What was your first free-lance job?

Discussion in 'The Freelance Life' started by emiaj55, Oct 8, 2018.

?

Are you free-lancing full-time or part-time?

1. full-time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. part-time

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. emiaj55

emiaj55 New Member

I started free-lancing part-time by answering surveys. I do this whenever I have free time- during lunch breaks or on jeepney rides going home. Answering surveys fills up dull moments in traffic, plus I get to earn points for money. I'll admit though that you couldn't really qualify this as a reliable source of additional-income. It takes plenty little efforts and time to actually gain something of value from it. Then, I was introduced to transcribing.

Audio transcribing requires a little more effort at first. I had to learn the short-cut keys used in audio-transcribing on specific websites and learn to to actually use them. But once I formed them into habit, transcribing gets a little easier and at times, fun. Plus, I get to earn real money on doing this work rather than having points and needing to convert them later on.

As f the moment, I'm seeking to learn new skills, and improving the ones that I do have now so as to make free-lancing my full time job. Maybe you guys could give me some tips and leads on how to make free-lancing a full-time career?

2. postexpertph

postexpertph New Member

Data entry was my first gig as a freelancer. The pay was a bit small compared to other high-value tasks like social media management but it gave the much-needed confidence boost.

I would agree that filling out surveys would be a good time killer while waiting in traffic. Tried a couple of paid surveys to keep me busy during the weekend. Then, I shifted to online lottery sites. I would spend countless hours watching videos just to accumulate those sought-after entry passes. ( The magic of Gamification at work!:))

If you wish to pursue a full-time career as a freelancer, it would be best if you would master a specific in-demand skill and be really good at it. Invest in yourself first, attend seminars, join mastermind groups and be active in your community ( Your specialization of choice e.g. Social media management, chatbot creation, e-commerce. )

Make it your goal to be seen as an expert in your field.