What's more important to lose weight - diet or exercise?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by cafwen, Jun 26, 2016.

?

Which is more important - exercise or diet?

1. Diet

87 vote(s)
    28.7%
  2. Exercise

22 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Definitely both!

194 vote(s)
    64.0%
  1. ArseniAMD

ArseniAMD New Member

In fact, many of my friends say they hear the word diet I immediately want to eat more) I think it's a reflex,you can eat anything, only moderately and most importantly at the same time, if you do not have time for Breakfast-wait for lunch, if you do not have time for lunch-wait for dinner, if there is no dinner-eat only in the morning, it is very important, because the body works well, the stomach is ready to eat at the same time

2. elliethegypsy

elliethegypsy Member

Both. You should have a balanced diet along with proper exercise. It's not enough that you're just going to eat healthy and nutritious food. Exercise can keep you active as well. There are circumstances that you still have to burn the fats that you have eaten.

3. Weszleyyyyy5

Weszleyyyyy5 New Member

Of course both! In able to lose weight, you are required to have a proper diet and exercise. Without the discipline of balancing these two, you will not see healthy improvement on your body. Diet and exercise are synched together to achieve good physical health and also a healthy body. Exercise is effective only when you eat the proper foods that you should intake. Make your lifestyle active and it will help you foster a good tomorrow.

4. YayiLilet

YayiLilet New Member

I have always been slim and I don't think that it's because of exercise. I would attribute it to a proper diet. I have always been into eating more fruits and vegetables and less meat. But I do eat meat. I do exercise but it's never been to lose weight. It's for blood circulation and for keeping my body strong. Exercise builds muscle and you could actually gain weight because you have gained more muscle. But the ultimate goal should be to be healthy and not just to lose weight. So proper diet and regular exercise are both important.

5. Hagael

Hagael New Member

Obviously, both of the answers are correct, but also a good night's sleep, and some diet rules: Eating according to the inverted triangle rule, eating more in the morning and less true the night; the last meal of the day should be three hours before bedtime and do not eat carbohydrates; At lunchtime, half of the dish should be full of vegetables, the other half should be split in two for protein and carbohydrates and if you want to eat some candy, eat for breakfast; weigh yourself in the balance as soon as you wake up in the morning.

6. talagirl

talagirl Member

For me, I think diet is more important. I think some of the people do exercise but they fail on controlling their food intake. For me, someone must first consult a dietitian and a nutritionist too. You need to know what your body needs to take and not to take. Because when you do the extreme dieting without consulting a a dietitian/nutritionist, you'll body will take the actions inappropriately and may cause some medical concerns. Consulting a medical practitioner is a must before you venture into dieting, they will guide and help throughout the journey.

7. mithul

mithul Member

Definitely i would say both are very important for losing weight.because after the workout our diet intake must be cautious in order to reduce fat in the body.

8. Cesssie

Cesssie New Member

Both are important. You need to perform exercises or simply just move your body in order to burn some calories. And in order to maintain a healthy body, you must also eat a healthy diet. It's not simple but it is definitely worthy especially since that is your body.

9. Ana81

Ana81 New Member

Everyone wants to be healthy and at the same time fit physically. It starts with a healthy lifestyle routine.

10. MoCuishle4

MoCuishle4 New Member

[QUOTE = "cafwen, post: 633834, member: 220032"] Suena como una respuesta simple de 'ambos', pero me preguntaba qué personas realmente se encontraron al tratar de perder peso (y seamos sinceros, la gran mayoría ¡Hemos estado allí!): ¿le ha ayudado más cambiar su dieta o aumentar su nivel de ejercicio? Personalmente, he logrado perder bastante peso (10 kg, que son aproximadamente 22 libras) al cambiar a una dieta vegana baja en grasa, pero parece que si quiero deshacerme de las últimas libras rebeldes que tendré para comenzar a hacer ejercicio también. Suspiro. ¿Qué han encontrado otros lectores? También asegúrese de consultar esta gran infografía que en realidad desglosa la ciencia detrás de la pérdida de peso exitosa. [/ QUOTE]
    Creo que ambos, aunque de manera diferente. La dieta hay que ajustarla a la medida de cada uno , es una parte muy importante, el cambiar o eliminar ciertos alimentos, como por ejemplo los procesados, los azucares complejos, la sal, las grasas trans... y sustituir en todo caso por alimentos naturales y con el menor nivel de procesado posible. Eso ayudara en gran parte. El ejercicio por otra partr ayuda a quemar las grasas no necesarias y sobre todo a ganar músculo y tonificar.
    Hay que encontrar una dieta y ejercicios adecuados a cada uno. Yo por ejemplo, él dejó de comer carne aun a pesar de tener una anemia bestial, y he tenido que empezar a tomar B12 y muchas más legumbres y verduras de hoja verde. Además, hago cardio, pesas y yoga.
    Cada uno tiene que encontrar la manera de equilibrar y sobre todo que le guste y no sea un sacrificio continuo, tienes que motivarte y luchar, ya sea por imagen o por bienestar fisico y mental.

11. Shuby415

Shuby415 New Member

I would like to share my own personal experiences, what worked for me and what didn’t. It took me a few years of trail and error but eventually i figured it out. Every person is different and have different metabolisms, both diet and exercise is key to losing weight. If i had to prioritize one over the other, it would definitely be diet. When i first started working out consistently, I would head to the gym around 3 to 5 times a week. At that time i did not have a plan for diet and ate pretty much what i craved or what was available. Although the exercise prevented me from gaining unwanted weight, I wasn’t losing as much as i would like. Reason for that is because, although i was losing fat i was also gaining muscle mass. After a year or so i started to implement a diet and stick to it. That’s when my body not only started losing weight but I started to get more definition, my physique was more noticeable and defined.

I went from 218 down to 194 lbs, my body fat percentages drop from 22% to 13% percent. I reduce the amount of carbohydrates, and only included it in my meals early in morning and afternoon. I would have some carbs, if it was still early in the day or when I’m about to go out for the day. I will also have a little bit of carbs right after work to replenish the the glucose that was burnt during the exercise, other than that carbs where off limits.

12. Ruelene18

Ruelene18 Member

For me, both exercise and diet are more important to lose weight because exercise helps us lose weight and lower the risk of some diseases. Exercising regularly decreases a person's risk of developing certain diseases, including obesity, it can help to improve your mood and decrease the feeling of depression, anxiety, and stress.

A well-balanced diet is also important because it provides important vitamins, minerals, and nutrients to keep the body and mind strong and healthy. Eating well can also help ward off numerous diseases and health complications, as well as help, maintain healthy body weight, provide energy, allow better sleep, and improve brain function.

13. Ayhie

Ayhie Member

We need both, diet and exercise to lose our weight and firm our muscles.
    We should eat healthy but less calories food and of course high in fiber like vegetables and fruits.
    Exercise help us burn the calories on the food we eat. We can clean the house, walking , shopping, climbing the stairs, gardening and dancing are all forms of physical activity. A man who exercise before eating breakfast burned twice the fat of those who exercised after breakfast.

14. myckmyck

myckmyck New Member

Diet, but you have to workout, it's like: diet 80% workout 20% , diet and burning calories will get rid of your fat cells and the exercise will change your body to a better and healthier shape

15. whillsy

whillsy New Member

Exercise matters however not so much as diet. You can just exercise so a lot, you don't consume the same number of calories as you might suspect with practice when in doubt. In any case, little switches include after some time. Additionally, turning out particularly quality preparing can manufacture your muscles and those little dogs consume calories all day, every day.

Just fixing your eating routine without turning out at all surely attempts to get in shape, be that as it may, on the off chance that you need to keep the weight off long haul you need to focus on your body structure.

16. RenzG

RenzG New Member

The obvious answer here is "Definitely both", but if we were to weigh just between Diet and Exercise, it would be the former.

In working out, whatever your goal may be (losing, gaining or maintaining weight), it's almost always stated that the ratio between diet and exercise in order to reach your goal is around 70:30, respectively. The bodily processes involved in changing your body, to say the least, is highly dependent on the things you intake (Calories, Proteins, Carbs, Fat, and other micronutrients) while the exercise is a stimulus that helps you create tension to your muscles and other body system that will then take its energy from the things you intake.

17. omarmena4

omarmena4 New Member

I strongly believe that you can eat whatever you want during the day as long as you burn those calories with a good workout. Now if you are the person that rarely exercises you might want to try new healthier eating habits (not a diet).