What type of websites do you spend most of your time on?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Jordanmc97, Feb 18, 2014.

?

What type of website do you spend the most time on?

1. Social News

53.0%
  2. Gaming

36.1%
  3. Fictional

1.2%
  4. Forums

49.4%
  5. Political

8.4%
  6. Other? If so please specify.

21.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. prstben

prstben New Member

The website I spend the majority of my time on would be twitch.tv. For anyone who doesn't know, Twitch is a website where people live stream themselves playing video games, which means there's basically endless content, as you can almost always find someone streaming one of your favorite games. However, in the downtime between games, like most of you, I spend my time browsing sites like reddit to keep up-to-date on various topics that I'm interested in.

2. Unicow

Unicow New Member

Is this even a question? When I'm on my computer I'm generally addicted to Reddit.com. You can learn everything from this website and it's just generally a great community to be a part of. There are people that are mean spirited but there are the good people that will always balance it. You can get your news from there and get a laugh out of it instead of staring at a TV screen bored out of your mind.

3. PillowTalk420

PillowTalk420 New Member

I am not sure what Reddit would count as...

4. Docdam1

Docdam1 New Member

I spend my most of the time on question answering websites. I love to help people according to my ability, and simultaneously I learn new things. Two of them are Yahoo answers and Ask dot com.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  5. Docdam1

Docdam1 New Member

I spend my most of the time on question answering websites. I love to help people according to my ability, and simultaneously I learn new things. Two of them are Yahoo answers and Ask dot com.

6. Andrew Plaza

Andrew Plaza New Member

Well, Reddit, mostly; I am a huge fan of cats. Though when I'm feeling adventurous, I will check out 4Chan, and all the crazy stuff they have to offer. If I'm not Lol'ing over cat videos at Reddit, or being scarred for life on 4Chan, however, I love stumbleUpon. As a person of many interests, I love finding new blogs/forums/places with people like me, and StumbleUpon provides a perfect outlet for doing so. I don't think I am ever bored after a good session on that website ;).

--Andrew

7. JDRichardson

JDRichardson New Member

Looks like Reddit is a popular one here - I get sucked into that site and don't find my way out for hours! There are few better places to find a really juicy discussion thread or the latest news. On some of the smaller subreddits there are often incredibly helpful people too, which is unique on the internet sometimes.

It's weird, I can't really work out what I used to do on the net before I was on Reddit. Now that I've found Postloop, however, I'm pretty sure I'll be putting my procrastination time to good use.

8. Klompisify

Klompisify New Member

I have no idea at freaking all.. My Google Chrome is always a mix of Facebook, forums, gaming websites, Youtube, another forum and much more! Lately I've been joking around a lot in forums, so I guess I'm more like a forum guy at the moment. I've been using Facebook and other social media websites less and less. I feel like they have turned into crap. LOL.

I would love to start using reddit more, because that is a cool website! You can find all kind of stuff in there, and there's a cool rating system there too :D

9. Nia Isabelle

Nia Isabelle New Member

I spend most of my time online on social networking sites like twitter, facebook and tumblr. I mainly use facebook for the chat feature. Twitter is great for keeping up with the social world especially if you are a fan of something or someone. You can get instant updates from their twitter accounts and I use tumblr for blogging. I express my feelings into words then post it on tumblr. I can rant and let out my emotions on that site without any of the people I know in real life knowing.

10. overthinkingme

overthinkingme New Member

So much time spent on reddit, I am not ashamed though, there is a lot of variety.
    Lately I've also spend a good amount of time on Feedly, I like my news.
    I used to spend a lot of time on Facebook but 50% of new updates on my feed turned into "Like this if.." or just memes. Nothing of real value. I only keep it to communicate with relatives abroad or which I rarely see in person.

11. pekeqpeke

pekeqpeke New Member

I used to spend my time mostly on automotive forums for a specific brand of car. But since I sold that vehicle, I have mostly switched to reddit, and R/C forums, at least on my free time.

12. ChrisGr1

ChrisGr1 New Member

I'm not on very many sites. I'm on Facebook nearly constantly, but I actually don't interact with friends much. I just normally check out any shared links, or see what other people are doing in my city. I do check out some pop culture websites, the AV Club, Cracked, etc. Other than checking the local news and weather every now and again, that's pretty much it. I work too much to surf!

13. jpits

jpits New Member

A lot of my time on the internet would be on Reddit. Although I do not tend to stick to one subreddit, and a lot of the time I just go on the front page or hit the 'random' button and start browsing random subreddits. AskReddit can often be quite interesting, hence that would most likely be the subreddit I spend most of my time on.

14. Jhordan

Jhordan New Member

I spend most of my time on Pinterest trying to find recipes for all kinds of dishes. I like trying dishes from all cultures and I like making things catered to a certain them, like holidays. I also find lots of DIY things, like homemade facial masks and lotions. I get ideas for crafts for my children as well.

15. thebeardlesswonder

thebeardlesswonder New Member

I spend most of my time on Reddit. I use Reddit for personal and profession use. I use it at work to keep up on new technologies and exploits. Reddit always seems to have the most recent technical articles available. Most of the posters to Reddit are also very helpful with any technical issues that you may have.

16. AJITH

AJITH New Member

Much of my time on the internet is spent on social networking sites and entertainment based websites like youtube.Being a movie fanatic I also spend time watching movies online.At other times, I just go through my mails and check out for interesting topics to read and whats going on around the world.

17. Klompisify

Klompisify New Member

I have no idea at freaking all.. My Google Chrome is always a mix of Facebook, forums, gaming websites, Youtube, another forum and much more! Lately I've been joking around a lot in forums, so I guess I'm more like a forum guy at the moment. I've been using Facebook and other social media websites less and less. I feel like they have turned into crap. LOL.

I would love to start using reddit more, because that is a cool website! You can find all kind of stuff in there, and there's a cool rating system there too :D

18. J3NN4

J3NN4 New Member

I spend most of my time online on either Reddit, or the forum for my car. Usually Facebook is open in a background window so I can catch up with family, too.

19. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarie New Member

Lately I have been spending more time on sites that can make me money. Postloop is the best one so far! A couple of months ago, I would always be on some sort of social networking site. My browser would consist of tabs ranging from Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter. Now I have utilized my journalism degree by writing on forums and blogging. A girls got to eat!:laugh: However, I still find myself taking a break and checking in on my social networks!

20. ManofOneway

ManofOneway New Member

I spend most of my time on Reddit, social network websites and gaming related websites. I didn't really know much about websites which can help me to earn some money, I only found out Postloop recently. I guess my priorities will change now, hopefully!

Lately I have also used the internet in order to learn more about coding and programming, which takes me usually an hour or two per day.

21. funknown

funknown New Member

I tend to go to reddit a lot, which has a lot of different information, but other than that I spend a lot of times on forums and streaming media sites. I tend to do my facebook and email from my phone these days and not from my computer.

22. ciwstudy2

ciwstudy2 New Member

I start every day with coffee and facebook. I do like to see what everyone is up to, and there are usually interesting articles posted. I also look at my email, and then get started on my work for the day. I tend to look at Reddit.com in the evenings, when I want to be entertained.

23. Rhodie

Rhodie New Member

Probably offending some people here, but I'm not a fan of social site like Facebook and Twitter. Much too personal and too much drama on Facebook and don't even get me started on Twitter. I heavily enjoy forums like Reddit, and I was all over dig but sadly that is no more. My favorite type of websites would have to be video site like Dailymotion, Vimeo, and Youtube.

24. Haurum

Haurum New Member

I spend a lot of time on Reddit. It is just such an amazing website, especially with all of the different and interesting subreddits. Want to be entertained? Sure, here is /r/funny. Want to learn programming? Sure, go check out /r/programming. The possibilities are endless, and i just find myself getting caught in it every single day.

25. Jmari

Jmari New Member

I spend a lot of time on facebook and youtube. I mostly watch a lot of videos and then post the ones i like on my facebook page to share with my friends.

26. mld22791

mld22791 New Member

You can normally find me on forums for my favorite artists/bands or most likely Reddit. Facebook, too. Even though I'm trying to stay away from it.

netrasu likes this.
  27. _midnight_

_midnight_ New Member

I spend a lot of my time on 9gag, especially at times when I need a break from work. Of course I also check facebook from time to time. Not that regularly as some people here though, and I certainly don't post on there what I'm doing every hour of the day. Besides those two, ibood is a site I do check every day. I haven't bought all that much from there yet, but you never know when something great might show up in the list.
    Lately, I'm also checking financially related sites to earn money online, but also to save money on taxes for instance. Still not where I want to be in terms of "easily" earned money though. :)

28. exzsyth

exzsyth New Member

I spend 95% of my time on Forums and Blogs, I can find everything I need on the forums. From News around the globe to fun to useful Information, I don't have a Facebook nor a Twitter account, so I don't waste my time in there.

29. M0nster_

M0nster_ New Member

Agreed. As soon as I wake up the first thing I do is go on my phone and read some threads on Reddit. Then when I've had some breakfast, I get on my computer and just go on Reddit. Reddit has brought my productivity extremely low! I'm not sure about you, but whenever I'm doing some important piece of work I just happen to get distracted by reddit, which means the piece of work takes 90% longer to finish. Reddit is like a curse!

30. tysovsky

tysovsky New Member

For the last few years Reddit has been eating up most of my free time. No wonder, thanks to the vast amount of subreddits anybody can find something interesting. Just remember to unsubscribe from the default subreddits. Most of them are plagued by low quality content that, for some reasons constantly gets upvoted to the top. Apart from reddit I also frequent youtube and some Gaming-related websites.