What regimen helped you get rid of acne?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by CathyPack, Nov 20, 2015.

1. yuzupon

yuzupon Member

I would recommend a good amount of sleep and drink lots of water. One always undermine the power of water and what it can do to our body. Water actually helps us get rid of our toxins for whatever we ate or had done for the day. It replenishes and rejuvinates skin. It helps it keep moisturized. Plus a good amount of sleep so that our body cells can recover/renew. With these tips, I hope someone takes the time to try. It worked for me.

2. Lala Ancheta

Lala Ancheta New Member

I have learned my present regimen after years of doing lots of different ways of how to deal with it. I don't really get that much acne but when my period comes one, two or three would surely show up. My regimen is simple, inexpensive yet very careful. Now, I just stick to using Kojic soap to wash my face. My skin type is oily so I have to deal with the sebum all over my face. As we all know sebum and dirt are the culprits. That kind of soap helps on keeping my face dry and tight as it is acidic. It helps get rid of the acne by drying it fast. I don't dry my face by using towels after washing, I just let it dry as is or let the air do the job. I always try not to touch my face, for me that's very important. After my face gets totally dry, I'm using a strong toner and then applying virgin coconut oil using only my clean right ring and middle finger, I'm very particular that way. I also exfoliate my face by using rejuvenating creams when I feel like my face looks dull. Well, if you have a dry skin type this regimen might not work for you. In my case, this really works. ;)

3. ejshep1993

ejshep1993 New Member

I am a qualified beauty therapist and have done modules on skincare.
    I would recommend cleansing, toning and moisturize twice daily. You also need to exfoliate to remove the dead skin cells twice weekly. Look out for products that contain ingredients like witch hazel and tea tree.
    Try to drink 2 liters of water a day, i know that isn't always easy but it will truly help.

If all the above fails you could try booking an appoint with your GP. Ask them for blood tests to check your hormone levels. If these are not balanced it may be the cause of the acne. Treating the imbalance will clear up the acne. The doctors can also prescribe high strength steroidal creams as well but use these with caution and do your own research before starting these methods.

4. jhingkim

jhingkim Member

To get rid of acne I wash my face with mild facial wash every morning and at night before sleep. I also use moisturizer to soften my skin. I also consider my the foods that should not be eaten especially legumes and beans. I rehydrate myself by drinking a lot of water.

5. Willy1984

Willy1984 New Member

I have read a lot natural acne treatment that work. These are few tips: oil cleansing in the evening, honey cleansing in the morning, apple cider vinegar toner for acne, home made acne facial oil and even combination of honey, cinnamon and nutmeg for spot treatment.
    However the common cause of acne is bacteria in our face/ skin that we sometimes to forget to clean before we sleep.