What's you're favorite smoothie recipe?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by ChicWriter, May 7, 2017.

1. ChicWriter

ChicWriter New Member

Nearly every morning I start of my day with a peanut butter, chocolate, raw oats smoothie. The ingredients are Smucker's Natural PB (or you can use whatever PB you like), dark cocoa, raw oats, 1 banana, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, almond milk, a dash of cinnamon, a splash of vanilla, and agave to taste if you don't find it sweet enough. This is the best smoothie ever in my opinion. It loaded with fiber, protein, omega fatty acids, potassium and other good things. Plus it tastes amazing. What smoothies do you enjoy? It doesn't have to be for breakfast; it can be for whenever :)

rosey143 likes this.
  2. Gwendolyn Gail

Gwendolyn Gail New Member

I love smoothies. I usually have one every morning but I don't have a favorite recipe. I use whatever is in the freezer. It's most often some sort of frozen fruit, usually blueberries are involved. I have to have half a lemon, some hemp protein, some hemp hearts, chia seeds, cinnamon and spinach though. I like to add half an orange and half an apple if I have any handy as well as some red, yellow, green or orange pepper, red onion and a quarter of a carrot. Oh yes, some coconut oil is always nice. Because I don't have a regular eating schedule and sometimes only have a sandwich later on, I know that at least I've gotten most of my nutrients in. If I have a smoothie in the evening, it tends to be heavier on the veggies and lighter on fruit than in the morning. I really should check out some recipes and broaden my tastes I guess.

3. honestymatters

honestymatters New Member

I do not drink smoothies very often, but I do like to create them on occasion in my kitchen. I use strawberries, bananas, milk, honey, and ice. Very simple, but very yummy! Give it a try, you might enjoy it too.

4. Jon90

Jon90 New Member

Red onions in a smoothie? Haha, that's a first. My go-to smoothie is orange juice, spinach, kale, handful of mixed frozen fruits(blueberries, strawberries, mango), and my dirty little secret......super-green powder.
    https://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Gras...&qid=1494559047&sr=8-2&keywords=amazing+grass

This stuff is amazing. It's a blend of a lot of healthy veggies in powdered form, stuff that I would never even consider eating.

5. laurie98

laurie98 New Member

I start all of my mornings off with a smoothie. Use whatever plant-based milk you like, a really ripe, frozen banana, 2 tbsp. of peanut butter, 1 tbsp. of ground flax seeds and a little bit of Hershey's syrup. Blend and enjoy.

6. F.Clark

F.Clark New Member

My favorite smoothie recipe is what I like to call the Alkaline smoothie. I call it this, because all of the ingredients are Alkaline based plant foods. I combine 5 frozen strawberries, 4 chopped apples, 1 mango, 1 avocado, 1 mid sized Burro banana, 1/2 cup of blueberries and blackberries mixed, 6 seeded grapes and 1 cup of spring water. Blend it together and enjoy. This smoothie is fulfilling and very nutritious. It is loaded with powerful antioxidants, vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, zinc, copper and calcium. It will keep you healthy and give you a boost of energy that will last throughout the day.

7. Efasts

Efasts New Member

I was born with horrible digestion, as a result... milk and I were never friends. So, I have created a milk that works for me and keeps my digestion running smoothly. It's called Banana Milk.

INGREDIENTS
    • 1-2 fresh or frozen bananas
    • 2-3 cups of water or coconut water
    • 2-3 Medjooled Dates (remove pit)
    Place all ingredients in a blender and blend well. ENJOY!

8. CJ Deala

CJ Deala New Member

I love mixing protein in and I put frozen apple, banana, grapes, blue berries, and sometimes even mangoes. I equally level out the amount of each fruit so that its a tasty smoothie and adding peanut butter makes it more thicker. I add beets powder for burning fat along with honey and turmeric.

9. roxanam84

roxanam84 Member

My favorite smoothie is a mixture of melon, strawberries and bananas. I add just a small spoon of ice cream instead of milk. This is not helping me lose any weight but sometimes it is good to spoil myself. I suppose that if I cut the ice cream this can be a healthy smoothie.

10. latifa007

latifa007 New Member

My favorite smoothie mixture is 1 cup of whole milk,1 avocado , 1 banana and a handful of almond .
    It is very filling and full of healthy fat and protein ,i normally make it when i have a long day out and i know i won't have time o eat.

11. emegdad

emegdad New Member

My smoothies must contain whey protein in them. I mainly go with a vanilla flavor whey powder with frozen strawberries, raspberries and blueberries with bananas and honey. I have recently read about the crazy amazing benefits of chia seeds which had to be added. I put in flavored yogurt with coconut milk as an alternative to the protein powder.

12. dulcimo

dulcimo New Member

BEST RECIPE EVER = Bananas, Lemon Juice, a pinch of fresh leaves from Mint, Basil, Cilantro and Water (or Coconut Water) Blend with ice.

13. lilac1234

lilac1234 New Member

The best smoothie I ever tried had yogurt in it, so ever since then I've been adding yogurt to all my smoothies. It makes the smoothie sweeter and a bit creamer in my opinion. My go-to smoothie in the morning usually has a handful of berries, a banana, milk, and yogurt.

14. Tedde

Tedde New Member

I know how it sounds but watermelon and banana cinnamon...with spinach or kale....energy for days

15. Ioana Corneanu

Ioana Corneanu New Member

I absolutely love protein smoothies as they not only taste great (similar to milkshakes) but also add those extra macros for lean build! One of my favorite recipes is peanut butter vanilla smoothie:
    1. One scoop of any vanilla protein powder
    2. One cup of almond or cashew milk
    3. One scoop of ice cream (I go with halo top salted carael)
    4. 2 tsp powder peanut butter
    5. Ice

Shake well and enjoy!

16. Tsurka

Tsurka New Member

I love banana shakes! I can eat only that for the rest of my life. Banana, milk and raisins!

rosey143 likes this.
  17. lwheeler7

lwheeler7 New Member

My favorite smooth recipe is strawberries, bananas, blueberrys, a litte bit of avocado, chia seeds, and almond milk! I drink this almost every morning while sometimes changing one or two fruits

18. april.hunt

april.hunt New Member

SMOOTHIES!!! Smoothies are a breakfast staple for me. My favorite recipe is my berry smoothie that contains strawberries, blueberries, banana, spinach(you won't taste it), vanilla Greek yogurt, almond milk and ice. I always put some kinda greens in my fruit smoothies.

rosey143 likes this.
  19. pandafox

pandafox New Member

I turn to smoothies for refreshment and flavor, so I keep it simple. I love using frozen strawberries and bananas, because they hold up so well in my freezer. Then I add a splash of orange juice and a handful of spinach. The spinach adds almost not taste, but offers tons of vitamins. It's not an over-the-top health smoothie, but it's delicious and helps start the day with some fruit and veggie servings.

rosey143 likes this.
  20. drig38

drig38 New Member

I normally have everywhere frozen before hand is I don't need to add ice. I add bananas, peanuts, mango, peaches, soy milk. This also makes great ice cream

21. TechForums

TechForums New Member

I mix some milk, strawberries, bananas and a little bit of chocolate flavored protein powder and it makes a great energy/protein shake. You could change up the recipe by adding fruits that you like, I sometimes add peanuts for the crunch and peanut butter for the flavor.

22. sarahmills

sarahmills New Member

I love smoothies. When I was pregnant I got one of those mini blenders so I could make one every day and have fewer dishes. If I didn't eat something I would have morning sickness, but if I made a quick smoothie I was fine. I make simple smoothies and just use frozen fruit (so it's more like a milkshake), milk, and yogurt. Sometimes I put in some protein powder or other boost such as flax seed. My kids like smoothies for a quick meal before school, and I like them eating smoothies over eating some junk food.

23. lcameron8!

lcameron8! New Member

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I definitely agree/recommend adding a smoothie or a green shake to your breakfast routine! For me I battle to eat a lot of greens throughout the day, so I take the opportunity to get my daily dose of vitamins and minerals through a green shake. I usually use one apple, one banana, a small bunch of spinach and a little bit of fruit juice. I did try use just water, but I find that is a bit bland and I really battle to get that down... you can add variations though. Such as add a little bit of ginger to give it a little bit of a 'zing' and parsley/cucumber is a good combination for losing weight. when I run out of spinach I usually substitute with other green leafy vegetables such as kale and spinach. I also enjoy making a strawberry smoothie which serves a double function and can be used as a dairy free milkshake. A healthy alternative for the lactose intolerant, here I used a few frozen strawberries, a teaspoon of honey, a teaspoon of vanilla essence and a cup of coconut cream. Add to a blender, blend till smooth and enjoy!

24. DNR

DNR New Member

I only have smoothie occasionally. One of my favorites recipes is 1 banana, 2 cups of frozen milk, 1 tbsp of chocolate malt, 4 cashew nuts or almonds and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

25. lexcion

lexcion New Member

This one's really simple but dropping in a banana, kiwi, and a cup of milk in a blender makes a really tasty concoction. The banana makes it nice and creamy while the kiwi adds a citrus flavor as well as seeds that add texture.

26. RomeroMable

RomeroMable New Member

Every other day I will make a smoothie consisting of spinach, frozen tropical fruit, water, chia seeds, and kale. By using the frozen tropical fruit, allows the greens to not taste as strong. This is my favorite smoothie by far.

27. rosey143

rosey143 New Member

I'm saving this recipe!! This looks good , I'll definitely try it. Thanks for sharing!

28. ttaylor

ttaylor New Member

I made my favorite smoothie this morning! I mixed 1 banana, 1 cup of spinach, 3 tablespoons of peanut butter and apple juice. Ice cubes dampen the taste of my smoothies, so I stopped using them. Instead, I freeze my fresh produce right after I buy them. In the past, I've also used green tea in place of the apple juice and the taste was still great!

29. jackiee1

jackiee1 New Member

Hi, My favorite smoothie recipe is Spinach, blueberries and avocado. I will have a smoothie at least 3 to 4 days out of the week.!

30. haram

haram New Member

I am a very big fan of my mom's strawberry smoothie bowl. According to me, it is quite cool, like having smoothie bowl in the morning to start your day.
    I just take a dozen of frozen strawberries and some milk. Yeah! I know that smoothies are not complete without yogurt but I do not like that. So I skip yogurt and make smoothie just with strawberry, honey and milk.