When to introduce your child to a smartphone or tablet?

Discussion in 'Cell Phones & Tablets' started by jatejano, May 4, 2018.

1. jatejano

jatejano New Member

We're now living in a world ruled in technology and whether we like it or not, our kids will have to master it, in order to have access in methods of learning and, yes, to contemporary sources of entertainment. But the question is, when should parents introduce their children to a smartphone or tablet?

2. Gestep17

Gestep17 New Member

Introduce mobile phone or tablet to your child when they already in grade school most specifically in age 9-10 because you can actually educate them already of what to do and you can control them as well educate them on using gadgets, Today's generation children are more expose to all gadgets and sometimes they tend to be tempted by peers to open a bad multi media sites, If you will introduce gadgets to your kids make sure to educate them first.

3. tamss

tamss Member

Now we're e-mailing and tweeting and texting so much, a phone call comes as a fresh surprise. I get text messages on my cell phone all day long, and it warbles to alert me that someone has sent me a message on Facebook or a reply or direct message on Twitter, but it rarely ever rings.

4. edis

edis New Member

cellphones or tablet are not going to be great deal for this younger generation they already aware of how to handle the cellphones or tablet in previous generation like myself it is a luxury product and only few peoples used it frequently but nowadays every one have one so i think we dont need to teach them how band which age to use

5. Ritchde

Ritchde New Member

The best time to introduce smartphones or tablet to your child is none. There is no best time to introduce them with gadgets or smartphones. You're a parent, right? then the final decision falls into your hand. If you think that your child is trustworthy enough then why not? Actually, It falls down to you as a parent because you been there always for your child and you keep observing them everyday. As what they say"Mother knows best" and as a mother you always do the things that you think is good for your child.

1 person likes this.
  6. Trisha23

Trisha23 New Member

As a young parent. I am once addicted to gadgets. I had poor eyesight because of gadgets. As the economy and popularity of gadgets are enormously increasing. I cannot stop my child from trying it out but i can control it. I can minimize the use of gadgets. i will do so everyday for him to get disciplined on using gadgets. I can't tell when i can give him one because who knows. I give him a phone on 10 but he's secretly playing video games on other houses. All i can do is to never be tired of reminding him about the dangers of being addicted to gadgets.

1 person likes this.
  7. i'll introduce it him/ her the moment he/she asked for it and explained everything that gadgets are used to work and sometimes to school projects.

8. Markoriginals117

Markoriginals117 New Member

I believe that introducing such devices or gadgets to children, should be considered in the right time. The parent must be aware that his/her offspring, is ready and well equipped to understand the technology being introduced. As of the moment, parents are worried for their children, due to the booming effect of the computer technology in our age. It is considerable that children, must be introduced to smartphones, because our era is using the very gadget in our everyday lives. At least by the age of 9, the child at this age is already comprehensive and ready to handle such technology.

However the capabilities of the child must be kept in mind, there are harmful sites all over the internet or even other elements that could tamper with the given gadget.So it is up to the parent to deliberate discipline. Parental Guidance is still a must, in implementing this.