What type of books do you like to read?

Discussion in 'Books' started by DianeBorg, Jan 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Bcaluag

Bcaluag Member

I like fiction booked when i can use my imagination so that i can escape from reality for a while i also like inspirational book. because this kind of books if full of wisdom and it help me go through my dark days.

2. marselabelle

marselabelle New Member

I like autobiography because i like to learn from other people's experiences in life. It opens my mind on different perspective about life. I am not really good at speaking to people personally that is why through reading these kind of books somewhat help me to learn alot about life.

3. kianluis

kianluis New Member

I like reading both fiction and non-fiction books. It depends on my mood.

Fiction books I like to read are usually those that interest me. There's a wide variety of these available. For example, I'm both an avid reader of JK Rowling's Harry Potter series since I was 11 years old but I also have Stephen King's whole collection of books and audiobooks. One series is on childhood fantasy/mystery while the other set is more on adult mystery and thriller. I also enjoy John Grisham's courtroom drama books as well as Keigo Higashino's detective mysteries. More than the plot, I'm more drawn to writing style.

For non-fiction books, I often find myself reading Psychology, Sociology and Anthropology books at my local library. I think these are areas of studies that are continuously evolving through time as humans evolve and mature socially as individuals and as a society so there is always new material to be learned.

Reading is pleasurable and nothing beats curling up at night reading a good novel or sinking my teeth into a thick course book in the library.

4. rvtamayo

rvtamayo Member

I love adventure, history, novels and a lot more. I really love reading books, and it helps me learn about a lot of things. I hope one day I could create a place or location where people can have the opportunity to read books and be with their friends while reading or researching. It is kinda old school but its an experience that you cannot encounter in surfing the internet. The smell, the texture, and the feeling.

5. lordylordy

lordylordy New Member

The type of books I like to read are the following:

- Religious
    - Sports Encyclopedia
    - And I actually like reading my French-English dictionary.

6. Dmariere

Dmariere New Member

I like to read books about self development, parenting,marriage and occasionally some romance just to add spice to life. Romantic books have a way of opening up your imagination

7. nunox33

nunox33 New Member

My personal choice of book genre would be historical or adventurous. Also, I like an intriguing detective roman but these days I am most comfortable with the knowledge that can help me succeed in life.
    Like books that teach you how to make success in today's world, like earning money and have more freedom in life.

8. villaramajane

villaramajane New Member

Romance! You'll definitely fall in love not only with the characters but also with its story.

9. 45poan3t

45poan3t New Member

I am a big fan of the high fantasy genre. Series like Game of Thrones by G.R.R.M and Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson are most enjoyable. I love the complexities found in books from these authors, as they deal with things like politics and and war. Malazan also has a really interesting magic system which was really fun to discover as the series went on. I am currently reading the Witcher series and am enjoying it immensely.

10. GigsNext

GigsNext New Member

• For the joy of reading
      • Fantasy (Lord of the Rings, Narnia, Harry Potter, A Song of Ice and Fire)
      • Crime Fiction (Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes, Agatha Christie’s Hercule Poirot)
      • Mythology (Devdutt Pattnaik’s works (Best on Indian Mythology!), Shiva trilogy, Percy Jackson)
      • Thrillers (Dan Brown’s works, James Patterson’s works)
      • One time tries (50 Shades of Grey, Twilight, Five Point Someone, and a few titles that make me cringe every single time)
    • Non-Fiction
      • Robin Sharma’s Works.
      • The Seven Habits of Highly Successful People
      • Think and Grow Rich
      • How to Win Friends and Influence People
      • You Can Win
      • Playing it my Way (Sachin Tendulkar’s autobiography)
      • Bhagavad Gita (This ancient book of knowledge is the most insightful and introspective book you will find on this planet)
      • Mahabharata
      • The Secret (Twilight of non-fiction books. Over-rated and propagating an illogical ideology)
    • Classics
      • Pride and Prejudice
      • The Great Gatsby
      • To Kill a Mockingbird
      • Odyssey (Available for free on Kindle)
      • A Tale of Two Cities (One of the best openings)
      • A Christmas Carol (Not the CBSE chapter, the entire book)
      • Robinson Crusoe

1 person likes this.
  11. marcbarredo13

marcbarredo13 Member

I love reading self-improvement books. I have read few books this year like The way of Superior Man, 48 laws of Human Nature, The Secret, No More Mr. Nice Guy, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck etc. It really transformed my life and these books are really a game changer for me. I was a boy who has no purpose and has no idea on almost anything in life and by reading these books, it filled my brain with practical knowledge and insights which are beneficial to my life. Books really do help you succeed in your life especially self-improvement books.

12. marcbarredo13

marcbarredo13 Member

You have a nice taste in book genres! :)

13. damonzg

damonzg New Member

I love fantasy, it's like you get to enter another world full of exciting things and forget about everything that is going on in your life, it's an escape from reality and it's just amazing how the human mind can create a whole new world.

14. Megafortune

Megafortune New Member

I like reading autobiography of outstandingly successful people, motivational books and I love reading religious, financial , "how to do" books etc. Any book you like reading expands your knowledge in that field

15. Geofrey93

Geofrey93 Member

Reading books is an interesting thing and throughout my entire course I have read a number of books that include Science Fiction, satire, drama, Action and Adventure, Romance, mystery, horror, self help, guide, travel, children's, religious, science, history, math, anthologies, poetry, encyclopedia, dictionaries, comics, art, cookbooks, diaries, prayer books, series, trilogies, biographies, autobiographies, and fantasy.

16. Steila95

Steila95 New Member

I like to read inspirational and motivational books. I prefer hard copy books more than ebooks.

17. XCROW

XCROW New Member

For me is WUXIA NOVEL it is not a book but it long story that some are 1000+ chapters. If some are not familiar with the word it means "Martial Hero". So far its free to read i suggest reading it at wuxiaworld.com it have the best underdog characters like strong character from previews life and have been reborn to the world that are rule by martial arts. For my suggestion you should start with TALES OF GOD AND DEMON it already have a Manga. It is easy to understand and really entertaining to read. YOUR IMAGINATION WILL RUN WILD :)

18. harvynhart

harvynhart New Member

Reading for me is both recreational and educational; I enjoy reading in general. Whether that be for the knowledge that I am seeking or simply to lose myself in a story, I do not feel that there are specific genres that I enjoy over others. All of them have their hooks for pulling you in.

Seeing as I read probably about 10 books a week from cover to cover I would have to really have to narrow my answers down to recreational reading. The books I enjoy reading the most when it comes to simply losing myself in another world or in a woven tale of words would be Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, and Romance. Those are the books that I read when I want to escape my world and be involved in someone and something else.

19. iansilvino18

iansilvino18 Member

Kerouac’s agent spent more than four years trying to find a publisher for this turbo-charged, road-trip novel about the postwar beat generation. Finally published in 1957, On the Road—written in a style at once breathless and disjointed—spoke to the deep restlessness of young people chafing at mainstream Cold War culture.

20. marizmerilles

marizmerilles New Member

I haven't finish reading the Bible yet.And when i am feeling bored i challenge my self in checking my verses thru another book called Bible Potpourri.Helps me travel the ancient.Another book that i really read all over again is "Remember Me" by Mary Higgins Clark(read it in a Reader's Digest condensed book)and even help my daughter in her essay at school using the story.

21. marizmerilles

marizmerilles New Member

Different kind of book has its own compelling information about every aspect.Gathered data from knowledge people who share it to others.It just needed to be open up and let the reader indulge and experience to be in another time and space.

22. joanarc321

joanarc321 Member

I really have no specific genres of books that I like to read when I was little. But when I grew up and became adult, I am already fond of fiction, adventures and fantasy stories. It makes my imagination go wild and I always think if these stories will come to reality,then how would I react to it. It really stirs my imagination and exercises my mind.

23. Catutzy

Catutzy New Member

For me the first place is science fiction.
    Then I like mystery or historical genres.
    One of my favorite authors is Stephen King.

24. klynne18

klynne18 New Member

I like to read comedy books and geographic books. Sometimes horror books.

25. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

I like to read books about great battles and warriors as well as the great leaders who led them. Also like historical books that give an in-depth description of the armies and generals and why they were successful. They tell the reason why these battles are relevant and the consequences of what the future would be if they failed. These are the type of books that I read. I never tire of them.

26. dinndinn

dinndinn New Member

Recently I became interested in mainly two genres of books. I started to find self-improvement books helpful in my everyday life activities, and they also help with maintaining my health. The other genre that I started to read is fantasy, and I have to say I love them so far. I love letting my mind drive off into endless imagination, it makes me feel relaxed and calm. I'd recommend both Fantasy and self-improvement books to anyone who has a passion for reading.

27. vebselpo

vebselpo Member

I like to read motivational books about parenting. The kind of books that will motivate me and help me keep going. I'm talking about ''8 Secrets of Successful Parenting" and one of its author is Peter Tan-Chi. As parents, lets admit that we are not perfect- we are also just human wherein at some point of our lives we ran out of strength to live for another day, but we cannot quit- we don't know how to quit because we are parents and we love our children. Thanks God, there are these kinds of books that we can rely onto when we have no one to talk to. These helps us find our strength again and the courage to live one more time. In this book I've learned that whatever we feel in a day it will just pass by and through prayers everything will be okay.

28. gelouborlasa

gelouborlasa New Member

The types of books that I like to read usually revolves around self-improvement and personality development. These books can help in boosting one's morale and character as a whole. Also, they are really great tools in helping me to stay focused on achieving my goals in life.

29. Anjin

Anjin Member

I like to read fantasy books and suspense. It allows your mind and imagine things beyond the reality. I also like imformative books, especially science. I'm amaze from the knowledge I found while reading. There are a lot of things that will amaze you when you read science books.

30. JesReen

JesReen Member

Will always be, life changing books. It helps me a lot to cope up in this world i can use them when giving advice to many. I can use them in myself. Thus when reading, i never forget to take notes the life changing quotations and inspiring words that i get tonread while reading and finishing a book. I get to read those notes and contemplate with it. It helps me to mar a better version of myself and also in helping other people