What's the first gaming console you ever owned?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Jiuaxin, Apr 24, 2011.

?

What's the first gaming console you ever owned?

Poll closed Jun 12, 2011.
  1. PS1

16.2%
  2. PS2

2.7%
  3. PS3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Xbox

2.7%
  5. Sega Dreamcast

5.4%
  6. Wii

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Nintendo

43.2%
  8. Other or none

29.7%
  1. saifsayed

saifsayed Member

I started playing Gameboy advance which was also gifted by my cousin. I remember playing pokemon ruby, lord of the rings and a few other classics in it.

2. leolaland

leolaland New Member

PlayStation 1

3. Tunaturkeydog

Tunaturkeydog Member

Family computer. Games back then was so wholesome and fun. Not very violent and are very family friendly. Super Mario, Duck Hunt, Double Dragon, Punch Out and Megaman were few of my favorites.

4. Fartytester21

Fartytester21 Member

I didn't own any of my consoles hahaha, mostly came from my cousin in US who bought every single Sony consoles ever released. But for the sake of the poll, I had a Nintendo classic the one with red and white on color on it and that's my first.

5. Viridia

Viridia New Member

My very first console was an NES. My parents got it before I was born and kept it around. I loved playing Zelda, Mario, and that Tailspin game. Does anyone else remember that game? It was so difficult as a six year old!

6. DTLee

DTLee New Member

So apparently I'm the old guy in this thread. I had the Atari 2600 back in the early 80s, on a TV that had UHF and VHF (google it, lol). I still remember unwrapping Pac-Man on Christmas morning, the only challenge was waiting until my dad wasn't watching TV so I could play it. There were so many great video games for that era, Asteroids, Space Invaders, Centipede, Frogger, and on and on. I even bought a game for my old Playstation that had a ton of those old Atari games on it.

Thanks for sparking a trip down memory lane.

7. Fartytester21

Fartytester21 Member

Ohh dude, I just watched the Atari documentation few months ago and I can honestly tell how jealous I am for those who had the chance to own their catridges and console. If you still had the console, I would like to see it in picture :)

8. leodavid09

leodavid09 Member

We bought a NES way back. Megaman was my favorite from that console. 3 years ago, I installed a NES emulator and played those games again... nostalgia kicking in...

9. konerious

konerious New Member

If I really remember very well my first console was ps2.It was one of the best especially when it was loading pes and most wanted. I really loved it

10. prexv

prexv Member

The first gaming consoles that we ever owned that I get to enjoy it when I was young as seven or eight years old was PlayStation 1. I remember playing Spyro the Dragon and CTR: Crash Team Racing and spending countless hours on it, that's how much I enjoyed the games while playing with my sisters, cousins and childhood friends next door.

11. leradj001

leradj001 Member

Mine's a Ps1 Console. I got it as a gift when my father went home for a vacation away from seafaring and he bought it at U.S. and we always play the Crash Bandicoot and race with CTR and compete for the loser to do chores.

12. jaykenth

jaykenth Member

Nintendo, to be specific its Nintendo gameboy. I believed it would be the colored one because the gray gameboy that I played was only borrowed from the brothers friend.

13. RICHDADDY

RICHDADDY Member

For me personally it was the very first PS1 and my games were Gran Turismo
    and Tekken 3 at the time before everything is shifting to PC, My dad somewhat taught me how to play video games until he would give his own thought and mind that it was a waste of time causing me to not let it as like for most stereotypes that they play like “a fat lazy guy eating chips while play
    video games at his couch” much to my guilt and depression for his
    own philosophy and even my mom and even if he likes it as well as
    the whole populace are now made video games as an opportunity
    they still don’t get that picture and as much as I love video games
    in the future they will understand someday.

14. Icyflame

Icyflame New Member

I've been gaming since childhood and my first actual game console I could call my own was a PC. I got it for Chrismas and I used it to play Lego Star Wars II.

15. Felx

Felx New Member

My first console was a sega,ithink it was
    called a sega saturn but i don't quite
    remember
    PS2 may not have been my first console but it
    was the most i played on, because my
    gameboy got broken after like a year so i
    didn't get time to enjoy it.

16. idking212

idking212 Member

My first gaming console was the 360 xbox I liked it and I played a lot

17. mohab120

mohab120 New Member

Gta san andreas :D it was my first game and i love it so much

18. Carrillo62

Carrillo62 New Member

First console I owned was the first PlayStation. It was Christmas and I had to be the happiest kid on the planet. I believe the first games I got were Spyro and Driver. I really didn’t know much about gaming at first but weeks passed by, and I was addicted.

19. ymcfar

ymcfar New Member

I was born in 99 and was rather poor. I got a playstation 1 when the playstation 2 had just hit the market. I played lots of Spyro the dragon and Crash Bandicoot. Then I got a playstation 2 and fell in love with Gran Tourismo. All my knowledge of cars came from there growing up.

20. Osayiogbebor

Osayiogbebor New Member

I had a sega when I was 6 after that I just got playstation till today

21. Delta37

Delta37 New Member

My first gaming console was a Sega Mega Drive (the European name for Sega Genesis). My first game was Sonic 3, I think it came bundled in with the console. I remember the console games were really expensive, and many of my friends owned a Nintendo, so I couldn't even borrow a lot of games. I owned the legendary NHL '94 though, and don't even want to guess how many hours I logged in on that one :)

22. angrymoony

angrymoony New Member

My first gaming console was a GameBoy! I used to play Pokémon Red and Zelda on it. It was so good, I have such great memories of it. Then I moved on to the N64 that my older brother bought and played Ocarina of Time, which instantly became a favourite of mine.

23. blackstarter7

blackstarter7 New Member

Sega Megadrive, but that was a long time ago!

24. Kiyen96

Kiyen96 Member

That's been a long time but as i remember my first console that i owned was GameBoy with a big console unlike tha GameBoy advance and my GameBoy is black and white also i'm playing teenage mutant ninja turtle, Super mario, and pokemon game in 90's.

25. shermarie

shermarie New Member

My first game console was the Super NES and I STILL have it! It's a pretty amusing story how and why I obtained it.
    As a child, my mom used to say video games would rot my brain and refused to by them, so when I got my first job, I saved up $199.99+tax and purchased my console with cash in exact change to the penny. It came with the Donkey Kong Country game and 1 controller. Happy that I finally had Nintendo, I played for hours, and even shared with my little brother.
    Then much to my surprise, our Mom asked to have a try at it. The anti-gamer. The very person that was afraid that video games would rot our brains. I reluctantly let her play, and she took over my game and my bedroom for several hours. So long in fact, that she forgot how much time had passed and skipped through lunch. I had to remind her that I'd paid for the Super NES with my own money and she supposedly hated video games before she reluctantly and sheepishly gave back my controller and left my room.

The next day she went out and bought her own Super NES along with several games. Mom would swap games with me and give me tips on how to pass levels. My brother would go back and forth between both our rooms to watch or play with us, and eventually became a huge gamer and collector of all things games to this very day.

26. Cvile

Cvile New Member

You can never forget a thick PS1, hours and hours of Spyro..

27. CorgiLord

CorgiLord New Member

Man, my first console was the Nintendo DS with Rhythm Heaven and Pokemon Pearl. I played Pearl over and over again before I really understood how the game worked (I sped through the instructions each time). Pinplup is still my favorite starter to this day. Rhythm Heaven was a great game for field trips and car rides, though frustrating. Jeez the scoring on that game was something.

28. Shuby415

Shuby415 New Member

First game console I ever owned was Super Nintendo with , Mario Cart, Zelda, and Street Fighter. These games are consider classics.

29. Ruelene18

Ruelene18 Member

For me the first gaming console I owned is Nintendo. Because the Switch is unique in every way, it does come with its flaws. It gives the users something to be excited about.

1 person likes this.
  30. johnmichaelescalona

johnmichaelescalona New Member

Xbox it was very good gaming console for me,
    oww, I miss to play with mah bby :<