Where does your inspiration to write fiction come from?

Discussion in 'Fiction Writing' started by taylorstuckey, Apr 13, 2019.

1. taylorstuckey

taylorstuckey New Member

Hello everyone. I was just curious about where fellow fiction writers find their inspiration to create stories, and whether any commonalities can be found. For me, I tend to see something that stands out to me in the real world (i.e. a strange person, an odd scene, etc.), and then I start thinking about the potential circumstances surrounding it until, before I know it, I have a whole story in my hands.

2. Nytstalkerabby

Nytstalkerabby New Member

Spirituality is where it comes from..... When we dig deep down we get to know how to do things we were never told about and sums up as fictional activities

3. Ameyjing29

Ameyjing29 New Member

I tried writing stories, some ended unfinished, some are finished. I find inspirations through watching, not just watching. Also, listening to music and reading stories. Most of the time, ideas suddenly pops on my mind. I really love writing stories, to the point, that I can't express my thoughts. I don't know, I get a lot of ideas but it ends up getting wasted, I'll end up forgetting those ideas once I focused into something.

4. notaubs

notaubs New Member

It's much the same for me, OP. I've always been a daydreamer, I see something and I want to create an entire world out of it. I don't know if I'd call it inspiration, but that's why I write. You can push the limits of creativity, you can go build off what others have written, you can start completely from scratch — but it's the most limitless form of creativity that there is, for me.

5. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

For me, it comes from what I have experienced and learned in life.

6. anthonyhurtadox

anthonyhurtadox New Member

I'm somewhat systematic in my approach, I study the art of writing fiction and I try to break the rules laid out in a manner that's interesting. For example I'll look at the conventions of a specific genre and I try to think of the most interesting way to turn it on it's head.

7. jhezz20

jhezz20 Member

Ot came from my experiences and aome from from people around me and the current society i am in.

8. watsonse

watsonse New Member

I have three goals when I write:

1. I want to make people laugh. If we can laugh at a problem, the problem becomes less intimidating and more manageable.
    2. I want to make a point or deliver a moral. Rarely does the direct approach work. But if I can find some way to make the point amusing or enthralling, the message might stick.
    3. I write to control my emotions. This is especially the case when my meds run out.