What was your favorite music five years ago? 10 years ago? How have your musical tastes changed?

Discussion in 'Music' started by XxGracexX, Nov 5, 2018.

1. XxGracexX

XxGracexX New Member

what was your favorite music five years ago? 10 years ago? How have your musical tastes changed?

2. otepeezy

otepeezy New Member

My favorite music 10 years ago and 5 years ago is still the same. It's just there are more types of music added to what I like right now. As a musician, I learned how to appreciate different kinds of genres. I respect all of them. From their styles, their beats and lyrics. Being a music lover keeps me more aware of what's happening in the world. And I also love the bond that sticks from us musicians and the listeners. We just want to make good music for the listeners to listen to and to appreciate to.

Making the listeners happy with our music boosts our self confidence to go and make more music.

3. Mirjana86

Mirjana86 New Member

My musical tastes haven't changed a kot actually, I still love Rnb, house, pop and electro sounds.

4. kattsallie

kattsallie New Member

10 years ago, 5 years ago, and today I enjoy what I would describe as music that makes me smile, dance or cry. The difference in my taste of music is that the music sector of entertainment has changed in my opinion. Old rock n roll or classic rock is almost nonexistent. Musical songs such as "Dream On" by Aerosmith , "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin, and "Hello" by Adele are songs that make me blow my speakers, yet they are different genres. I have a great love for Cat Stevens which I was exposed to at a young age because I had teenage brothers and sisters. From country, rap, and r&b, to classical, and rock and roll, I enjoy passionate music.

5. akiyo00000

akiyo00000 New Member

i remember my favorite song in the last 5 years was Year of the Gentleman album by Ne-yo
    it was a really good rnb songs but now 10yrs ago i was changed a genre into Reggae Trap Music, Dubstep, Electro Music

6. pencilneckgeek

pencilneckgeek New Member

One would definitely have a change in musical taste as time goes by. 10 years ago I was still heavily influenced by teenage angst and it reflected with the music I listened to. My favorites back then was The Used, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday and Underoath. Nowadays, my tastes are more into the melodic and dramatic side like The Lone Bellow and Lana Del Rey. The stark contrast is really surprising now that I think of it, I hope someone would ask a question like this again after 10 years so I can be surprised again.

7. mcnasci24

mcnasci24 New Member

It is true that there is a certain tendency to change one's taste in music as a few years go by, but the process varies. I have enjoyed pop and metal since a young age, as well as classical music. 5 years ago, I was way more into EDM and dubstep. Now, I did not necessarily stop liking songs or abandon styles, even though I tend to enjoy more certain styles, such as jazz.

8. katarinamurtin

katarinamurtin New Member

Have your musical taste changed?
    Yes, thank God for that.
    Ten years ago I was only 7 so my favorite music was the theme song from "Noddy in Toyland"
    Five years ago it was One direction and Justin Bieber.
    Now
    is Ed Sheeran, Tom Walker and The Chainsmokers. I simply can`t get enough of their songs. Especially Sheeran`s song "Happier" and Tom Walker`s "Leave a light on".
    *my two favorite songs*
    #lovek

9. xianmi13

xianmi13 New Member

Country song is the genre were most of my favorite songs fell into category. Country song of taylor swift, miley cyrus, demi lovato and tim mcgraw. But as time goes by, three first singers that I mentioned became pop singers which made me sad because their songs became party songs unlike before which were used for smooth and soft dances. Only Tim McGraw remains in the throne but his songs doesn't satisfy anymore. I guess, nothing is really permanent.

10. GarzonR

GarzonR New Member

My favorite music or genre 10 years ago was rock music. I even named my dughter after my favorite band vocalist. 5 years later my favorite music changed to R&B, ballad, wide variety of music I must say. I think my music preference changed over the years due to maturity. 10 years ago I was a teenager and I want to be distinctively identified by others. After few years, I started my job and met different types of people that influenced every aspect of my personality which made me see things differently.

11. Amandaeyaf

Amandaeyaf New Member

my favorite, with lyrics, would have to be “all you get” by Michal Menert and The Pretty Fantastics. I highly recommend you all listen to it. Anywho, it conveys a meaning that life is all you get. It conveys a meaning that money doesn't by happiness. That you are on the top of the game and no one else is. At least, that's how I interpret it.