what would you do if you won the lottery?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dmarco, Nov 30, 2017.

1. dmarco

dmarco New Member

how would you spend a million dollars?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Andrew Leith likes this.
  2. Betty19

Betty19 New Member

First I will pray and thank God for this wonderful blessing.Second I will tell my family and buy things that would definitely help us to live our life comfortably and also pay all my debt.Third creat a business that will provide not just for me but also to other people.Last save some and then share my blessing to those who really need it the most that It will change their life too.

3. Lee355

Lee355 New Member

Honestly I'd spend about $5k on clothes, electronics, and a few nights of partying, and then invest the rest in all sorts of different ways. I'd look for property or land to invest in, and I'd buy a lot of cryptocurrencies, maybe $500k worth on the blue chip cryptos like bitcoin, etherium, litecoin.

4. Onof

Onof New Member

If I am the luckiest won? I think First what my family needs and for my future.Mybe I will buy house and some of the money is send to secure bank acount of me.I do not want to spend if I don't need it.

5. enuh bler

enuh bler New Member

If I won, first, I will put up a small business for my family, because here in the Philippines If you have a small business but you will earn a lot it's okay. I want a small business in our house like a small grocery store here in our village. Because, here in our village there's no mini grocery store here. The grocery is so far you will go outside the village to buy foods.
    And of course I will save my money for my daughters future.

6. palamunin07

palamunin07 New Member

I spend it to buy a lot of properties. Invest my money to the trusted companies. I will helped my families. I will put up a small business. I'll buy a luxurious car. I'll by sports car like Ferrari. I'll buy a mansion like the NBA basketball players. I'll buy expensive diamond necklace, rings and bracelet. I'll buy all the Jordan shoes and also Lebron shoes. I'll buy the most expensive laptop in the world. I'll buy the telecom company here in my country. I'll help people who don't have house. I help more charity. I thanks God for this opportunity. But, sad so say this is impossible to make it true. Dream big aim it someday. That's all

7. Andrea123

Andrea123 New Member

I would invest most of it. I think that's the smartest move to do in this modern world. Buy some properties, maybe a few cars. Maybe more than a few cars. Donate part of it to some charity, give some to my family and close friends. Too bad winning the lottery doesn't happen more often.

8. Eljo12

Eljo12 New Member

It depends how much money i would win. If it was a big ammount i would donate a big part of them in charity to poor people. Then i would spend a part of them in scientific research and development because as a new scientist there are a lot of things that stimulate my curiosity. Therefore i would leave a part to my family to manage this money because i'm not so good in it.

9. Kathryn Brock

Kathryn Brock New Member

If I won the lottery I would do a couple of things with the money. First, I would donate a huge portion of it to a charity that helps people with mental illness. Secondly, I would buy my mom and dad a house and fully furnish. Finally, I would love to take a trip to Europe and travel around to see the historic sights.

10. Jennifer Ruskowski

Jennifer Ruskowski New Member

I think the first thing I would do would be treat my boyfriend to anything he wants. I am so in love with him, and he honestly deserves so much more than I could ever give him. He is an amazing human being, and I want him to be incredibly happy.

11. cathylene

cathylene New Member

I always dreaming to win in a lottery even if i don't play that. If I won, the first thing i will do, I will put a half of it in my bank for my family future security, because here in the Philippines . Life is so hard.
    And of course I will save my money for my daughters schooling. The rest of it, i will buy the things i never had before.

12. Abundance11

Abundance11 New Member

I have won the lottery is an affirmation I often repeat. I would invest in properties in the UK and the Caribbean. Open a shelter for individuals who are homeless and help them to access education, employment, benefits and housing. I would also donate to the charities I already support.

13. David977

David977 New Member

First I would made me a anonymous winner, I would not want anyone to know that I won the lottery, I'd like to keep it to myself.
    Then I would go on and invest the money that I won into something that will set me up for life, probably real estates and something similar, maybe buy some bitcoins and similar things.
    Really that is all that I would do, I would just invest in things.
    I want to first set my life up so that I dont have to do anything other then to just lay back and let the money drip slowly into my bank account.
    When I think that i set everything up as it should be then I can take a break and enjoy life, help my family, help my children.
    So they don't have to strugle in life at all.
    That is what I want.

14. Rowie

Rowie New Member

Honestly, the first thing I would do is buy myself a hundred pairs of shoes. I would shop for one whole day before doing the more serious stuff. Then I would give parts of it to people who are so dear to me. A few millions to my parents and a few to my friends and of course a good part of it to my self and my own family. Then I would hire a professional to help me have some great investments. Last but not the least, help the world. Probably start a foundation, send kids to school or donate to charities.

15. Jade30

Jade30 New Member

Well, if i win the lottery, i will use it to build or buy a house for my family, since we are just renting out a house here. I will also buy a car for myself because i don't want to worry about how i will go home from a late night meeting or gathering. I will also invest half of it in a business. And i will help my relatives and friends in need by giving a part of the prize. Lastly, i will put in the bank, so i can secure the my future and the future of my family.

16. JM D Looper

JM D Looper New Member

Im a #ManfromPru so the first thing on my list is to Invest and get more Life Insurance.

17. Kingmeezy

Kingmeezy New Member

Before acknowledging I was the winner:

Hire an accountant or financial advisor.

Set up an anonymous company to collect the winnings.

Collect the winnings anonymously.

Only tell my wife that I've won, once the money is in the bank.

Pay off the mortgage. That's my only debt.

Continue working for a while.

Eventually quit my job, telling people that I want a career change, change of scenery, etc.

Start doing charity work.

Splash out a little. Newer car, upgrades to house, nice holiday.

Help people close to me - family, friends. All via anonymous white envelopes. Give myself an anonymous white envelope too. Would help to remain inconspicuous.

Invest a little.

Enjoy it, but without going wild.

Never have to work for someone else for the rest of my life...

18. Andrew Leith

Andrew Leith New Member

That's a good question. I would pray long and hard and think about it. I would not just go crazy about it and waste it on stupid things. I would invest most of it have some fun and help people. I would love to travel the world on cruise liners and go to wonderful, beautiful exotic places and share my success and my dreams with family and friends. There's so much you could do with a million dollars.

19. erosss

erosss New Member

I'll use the money wisely. I'll give some to my parents and my siblings. I'll buy our needs and most importantly I'll invest it in a small business. Having a small business will help me to let the money flow in my hands. In that way, I will be a millionaire not just because of winning a lottery but because of being wise.

20. veronski

veronski New Member

First and foremost I will buy or build a house for my family. Second, buy everything that we need not like, that we never had before. Third, invest some of the money on a business or something worth investing for. Fourth, Save money for the kids and their future including school fees. Fifth, buy something I like or my family like but not too much. And lastly, Save the rest of the money for my family's future.

21. dioxazine

dioxazine New Member

Sadly a lottery prize of $1million wouldn't keep me set for life, even if I was frugal with it. $1 million nowadays isn't what it once was.

I would just focus on making it last as long as possible - I'd look into investing it so that it grows with time.

If I won one of the absolutely ridiculous mega millions prizes ($100m+ after taxes) then I'd be a little more imaginative with spending the money. I would receive the lump sum payment at first. I'd get my parents a nice house in Hawaii for them to retire in.

I would then live my my dream of spending most of my life traveling. There are so many places in the world that I want to see, and now I would finally have the means of seeing them.

22. bikay1

bikay1 New Member

If I won the lottery I will definitely pay my mom's debts, all of it. Second I will pay our house mortgage and last I will invest 30% of my money and the rest I will build my own business.

Noel Angeles likes this.
  23. Noel Angeles

Noel Angeles Member

Honestly speaking I'll put a quarter of it in stocks, a quarter to be divided in 2 banks to earn some interest, a quarter on conservative insurance investment products spread in several insurance companies and the last $250K
    I think I'll start my own charitable
    institution that will spearhead soup kitchens for the needy.

24. Abdel89

Abdel89 New Member

That depends on how much money I have won.

Let's say, ten million dollars. Well, the first thing I would do is invest thirty to forty percent of it in real estate because it is usually considered as a safe investment. So, if I end up doing something crazy with the remainder of my money, at least I know I still have my piece of land that would most probably have increased in value over time.

If I do not end up doing something crazy with the remainder of my lottery money, then I would consider investing some of it in a business that I believe could work. Also, I would use some of my winnings to buy a sport car.

Noel Angeles likes this.
  25. cds93

cds93 New Member

I'm gonig to sound really boring here, but I would leave most of it in a savings account to earn interest, and try to be restrained in my spending. Maybe I would put a portion of it into an investment. If I won tomorrow I'd buy SpaceX stock or get serious advice into investing in a cryptocurrency.

I'd buy a nice house so I didn't have to rent anymore, and get a nice car like a Tesla or another luxury electric car, and only spend enough to live comfortably. A reasonable summer holiday every year, enough money to buy interesting new tech gadgets, and some 'emergency' funds I can access easily, and I'd be happy.

26. Rosamistika

Rosamistika New Member

Winning the lottery could make a lot of changes. Of course, 10% will be given for the tithes in church, a certain percentage will be shared to the needy, for my kids' education and for the renovation of our old house. If there will be more, then I have to invest for our future like having an insurance plan and health insurance too.

27. Stacy Stephens

Stacy Stephens New Member

It's according to how much I won. If it wasn't a whole lot I'd just pay extra on my house payment. But if it was enough to be able to live my dream, it'd be wonderful. But some of my children would hate it. I would buy at least ten acres in the country. I would have a big garden for I could can even more of my family's food. We would also raise our own animals. Then I could can & freeze my own meat. I'd want chickens, cows, goats and a least one horse. My daughter loves horses. Then I 'd have my own eggs. I'd learn how to make butter, cheese, and other dairy products. I would have regular power, but I'd want solar power too. I'd have a wood heater and a wood cook stove. But I'd still have a gas and electric stove as well. It would be nice to live a life being self-sufficient as possible.

28. rodney0108

rodney0108 New Member

First of all im gonna buy my own gaming PC, then im gonna give half of my money to my parents, because if it wasnt cuz of them, im nothin. Then im gonna buy every single game i like specially the ones that i dreamed of when i was broke af. Then i can finally die happy

29. jhenrayblogger

jhenrayblogger New Member

The most important rule to put in mind is don't tell anyone. Never let anyone know you won the lottery or else you're putting your life at risk. The most practical thing to is to hire and establish a team of financial advisers - an accountant, a trusted lawyer, a financial manager and a business planner. Next, I'll find a bank where I can entrust my money and that offers a reasonable interest rate for time deposit and mutual funds. Lastly, I'll start my own business in an industry I'm familiar with and understand.

30. Quick

Quick New Member

If i win the lottery the first thing i would do is pay all my debts. Then buy my wife the house she wants. Then buy myself a farm so i can help others by hiring them to manage and take care of my farm. And lastly buy all the things my child needs. And the rest of the money will be our savings