What's more important to lose weight - diet or exercise?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by cafwen, Jun 26, 2016.

?

Which is more important - exercise or diet?

1. Diet

61 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. Exercise

16 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. Definitely both!

140 vote(s)
    64.5%
  1. Anne Dm

Anne Dm New Member

I believe you need the both of them. It should be a healthy diet by consuming a wide range of food in the right amount. It should have a proper balance proportion of protein, carbohydrates, fats, sugar, water, vitamins and minerals. You also need to exercise regularly to lose weight and it also helps reduces some diseases. Healthy diet and regular exercise is very essential because it has a long term benefits in our life.

2. MauiLani

MauiLani New Member

I firmly believe that how you eat and your diet is the most important thing if you're trying to lose weight. Everybody obviously needs to exercise, too, but you can lose weight by eating healthy even if you don't exercise. What we put into our bodies is key. Healthy foods like lean protein, nuts, vegetables, fruit and healthy fats will go a long way in helping you lose pounds or maintain your weight.

3. lynnedawan

lynnedawan New Member

If you're trying to maintain weight, diet matters more.As my personal experience when I started excercising the moment I stop it I notice that I become bigger ,so it is not advisable to start going to gym or exercising if you will not be able to maintain it regularly. Balancing your food intakes is much better .Earing fruits and vegetables always go a long way.

4. TopRated

TopRated New Member

While both diet and exercise are important for weight loss, I believe that nutrition is critical to shedding unwanted pounds for good. If you don't believe me, just take a look at a calorie chart. There are so many calories in food and, yet, it takes so much exercise to burn off even a few of them. Exercise can help boost energy which will keep you motivated, but it's very difficult to lose weight without some form of calorie restriction in place.

5. Karlo Baltazar

Karlo Baltazar New Member

Hi, this topic has been a long time debate, but most people and studies come down to dieting outweighing exercise when it comes to losing weight, and I agree. Now, I emphasize the word "losing" because with diet and no exercise, that's really all you can achieve. By dieting, and being in a caloric deficit, you will lose mass in the form of fats and even muscle. In a general sense, you will lose weight, but this might not be ideal to others.

On the other side, if we just exercise but disregard our eating habits, we can still gain weight. If you're solely trying to lose weight, then diet is a must. The reason being is, we can consume or intake a larger amount of calories than we can burn or lose from working out throughout a given day. It becomes easy math, if your caloric intake is higher at the end of the day, then you will gain weight.

Now if your goal is to lose weight, but shape your body or sculpture your body to keep as much muscle mass as possible, then doing both activities are needed. You will have to diet and work out in order to achieve such an outcome. Hope this helps :)

6. del_reign

del_reign New Member

Diet and exercise are both of the factors which are important for your health. Staying fit makes you feel strong and empowered. Staying healthy make you feel free from diseases. It is both in ways to consider in staying healthy, watching you diet and doing your exercise to stay healthy. Doing what suites for you will make you stay healthy.

7. Ephedrine

Ephedrine New Member

For me diet is EVERYTHING. If you dont follow a strict diet you are WASTING your time.
    You can't out train a bad diet !!! It doesn't matter how hard you work in the gym, if you don't control what you put on your plate !!!

8. chackie31

chackie31 New Member

BOTH.. you have to diet and exercise to maximize the result. Don't afraid to eat, just eat healthy foods.. you need to eat to maximize your energy during work out and you need to eat healthy food to maximize losing weight..
    Eat at least 5-7 time a days small healthy diet.. like for example, oatmeal, brown rice, fatty fish like salmon or tuna, avoid farmed fish, lean mean, chicken breast or turkey, yum, always eat whole food avoid processed food.. you can see the result very soon if you are very dedicated.

9. nicca_lubrico

nicca_lubrico New Member

you need them both, you need a proper diet together with excercise if you want to see the outcome

10. To lose weight, you need to do both exercise and diet. Diet without exercise is nonsense. Exercise without diet is absolutely nonsense! If you will exercise for about 30 minutes and you will a lot after you're done, it's like you're not losing weight. All of strength you've invested doesn't matter.