When to quit a job?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by yellowthegreat, Feb 21, 2018.

1. walakoname

walakoname New Member

Quitting your job is hard, but staying in your job knowing that it cannot help you to have a brighter future is harder. Staying in your job isn't enough, you have to ensure that your job can meet your needs. Most people have the mindset that once they quit their job no matter how bad it is, they cannot get another one.

2. shannettemc

shannettemc Member

I think you should quit a job when it completely stop being enjoyable in every way, if not before that point. I do understand that we need money to live. But I believe we should live to be happy as well. The job is not worth it if the stress is higher than the payout.

3. rebeccaverdad

rebeccaverdad Member

For me to quit in a job when you are not happy to the people that you work with. Its a big factor for me to stay in a job, if still happy to the people I work with then I will stay as long as I'm productive and happy.

4. Cessnavie

Cessnavie Member

Quit your job when you are no longer happy. It is not helpful working on your job when there is no happiness and passion.

Staying in a job, where you are no longer happy, will push you more to stress and unmotivated.

Find your happiness in working as this will lead you to success and good career.

5. Hannaeunice

Hannaeunice New Member

I can say that there are multiple aspect on when to quit a job. First of all, if you find yourself being not productive or there is no growth with the job, then quit. Second, if your superior is being to bossy or very micro management and you find it very pressured and the stress will kill you then you have to quit. It is unhealthy for someone to be always stressful. Third, If you have a better opportunity with other job. Better rates maybe will keep someone on quitting their jobs. Lastly, if you do have family situations that needs to be taken care of first. Remember that we need jobs to feed our family but if time comes that your family needs us in times of distress, I would rather put my family first before my job.

6. cmonsalud30

cmonsalud30 New Member

Nowadays, especially like me, 30 years old above, it is very hard to find job, because most of the company wants to hire the fresh graduate compare to those ages like me. As a remember before I had made 11 resume before I got called for an initial interview and get hired. I have so many experience at work and I have made 4 to 5 resignation in my company. The reason I resigned first is, the salary I have signed in the contract did not much on my actual salary. Second is the manager of the company did not like me, always yelling at me with no reason at all. Third is gossip, I was easily affected before with the gossip, so I do not want like that, I resigned. Lastly is I am not happy any more with my work. That is me before when I am still young around 22-24 years old. I'll just realized that there is no perfect company or work in this world. So I think some of remedies into problems encountered in my work. I cannot be choosy to have work since I am no longer young any more. So while having work with one company, I used their internet to find another income, since they cannot give me higher salary, I will find ways to get even with them. I answered survey and part time encoding and I got payed. If the manager always yelled at me, I keep on quite and accepted it, because I know I did not do anything wrong, so why will I get affected with him/her. She/he is not the one who's giving my salary anyway, its the Big boss. Even though he/she has something to do with my evaluation, I kept on working and doing thing rights. That is the best revenge. Gossip- now I can say that I am not affected with the gossip as long as it is not true and not below the belt. Sometimes you have to learn oh how to go with flow so that you are not the loser. Being happy in work is your choice, if you choose to continue it, it means you are still happy, if not then you are free to go, but remember all the consequence that you need to face if you do not have a job. Better to find one first before quitting on current job.

I hope my comment will help you a lot.

7. cmonsalud30

cmonsalud30 New Member

Nowadays, especially like me, 30 years old above, it is very hard to find job, because most of the company wants to hire the fresh graduate compare to those ages like me. As a remember before I had made 11 resume before I got called for an initial interview and get hired. I have so many experience at work and I have made 4 to 5 resignation in my company. The reason I resigned first is, the salary I have signed in the contract did not much on my actual salary. Second is the manager of the company did not like me, always yelling at me with no reason at all. Third is gossip, I was easily affected before with the gossip, so I do not want like that, I resigned. Lastly is I am not happy any more with my work. That is me before when I am still young around 22-24 years old. I'll just realized that there is no perfect company or work in this world. So I think some of remedies into problems encountered in my work. I cannot be choosy to have work since I am no longer young any more. So while having work with one company, I used their internet to find another income, since they cannot give me higher salary, I will find ways to get even with them. I answered survey and part time encoding and I got payed. If the manager always yelled at me, I keep on quite and accepted it, because I know I did not do anything wrong, so why will I get affected with him/her. She/he is not the one who's giving my salary anyway, its the Big boss. Even though he/she has something to do with my evaluation, I kept on working and doing thing rights. That is the best revenge. Gossip- now I can say that I am not affected with the gossip as long as it is not true and not below the belt. Sometimes you have to learn oh how to go with flow so that you are not the loser. Being happy in work is your choice, if you choose to continue it, it means you are still happy, if not then you are free to go, but remember all the consequence that you need to face if you do not have a job. Better to find one first before quitting on current job.

I hope my comment will help you a lot.

8. phiaangelica

phiaangelica New Member

For me, to quit job is not that easy. Having a job is very much important especially if you have a family to support. However, if your job already harms your health because of work stress, you don't have passion anymore with your job, you're not paid right, you no longer have work-life balance, and any other uncomfortable feeling you feel with your job then it's time to let go. Anyway, you cannot longer become productive if you are not happy anymore with your job.

9. If you do not have growth and development in your job and also when your salary does not compensate your job. When you do not see your self in the future still working in that company. The main point is when you see other company that has greater opportunity for you like higher position or higher salary.

10. I love this topic.

When to quit a job?
    You can quit your job for so many reasonable reason. If you're stressed out, when everything to you is not good you must quit the job. When you're dreaming of your tasks means the job is not healthy for you so quit. When you don't have your own time and space then quit and find a new job! When there is no growth anymore! Leave the job! when you have so many A$$@*les in the workplace. Please leave your job!

11. abby002

abby002 New Member

Quit your job when your not happy, because you work turn out a mess. You quit your job because your salary cant handle your expenses. Quite your job because you do not see yourself developing in many ways. Quit your job when you have better offer to the other company. Quit your job if you have a stable business and savings.

12. Nettie

Nettie New Member

Having a job is really essential but when you feel like you were not compensated well and your ideas were just taken for granted, you're doing your best but then the company you're working with does not recognize it, you have stayed on the company for quite a long time and you feel like you have not acquired any new skills and knowledge or you really did not grow but you have exerted enough effort, then that's when you need to quit your job in my opinion.

13. cerealdoge

cerealdoge New Member

Every job is stressing but if it's the right job for you you will have plenty of reasons to stay but if it's not, you will have plenty of reasons to leave. Quit your job when you're no longer happy with it, when you feel like you just "have to do it" instead of "want to do it". Quit your job when you it feels like it's choking you and you no longer have the will to keep doing. Because if you refuses to quit even if you feel that it's no longer for you, success might not be achieved, success if achieve if you are truly happy with what you're doing and not other way around. And also you need to quit your job when you feel like doing your current job is no longer you, it no longer uses the skills and talents that you have and when you notice that you are no longer growing despite of doing everything that you could possible do.

14. rrsflores92

rrsflores92 Member

The easiest answer it quit a job when you are not happy anymore. Well that's one of the right things to say for a question like that but in additional, you might want to add this to your consideration, quit a job when you already have a fall back. A small business will do or at least you should have enough savings to sustain your living up until you have finally found what you wanted in life.

15. aubeybey

aubeybey New Member

We work primarily because we have to earn money. To support our financial needs, to help our family and to achieve our goals. Quitting your job is a tough decision that one should think about deeply before doing it. However, there are some instances when we should quit and resign from our job. I belived the best reason to quit our job is when we are not paid right. We should be paid for what we do and employees benefits should also be considered. I aso think that while we are working for money, we should consider our professional and personal growth. I think that when we feel that we do not grow personally and professionally, that is when we should decide to quit our job. But deciding on quitting your job is an important decision and we should set our priorities before deciding to quit your job.

16. m3barnes

m3barnes New Member

There are many reasons to quit your job, but if you ever find yourself in physical or mental danger then it is time to leave right away.

Physical dangers are easy to spot. If you work construction or some other type of manual labor, you can see the hazards. If you point them out to your supervisor and they are not resolved in a timely manner, then you need to leave before you are hurt.

Mental dangers are more difficult to see. They creep up over time and manifest themselves in other areas of your life; this makes them more dangerous than physical hazards. A physical hazard is isolated to the workplace, a mental hazard is everywhere YOU go.

In most societies when someone begins to hurt mentally, they are expected to push through it and toughen up. As your mind tries to protect itself, depression and anxiety will follow. This leads to coping mechanisms like drinking or doing drugs, including prescription medication. It may also lead to physically abusing others or yourself. Finally, it can lead to suicide.

This type of mental illness does not just appear overnight. It can take months and even years to develop. The key is to become aware of yourself and to recognize the symptoms. If you can see the negative impact your workplace is having on your mind early enough, you can begin the process of quitting your job (i.e. save money, update your resume, etc.)

But if its too late and you are starting to breakdown at a fast rate, just quit and lean on family and friends to help you get through the tough times. Don’t be prideful. Mental workplace hazards are real and how you choose to deal with them can mean the difference between life and death.

17. Sunny Tones

Sunny Tones New Member

You should quit a Job when
    1. You are no longer having fun doing the job because then it becomes tedious and boring and this may affect your character and relationship with others.
    2. When the pay is no longer enough to take care of you needs and family. Then the job is useless.
    3. When you are sure of a better opportunity.
    4. When you want to invest in yourself and develope a business, you should quit and devote your time to what you believe. Knowing fully well that that is a great risk.
    To mention but a few.

18. Eckz028

Eckz028 New Member

Ahmm, I think you should quit a job when you are not happy of what you are doing everyday. If your too indolent to go to work, if this is the case you will never be productive. Both parties will have disadvantages. Next is that you are too stressed with your work. If everyday task gives you stressed, your not getting much of what you worked for, not having enough holiday, not getting benefits of being an employee. Another think is that you do not fit with the culture of the work, There are lots of signs to quit the jobs. This are only the few of them.

19. Mane

Mane New Member

It's time to quit your job if are under rated, if you are not happy, if it's not making you a better person your job must be your priority yes but if cost you a lot of stress and sickness then you must quit.

20. ashazamora7

ashazamora7 New Member

By you wanting to quit your job, I think you have to ask yourself a few questions before making that decision.
    1. How will you get by afterwards?
    (Do you have another job set up? Are you going to be able to pay your bills when you leave this job?)
    2. What is my reason for leaving?
    (Are you unhappy with your pay? Are you being treated unfairly? Or is it just not for you?)
    3. Could my mind change?
    (Is someone making you want to quit?) (Could I talk to my boss about my issues with my job?) (Could I try a new position?)
    There are a lot of factors that play when quitting a job, I say if you're not happy all around and you've tried your best to make the best of it, then hit the ground running, or if it's a place you know you don't want to be for the rest of your life, definitely move on. But if their are minor changes that could be made, then see what you can do to make yourself stick it out. Jobs arent always easy to find!

21. lacey03

lacey03 New Member

You've stopped having fun and enjoying your job. No matter what changed in your workplace, when you dread going to work in the morning, it's time to leave your job. Just do some inner thinking about whether you are frequently resistant to change. It may not be the job if you have a long-term pattern.
    You've burned your bridges with your coworkers. Your group is not getting along in an environment that requires people to work together well. Again, at some point, the reasons don't matter; start fresh in a new job and resolve to not let this situation happen again. Especially if your efforts to resolve the situation have been unsuccessful, it’s time to move on.

22. Kwisha01

Kwisha01 New Member

For me I quit my job that has no back up plan. I think I messed up my life. And I don’t know what I want to do in my life, don’t know what work I want. So guys don’t be like me.

1 person likes this.
  23. bouyen19

bouyen19 New Member

Quitting your job can be disastrous if you quit for all the wrong reasons. However, when done with proper setup and consideration, quitting your job can be fulfilling.

Let me suggest some things to consider before quitting your job:

1.) If you quit, do you have enough fund to put food on the table?
    This question should really be your concern especially if you've got mouths to feed. If you have a family depending on your current income, you must be cautious about quitting your job. This is why building your emergency fund is important. If you've already made up your mind to quit, before finally quitting, save up for the possible financially dry days ahead.

2.) Are you just being weak and negative?
    Do you want to quit because there are some isolated bad days? Or are you just dodging challenging tasks? Do not quit for all the wrong reasons. Gut it out and develop resiliency.

3.) What will you do after quitting?
    Do you have a plan? Will you jump into another job? Are you opening a business? What will you do as replacement of your job? Or do you plan to be home all day doing nothing productive? Setup your "post-job" plan and consider whether it is feasible for you to quit your current job.

We all have a choice. But we must consider things thoroughly especially if we have responsibilities.

24. mobkun01

mobkun01 Member

:):):):):)

25. jessamaeorozco

jessamaeorozco New Member

I do believe that in a work place the time that you feel unhappy , that is the right time for you to quit.
    Making your self lock up in a place were your not happy anymore is like wasting your time. Job is not only source of income it also help us to be more satisfied in every accomplishments in life.

Most of the time workers quitting their job because of the attitude of their subordinates or boss. I believe that we can handle the bulk of works but continuously spending your time to the person you hate is very depressing.

26. lindy770

lindy770 New Member

anytime -

27. Reynmarj

Reynmarj New Member

When to quit a job? If your not happy or your not enjoying anymore to the job that you are doing. I believe that if you love your job even it is hard or full of work, you will just enjoy, simple as playing. But if this job or the working environment you are working on don't contribute good to you, then you must quit and look ,for a better job that suits you.

28. QueenFarLou

QueenFarLou New Member

Quitting your job is a hard decision to make especially if it pays the bills. This requires thorough thinking of weighing the pros and the cons. But ultimately, if your job is giving you stress than vibe, take that step and turn on a new leaf.

29. simonsez29

simonsez29 New Member

I realized I had to quit my job when I spent most of my commute fantasizing about how I would get out of going to work that day and spending most of my nights staring at the wall wondering how my life came to that point. Thankfully I found a much better job quickly and I got to take a lot of time off to recharge in between, but I honestly would have quit even if I didn't have anything else lined up- that kind of environment just isn't healthy.

30. ljas

ljas New Member

There may never be a perfect time to quit a job, but there are some times that are worse than others. When you’re thinking about turning in your registration,be sure to carefully consider all the factors involved.
    Even if you hate your job and want out of there as soon as possible, it’s better to make an informed decision and leave when the timing is right for you. It’s important not to make a decision in haste that could cost you money and negatively impact your future career prospects.