Where do you guys think the best place to read?

Discussion in 'Books' started by kylegonzales07, May 23, 2019.

1. kylegonzales07

kylegonzales07 New Member

For me, my favorite reading place would be somewhere private. Whenever I read it just feels like I am entering a different world, and the presence of another human being does not only distracts my concentration and connection to that world, it also makes me feel like I am revealing a very deep secret about me! So I read on my bed, and usually late into the night.

2. Tasheika

Tasheika Member

It all depends on where you feel comfortable.

3. rextrip

rextrip Member

If the book you are reading interests you then you can
    read a book anywhere, in a bus, in a cab, at home, in park, at public places, anywhere. It doesn’t matter what place it is, all matters is how comfortable you’re in and how much you’re enjoying reading that book at that particular place.

Well, if you ask me about the best place to read. I’ll surely answer this to be the library.

4. nheilm2020

nheilm2020 Member

Of course, the best place to read is inside the library or inside your bedroom when you are alone.

5. gorden

gorden New Member

My favorite place to read is by my window. The room has to be quiet;i like to hear my thoughts. I got a special set there with comfy cushions and a relaxing view of the sea. Ofcourse i have my warm coffe next to me and some choco pops because;well, why not?

6. mghica035

mghica035 New Member

I have a bit of a strange thing in which I love reading at airports. I don't mean only when I am going to travel, but the atmosphere itself seems perfect to me. Something about how they feel completely disconnected from the rest of the world, a place in its own, with everything and everyone in it filled with a sense of departure, distance, exploration. It just feels like it inspires and impulses my mind to enter a free state to travel and explore the worlds inside a book.

7. mibridina2001

mibridina2001 Member

The best place to read is under a tree where there is peace and harmony. You can appreciate the things around you while reading.

8. Kaye8094

Kaye8094 New Member

For my opinion, there's no exact place to read books. I myself read in my room, kitchen while cooking, in school while waiting my food and sometimes if I travel while we're on vacation I read books. Place for reading is essential but the important is, how you love the book you read. Because on my experience even though there's so many distraction in my place while I read if the book I was holding is my favorite one. Well I don't care who's there, what kind of noise I received in that area as long as I was in the my favorite chapter.:):rolleyes:

9. yetyet

yetyet Member

My room is my comfort so it's the best place for me to read books. I usually utter words that I read so I'm a noisy reader who wants to be in a quite place in reading books. I easily got destructed and found it difficult to understand the text when noisy people surrounds me. I immediately stop reading if that happens and join the conversation. I just read books when I don't have people to talk with, when I'm bored or when I really have to, hehe.

10. iwisting

iwisting Member

I think it's relative, depending on the reader. I have observed that some of my friends like reading in peaceful places, but as for me, I go reading wherever I feel like it. Sometimes, I even listen to music while doing that.

11. mbrnrd

mbrnrd Member

In my room, especially when it's raining. I can only hear rain which helps me to relax, with a cup of coffee, and me tucked in a comfy blanket

12. clairebalubal

clairebalubal Member

I can read anywhere but the most comfortable place for me to read is my room where anyone or anything cannot disturb me. I read a loud because I cannot fully understand what I am reading if I am going to read in my mind. So reading in my room is the best option so that I cannot disturb anyone.

13. Chubalina

Chubalina New Member

For me, I personally think that any place that is quiet and calming would be a great place to read. Sometimes, I like to read on the roof of the building where I live, or at a small quiet cafe. But it would also depend on what I was reading. If I am reading for study or work related purposes, I would prefer going to a cafe or library. But if I am reading for entertainment purposes, then I would read at more peaceful locations, like at home or a park, or somewhere similar.
    However, the worst place for me to read is my bedroom since I would fall asleep.

14. subhan456f

subhan456f Member

Read Virtual Vault of Good Books. This is the place to come if you’re looking for something to get a guy reading. We’ve collected recommendations from teachers, librarians, booksellers, publishers, parents, and guys themselves. These are the books that guys have said they like. We’ve gathered and grouped them to make them easier to find. So check out the categories below or type something—a title, an author, or a subject you’re interested in—over there on the left.

15. royalinvidia

royalinvidia New Member

Having background noise is very distracting personally and makes it impossible to concentrate on the book, so definitely somewhere quiet and relatively secluded. One perk of audiobooks, I guess, is that they're much easier to bring along with you on your phone or on your car commute.

It's interesting that some of you mention listening to music while reading, that's always been a bit distracting for me. Do you listen to music with words or no words when you're reading? What about while you're reading for studying purposes?

1 person likes this.
  16. subhan456f

subhan456f Member

I want to know where readers of reddit like to read books! What types of atmosphere? Do people read in public vs in private? Out to dinner or out for coffee or out to the pub? Parks?

What additional items do you like to have for reading? Food, drink, candles, blankets?

Feel free to give as much detail as possible!

17. selectra

selectra Member

I like to read at the beach.

18. Hamdi

Hamdi New Member

the best place to read can be any place where you can just find calm and peace.

19. ItsMazohra

ItsMazohra New Member

I think the Best place to read is where i find my self comfortable. A place where i could focused without any noise.

20. Dorothy-5me5

Dorothy-5me5 Member

For me, where I choose to do my reading is a very individual thing which depends on my mood, my location, the weather or season, what kind of book I am reading and what reason I am read that particular book. If I am reading the book for enjoyment, I oddly like to read on public transport.
    Yes the bus or train the natural sway, jump stop and start of the ride helps me to immerse myself into the books universe.
    Another place ideal for reading a small cosy cafe with sofas the soft sound of typing in the near distance and the clicking of a coffee machine and long with it's armours of pasties with coffee can be quite stimulating. Hotel cafe lobby is also good and other waiting rooms. for instants the dentist waiting room feeling nervous read?
    Reading will calm you take your mind to another reality.
    Best of all for me and most people (I would like think) is in a warm bed, wrapped up warm in freshly washed sheets, at the height of winter on a Monday or Friday night, beside your loved one - Wife, Partner or Husband they are reading also peace, quite warmth, love and knowledge what a wonderful evening.
    With regards to reading a book for study.
    A public place is ideal, for me the library is a winner especially a big university library. A huge building dedicated for detailed research and study. A large selection of books.
    Library's based in the city centres or financial district on the weekend extremely quite because there isn't many people who live in non residential areas like City Centres so most people will have to travel in to the city centre to the libraries are people serious about accessing books, learning and reading.
    Clearly I love to read and I read everywhere you should try the places I have mentioned and let me know how you found it.

21. younglungu

younglungu Member

22. analth

analth New Member

I think it's library for me, maybe at home is the most comfortable place to reading, but that could also makes me sleepy, and library is quite but won't be too relaxing.

1 person likes this.
  23. Kenny254

Kenny254 New Member

In a library where there's silence surrounded by knowledge

24. joshlem

joshlem New Member

For me, it depends on the book and the purpose of reading. If it’s for academic purposes I’ll probably prefer a library but for novels I’d rather be in my bed. I do not have a preferred lace for reading magazines and newspaper articles.

25. younglungu

younglungu Member

the best place is were the books r always available