What's more important to lose weight - diet or exercise?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by cafwen, Jun 26, 2016.

Which is more important - exercise or diet?

1. Diet

69 vote(s)
  2. Exercise

19 vote(s)
  3. Definitely both!

164 vote(s)
  1. meaesteves878

meaesteves878 New Member

Both. In order to lose weight we should control the food that we eat, we should know how to cook our food, eat more veggies and fruits. So, if our diet is already controlled we should maintain it through exercising.
  2. roastalmond

roastalmond New Member

Proper diet and regular exercise goes hand in hand to achieve healthy lifestyle ;). Even if you don't do regular exercises everyday, watching what you eat and eating right could make you look healthy. But having to do regular exercises is also important if you want to live a long, healthy life. Physical activity protects your body from diseases. Also exercises can motivate you to eat the right kind of food to prevent you from overeating. You may want to preserve the body you achieved. Those sweat and pounds you have shed during those intense workouts will keep you on your toes with your diet. Always remember to keep track of your activities. Listen to your body if you have been exercising and dieting too much. Just being thin is not healthy.
  3. jhayc06

jhayc06 New Member

Definitely both are important, Because if you go to gym daily to lose weight. But when you come back to home you will eat to much your goal will be neglected. So my advice to those people that willing to lose more weight you may discipline your self. Go to gym daily or every other day, Specially if you are a beginner you watch some tutorial video in Yotube on how to do a daily routine correctly at the gym. and which is the right things you eat to build muscle and to lose more weight, Or you hire a gym instructor.
  4. albino

albino New Member

For me more important is proper diet because you don't have to lose weight if you are in a proper diet, sooner or later your body will adjust to its natural size. Exercise will depend on the occupation of a person and physical condition, not all person requires to exercise everyday if you are working hard daily during work or any strenuous activity, if you are ill or not allowed to exert effort especially persons with heart problem, you need to exercise if you are living in luxury, but if you are striving everyday for food and financial support you don't need to exercise. Your daily activity while you work or any other things you did in your house cleaning, baby sitting, cooking, washing clothes, etc. is more than exercise.
  5. sarah abrahams

sarah abrahams New Member

Weight loss is determined by the calories one consumes and exercise. We lose weight when we eat less calories than we expend. Conversely, we gain weight when we eat more calories than we expend. In order to lose one pound/Kg of fat, we must create a 3,500 calorie deficit, which can be achieved either through exercise or diet.
  6. Verozan

Verozan New Member

From personal experience I do think diet is the most important thing in losing weight. I try to work out 5 days a week, but on weeks where I am not eating very well but still working out I don't see any weight loss results, whereas on weeks where I work out AND eat well the results are very clear.