What to learn after Javascript?

Discussion in 'Web Development, Programming & Graphics' started by cevu22, Mar 3, 2019.

1. cevu22

cevu22 Member

I had a lot of fun studying Javascript,and the favorite thing about JS for me was creating a octal system calculator.I spent a lot of time on it and I'm so happy it works.I did a lot of other projects the likes of instagram story and more.But what would the best next step in my developing?I heard about jQuery but realized it's the JS library and you are doing doind pretty much the same thing but you are writing less and doing more.To be clear I think jQuery is really good step but I really need other opinions.Be honest,thank you.

2. tmcastor

tmcastor New Member

Learning PHP, SQL, and Python could be helpful if you're interested in the server side of things.

The best thing to learn next depends on what you want to accomplish. If you want to dive deeper into JavaScript, jQuery, JSON, and AJAX are good places to start. If you want to learn a new programming language to build applications similar to the calculator, Java might be something you'd want to look into. I started learning jQuery after JavaScript. After that I started with SQL and C# because I discovered that I was more interested in building applications than websites.

3. marloarpo

marloarpo New Member

I was a freelance web developer. I had 10 successful websites that I'm getting paid every month but those things are in the past. I used to practice java, php, mysql and css using www.w3school.com it helps you to learn more in programming languages and more advance scripts that can be applied suits to your clients. Believe me, so many things that you'll learn from that website. My tools are Dreamweaver, FileZiilla, Godaddy for domains, www.000webshost.com for cloud and cool features. I would highly recommend as your web tools for easy access and creating your data base.

4. Ndeeri

Ndeeri New Member

I think the best programming language to learn will be PHP.PHP or the full name of Hypertext Preprocessor is a programming language that does scripting. Since you have a background in java script on how to make interactive web pages, this would fit you nicely.
    Both PHP and java script are scripting languages but PHP offers scripting on the server or back end rather than on the browser.
    I would say PHP is a more advanced scripting language than java script, a good reason to jump into it after java script

5. simonko

simonko New Member

I think it would be PHP or some backend

6. Eboy1354

Eboy1354 New Member

SQL and PHP

7. ad2715

ad2715 New Member

PHP, SQL, HTML

8. fairnlove82

fairnlove82 New Member

JavaScript is best but difficult to learn.