When do you listen to music?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Tiia, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Tiia

Tiia New Member

Is it at the daytime or when you are going somewhere, walking, running etc?

2. klorjne

klorjne New Member

I tend to listen to most of my music in the car. I like to sing along very loudly, and I often want to listen to things others are not aware of, or simply don't enjoy. I can't do this at work, but my morning and evening commute allow me to shout along to whatever I please. There's something powerful about that feeling of yelling along to songs on the way home.

3. pdxchristine

pdxchristine New Member

I love listening to music when I run. I find that it really sets the tone for my workout. I also like to have music playing while I cook dinner. I'm sure the neighbors have caught glimpses of me and my unflattering dance moves.

4. jazz1977

jazz1977 New Member

When I am feeling down & tired I listen music to get fresh for the next working day specially if I am doing long hours next working day. It gives me energy to perform well at work.

5. ralls

ralls New Member

I always listen to music when I'm going somewhere, whether it's by train or car or bus. It does kind of depend on if I'm on my own or with someone - if I'm with a friend I feel obligated to talk to them, so I don't really listen to my iPod.

In high school, all of my music time took place on the bus to and from school.

Carneita2000 likes this.
  6. Ann Kramer

Ann Kramer New Member

I listen to music pretty much all day every day. I work from home so having music playing makes it a little less lonely. The type will depend on my mood, but as Leo Tolstoy said, "Music is the shorthand of emotion."

FatesWing likes this.
  7. Igor Sobral

Igor Sobral New Member

I can't think of a better time to listen to music than when I'm going to school. On the train, looking outside the window and listening to some peaceful and soulful melody... It calms me down. I once met a teacher who disliked listening to music and I just could never understand how. I usually listen to music at anytime... whenever I can. I'm even listening right now! Beautiful Nirvana

8. scald120

scald120 New Member

I love listening to music while I'm working. It always seems to help me focus on my tasks. It also helps me set the tone for the day. The music I listen to on Friday afternoon is usually quite different than what I listen to on Monday morning.

9. SarahW

SarahW New Member

I love listening to music any time of the day, but the best time for me would be when I am cleaning the house, walking, or driving in the car. Music soothes my soul!

10. drusy

drusy New Member

I listen to music mostly when I'm walking, running, or on the bus. I don't really listen to it at home much, though sometimes when I am doing the dishes I'll put some tunes on and bop around. I also sometimes listen to music when I can't sleep, then I lie in bed and lipsync. :p

11. zron

zron New Member

I listen to music in the morning, in the afternoon, in the car, in the shower, when I go to sleep... Yeah, I pretty much listen to music all day! It's my life, haha.

Music is a great therapeutic tool for times of emotional distress, and I can attest to that.

12. McKlatch

McKlatch New Member

My wife listens to music a lot, non-stop it's playing from her laptop. When she's gone I turn it off; I'm not like her, I'd much rather listen to a podcast or nothing at all.
    But when I get a song stuck in my head I will seek it out online and listen to it to get it out of my system.

13. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 New Member

I listen to music in the car (just like most people do) and while at work. I do software development for a living, and sometimes other people talking in the office will be way too distracting, and I can code much more efficiently if I drown out that noise with music.

14. drcschiff

drcschiff New Member

I listen to music when I wake up, I listen to music in the car, and I listen to music when I study. Music is playing when I pray, when I eat, and before I go to sleep. I listen to music in the car, in the house, and when I workout.

15. crystalonrye

crystalonrye New Member

My favorite time to listen to music is when I'm cleaning. Sometimes all I need is an upbeat tune to get the show on the road.

16. Sujayrishi

Sujayrishi New Member

I like to listen to music when I'm in the toilet. Usually I spend a lot of time sitting on the toilet seat. To throw away the boredom, I listen to nice county songs. I also listen to music whenever I feel sad. During these times, I prefer listening to sad melodies. I do this because, I find it very soothing to the pain in the heart.

17. cheli0793

cheli0793 New Member

I have different scenarios where I like listening to music. Most of the time I listen to music when I'm driving. I like listening to the radio because I get to listen to new music. I also like listening when I'm exercising. I get more motivated and I get to concentrate more on my exercises.

18. supun sanka

supun sanka New Member

When I drive, especially on highway, I like to put music or radio on. Or go party with friends, the party usually has music, maybe dj plays music, and people dance ...

19. Twali Kelly

Twali Kelly New Member

I usually have no defined time for listening to music but I listen to it more often during my morning work out, during my daily drive to campus, and sometimes late at night when I am bored. I also find it useful to listen to music when I am doing my research of writing a poem because it gives me inspiration.

supun sanka likes this.
  20. omer1151111

omer1151111 New Member

Hi,
    I am listen to music when i go to my work or when i drive in my car.

21. ak561

ak561 New Member

I do not have a set time for listening to music. Most often, I can be found listening to music on my commute to campus, while working out, or while studying. It is such a versatile tool that I can use to get my mind off things, or help me focus on others, and accordingly, my listening periods vary.

22. WilliamRSIM

WilliamRSIM New Member

I listen to music when I'm traveling somewhere, or pretty much doing anything I guess. I'm listening to music as I type this. A lot of songs inspire me to do different things and bring me back to different moments in my life, so when I'm in a certain mood, I'll listen to a certain song. Sometimes the music can even affect my mood if it makes me remember something.

23. John89

John89 New Member

I listen to just about anywhere. When I'm studying, jogging, driving, and I even listen to music to help me fall asleep. I would not advise anyone to do this but I even listen to music in class. Thanks to my headphones I rarely get caught.

24. Kim Wyatt

Kim Wyatt New Member

I primarily listen to music when I am at home or at work. At home, I turn on the radio and listen to music while I exercise, clean, cook, etc. When I'm at work, I'll turn on Pandora or another music site. In the car, I tend to listen more to news and talk programs.

25. ogtlb12

ogtlb12 New Member

I usually listen to music when I am my car going to and from work. Once I am at work, I listen to my MP3 player because my days can be stressful. Listening to music at work helps me tune others out around my area that may be keeping up noise or talking. Another reason for listening to music, it gives me the inspiration I need to get through the day. I am able to sing, dance and dream in my mind and no one can stop me. By listening to music everyday it eliminates negative things to think about throughout the day.

26. pchoksi93

pchoksi93 New Member

I usually listen to music when I'm in the car or when I'm working out. When driving, I just let the radio play and keep flipping through the stations until I hear something I like. I'm actually a fan of pop music and I enjoy listening to the songs that major radio stations put out. When I'm working out, I have a specific play list dedicated to making me feel pumped and energized. The play list consists of fast paced rock songs and a few intense rap and metal songs as well.

27. Spice

Spice New Member

It's quite an interesting question, considering the impact that music have on our life. Personally I listen to music when I need to get focused on a certain project, when I am having a good time, when I want to be in my own thoughts instead of hearing room-mates talking about the same boring things every single day and their problems (as you can see I use music to avoid making their problems, mine).

As @Twali Kelly said above, music can also bring on table, inspiration! But personally I find to get more motivated and mood-lifted by my favorite music genres.

28. Maokai

Maokai New Member

When I drive, especially on highway, I like to put music or radio on.

Or go party with friends, the party usually has music, maybe dj plays music, and people dance. Or musicians play songs and people listen to and dance with.

29. AdamSocial

AdamSocial New Member

I absorb most of my music when riding my bicycle or taking public transportation. I find it makes the time move faster when I can get lost in a good record. When riding the bus or train I particularly enjoy listening to my headphones. This discourages strangers from approaching and talking to me.

When I'm driving I typically listen to news or talk radio to keep abreast of the events of the day.

When I get home I'll listen to vinyl records to unwind. The warmth and feel of vinyl is stellar and audio quality is much more pure.

30. pezto

pezto New Member

I love to listen to music at my computer. When I am playing a game or just surfing the web. I also like to listen to music in my car, or when I take a walk. Sometimes when I take a bike ride, I use my phone to listen to music while riding. I do love music!