and sleep late at night. Third, the soap we use either moisturizer or kojic soap this probly use the oily face type. And if theres no changes . Change the soap you used, I recommend to use the cetaphil this is use to illiminate acne and Its moisturise your skin .