When do you listen to music?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Tiia, Nov 4, 2013.

1. mateusredfield

mateusredfield New Member

I listen everywhere because there's so much noise around me that I need to listen something or I can't concentrate. That makes me feel tired but I am alternating it with ASMR's, that's amazing I recomend it.

2. jeszai

jeszai Member

When I feel nothing. Sometimes, music is something that would take you to places, it maybe a place from the past or a place you want in the future. Music helps you to dream and to hope.

3. talagirl

talagirl Member

It depends on my mood. When I'm sad, happy, and most of all, I'd listen to music.

4. ai7aga

ai7aga New Member

I always listen to music when I clean my house , walking, cooking and shopping. Also I listen music when I'm in love :).

5. clairebalubal

clairebalubal Member

I listen to music daily because music gives color to my life. I am a full time worker so my days are mostly loaded so listening to music is one of my favorites since it can help me calm my tired mind and body. Additionally, pop music can make you dance wherein dancing is a good exercise to the body. Who dances without a music? That would be a little bit boring!

6. RosaLeite

RosaLeite New Member

All the time. Music has always been a huge part of my life. My mom is a singer and my dad plays the guitar. Music makes me see the world see from a different perspective, a much happier one. The universe communicates with me via music and teaches me the lessons that I need to learn.

7. Janner29

Janner29 New Member

I can't imagine myself living for a day without music, listening to music has always been a part of my life, I used to listen to music every time especially when traveling, studying, at work or even when I'm in the bathroom. almost all the time I listen to music, It calms me and helps me to think smoothly, music is very much therapeutic to me. I always believe in what Friedrich Nietzsche said and I quote "Without music, life would be a mistake”.

8. Chubalina

Chubalina New Member

Music is a huge part of my life, I can't imagine my life without it. I tend to listen to music throughout most of the day, especially when I need to unwind. It helps me relieve stress and express strong emotions. Music also helps me start my day and helps me to set the mood for most of the day. It also helps me keep track of the time sometimes, and helps make daunting tasks easier.

9. subhan456f

subhan456f Member

I love music.

I love it so much that if I hear it I need to do nothing else. At least nothing that requires that I think about anything other than the song.

I listen to music while I clean my house, while I cook, while I drive, and while I lie around listening to music.

I cannot listen to music while I write. Or work. Or carry a conversation.

If someone invites me to a party or dinner and there is background music, I cannot pay attention (to what they’re saying. I pay attention to the lyrics of the song just fine.)

I have a friend who claims he listens to music while he works, but if you turn it off and ask him what he was listening to, he can’t say.

He tells me he loves a song but if I ask him what it’s about he doesn’t know (even when he’s been listening to said song for years.)

If a friend asks me to “listen to this” I feel the task has to be done with respect towards the request. I stop everything. I lean towards the speakers. I close my eyes.

I can relate to this compulsion to multitask, but why must we fragment pleasure? Why must we risk sensory overload?

Why not give in to the full invitation that is a good tune?

Can you listen to music while you work or while you do any other task that requires concentration? (Not me.)

If so, are you listening, or are you reducing it to white noise? Do you heed the lyrics, or just the notes? (I always know what the song is about.)

When it’s a song you like, how soon after it starts do you recognize it? (Almost immediately.) How often do you know who’s singing? (Almost never.)

And, if you’re with me and I insist on belting out the entire lyrics, would you be irritated, or would you join in?

I hope you'd join in.

10. CocoMonrow

CocoMonrow New Member

I love listening to music when i am out for a walk somewhere. when i am alone. i also like listening to music when im walking around the house or cleaning, i also like to listen to music just basically when im feeling happy or sad it makes me happy.

11. jpvelascooo

jpvelascooo Member

i'm listening music at my laptop but mostly with my phone.

12. Littlegirl933

Littlegirl933 New Member

I listen to music whenever I want, and whenever I need it. It helps me release my emotions. When I'm tired, I need a soothing music to relax, and help me sleep better. When I'm sad, I'll find mood songs and drop myself to the tune of it. When I encountered very difficult things, I felt tired, frustrated, but the music motivated me, helped me to keep up the spirit of fighting. Listening to music is a great thing.

13. sallyjean08

sallyjean08 New Member

I listen to music almost all the time. except when i have a meeting.
    I really love music and it always lighten my mood.

14. bayinnah12

bayinnah12 New Member

Usually when I want to get away or when I celebrate. Sometimes when I relax and want to feel sexy. When don't I listen to it! There's a feeling or an emotion that comes along with music so my mood picks the tune. If I need a little pick me up or jam session with my son. Its on!

15. SaimaElas

SaimaElas Member

I always listen to music when im on a car for a travel. And also before i sleep every night

16. Rijumon007

Rijumon007 Member

My favorite environment to listen to music is on road trips....

17. iwisting

iwisting Member

I listen to music especially when I'm alone, during travels of course. Also, when I'm working on something that is boring and time consuming. I guess I do it when I am all alone.

18. selectra

selectra Member

I listen to music when am out walking, when am somewhere waiting for something or someone, when grocery shopping.

19. gabrielfigs

gabrielfigs New Member

Mostly in my car while I drive to and from work and at the gym, but I do love to listen to some Jazz and have a glass of wine on a lazy sunday

20. Tijintom

Tijintom New Member

Music makes me feel better and relieves my pain sometimes.Listening music always helps to concentrate better.

21. Nims

Nims New Member

I like to listen to music when I am at stress because its a stress reliever. Not only when I am at stress but also I love to listen music when I am travelling and also during my bedtime so that I can have a good sleep with a relaxed body and mind.

22. Tatstatstats

Tatstatstats New Member

23. Sreelesh31

Sreelesh31 New Member

Music is perhaps the only medium which takes care of both your good times as well as bad times. When you fall in love with somebody or want to be romantic, listen to a romantic song. It will serve the purpose. One the other hand, if you are in a sad or gloomy mood, there is nothing else in this world other than music which can give you the much-wanted relaxation and peace of mind, away from the gloomy world.

24. archiejay

archiejay New Member

I love listening to music during my free time because it relaxes my mind after my stressful work. I also listen to music while traveling or driving a car in order to reduce boredom. Sometimes I listen to music during my working hours in order to condition my mind and to entertain myself. Music improves my mood, alleviate anxiety and relieves depression. And lastly, I listen to my favorite music while doing my hobbies.

25. Rexway4

Rexway4 Member

I listen to music mostly during the weekend because I can not mix business with pleasure during the week days I go to work before I return its late allrady and I started preparing for work again for the next days,I use that little hour to rest and put things in place regarding my next day work.

But during the weekend that is when I listen to music the most since I have alot of time to spend scaning my music libary and folder select the music that interest me and listen to them .

26. tdiaz003

tdiaz003 New Member

I mostly listen to music in my daily commute. That goes without saying that I cannot leave the house without my iPod and earphones. The music obscures the sound of people chattering, and it keeps me relaxed and calm for a busy day ahead. Since my boss is not strict about music at the workplace, I also listen to music when I feel sleepy while working. All I need is an upbeat song to keep myself productive and efficient at work. Lastly, I listen to music when I go for a walk because it keeps me energized.

27. xPrxnce

xPrxnce New Member

I usually listen to music at different times, whether I am on the bus, at home, studying, sleeping, taking showers and listening to calm music to relax, everytime is different, for example when studying I would be listening to calm lofi music because it helps me concentrate, when I am on the bus or playing basketball, I would listen to rap perhaps or lofi as well.

28. zionekathleen

zionekathleen New Member

There's no certain time when we should listen to music. I would say, everyday and every minute of the day is a perfect time for music (ofcourse when you don't have any important thing to do). Music helps us relax and stay calm on a stressful day and makes us happy when we feel like the odds are not going our way. But there are also times that it breaks us more than we thought. Sometimes it makes us teary eyed by giving us memories we don't want to remember at the moment. One thing I guess, that we should do is choose the right music for the right time.

29. jjmontero

jjmontero Member

I usually listen to music while I'm doing household chores. It feels like giving more energy while cleaning. Also, I listen to it before going to sleep or somtimes I sleep to it because it just gives me some relaxation.

30. elaineeeeeey

elaineeeeeey New Member

I'm listening to music when I'm on travel, waiting, bored, taking a bath, before sleeping, doing housework. Most of my time I always have music. Never gets tired. Always make my mood.