What to Blog about?

Discussion in 'Website Management & Blogging' started by ejshep1993, Aug 7, 2018.

?

What shall I blog about?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2018.
  1. Fitness

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Mummy life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Crafting/crochetting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Beauty

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ejshep1993

ejshep1993 New Member

I really like writing and I'm interested in starting a Blog but I'm not sure what to blog about. I have quite a few interests.
    I enjoy fitness and attend some class at the gym as well as do a lot of walking. I am planning to work really hard on my figure over the next few months so could blog my journey.
    I'm also really crafty and love crochetting so I could do do a craft blog and show of my makes.
    A few years ago I completed a beauty qualification and could blog about products or techniques.
    I'm also a mum to three little ones so could blog about Mummy life as well.

What does everything would be most popular?

2. bethylmh

bethylmh New Member

You must ask yourself , "What is my passion?" But if all of the above is your passion then choose fitness. In fitness your able to discuss about loosing weight which has a huge market world wide I think. You can share thru your blog about the right diet or your personal diet. Your reader will love what you personally do. I think you can relate beauty, health and fitness to your blog. What is important is you give them quality content, share your personal experience and be honest in writing your blog posts.

3. bethy

bethy New Member

You must ask yourself , "What is my passion?" But if all of the above is your passion then choose fitness. In fitness your able to discuss about loosing weight which has a huge market world wide I think. You can share thru your blog about the right diet or your personal diet. Your reader will love what you personally do. I think you can relate beauty, health and fitness to your blog. What is important is you give them quality content, share your personal experience and be honest in writing your blog posts.

4. wilfredorv31

wilfredorv31 New Member

Once I read about a person who made good money, duplicating on his site videos and viral news that he promoted on social networks, he placed on his site a lot of advertising of all kinds and charged for those visits. But if you want to be something more serious, I recommend generating content that really dominates and is of interest to many or few but with economic capacity to acquire what you offer.

5. emig

emig New Member

It is being accepted that blogging should provide value unto readers, so the first thing to consider that I could point out is value. When we say 'value' it doesn't mean it is too great to achieve, for we cannot measure it by simply how long or how informative our blog is. Sufficient to say that every reader has its own concept of value defending on what he/her reason or background. To some it could be of no value at all, but to others it could be a good piece of information he really needed.

Then there is passion. If the value is weigh in from readers perspective, passion is in the author's side. You could always hear that, it is easy to continue blogging on topics that you are passionate because this will naturally gives you ideas of what things to write about. This will provide you consistency which is very much needed when you are serious on blogging for the long term.

As I'm trying to analyze your case, there are four topics that you wanted to blog on: fitness, crocheting, beauty, and being a mother or I should say parenting. Of these four, I've tried to understand how you look at these by your wordings. When you mentioned fitness, you use the word 'enjoy'; with crocheting , you give the word 'loved'; with beauty, you state the word 'completed'; with parenting, you didn't say any describing word. So now you might get what I'm thinking about.

I vote for 'crocheting' for it seems you are more passionate on this particular topic having described it as you 'love'. But please do it to provide value on others not just have an article on the web.