What would happen if whole world got disconnected for 2 weeks?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by brunopetrovic, Mar 16, 2019.

1. brunopetrovic

brunopetrovic New Member

Any ideas?

1 person likes this.
  2. lzr9211

lzr9211 New Member

I hope this would not happen. If the whole world got disconnected for 2 weeks, it would make a lot of people lose the way to know what happened outside, what happened for others, and everything people want to know. It would make many misunderstandings and mistakes I think. So I think it would be very terrible if this happens, and the result only would be a negative one. It should not happen.

1 person likes this.
  3. BigEyes

BigEyes Member

Somehow for me is a good thing.We will learn how we live before we had an internet.Just base on my experience .I spend time with my bf in a resort.Well for him internet is important coz His family lives outside the country so he needs to talk to his kids but eventually even if we are next to each other we are not talking or spending more time for each other coz we are both facing our gadgets.Wish I could challenge him to disconnect for a week.

4. GigsNext

GigsNext New Member

The stock market would be screwed
    The stock market would likely be closed in a total internet outage. Credit transactions for purchases would stop. No bank to bank transactions....I would say a major internet outage constitutes a national emergency. Could we survive and recover? Sure, eventually. We would take a major economic hit in the meantime.

No more food
    The internet going dead for a couple days would leave ripple effects that would hamper future food supplies as soon as the next week because everything is done over the internet, if its down there is no way to monitor all the supplies etc that are constantly on the move. If the internet was down for a week it would be pretty devastating.

5. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

If chaos would result, this goes to show how much we relied on technology to run vital functions in our lives. Sometimes get wired or connected isn't always good. Our dependence on technology is not always beneficial. Sometimes we should go back to basics. At least that way we have something to fall on.

6. khenkhen25

khenkhen25 New Member

Technically, the economy will gonna go down in an instant.