Where Is Everyone From?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by cerwidion, Jan 2, 2012.

1. cerwidion

cerwidion New Member

I'm curious to see how much of an international community we have here. It would be really nice if everyone posted about where they are from. I live in Tucson, Arizona, United States.

Connoisseur888 and brihooter like this.
  2. valentin bogatu

valentin bogatu New Member

You had a good idea when asking about everyone living place. This way we will find about the diversity of nations that are represented here at postloop.
    I am from Bucharest, Romania. I was living a great part of my life here, or in the a near city Targoviste, altough, during my 43 years I was also living in Germany, in Denmark and a bit in the US.

Connoisseur888 likes this.
  3. ctec67

ctec67 New Member

I was born and raised in Austria, but have been residing in the USA for the last 25 years. Time sure flies when your having fun :)

4. brihooter

brihooter New Member

Wow another one from Tucson, Arizona! That is awesome because you don't see that very often. I love it here in Arizona. The heat doesn't bother me at all. I hate being cold though, so I'm sure that is why. Nice to "meet" you!

5. SheWolfSilver

SheWolfSilver New Member

I live in Oklahoma, United States. I hate the cold too! The past few years here in Oklahoma have been very strange weather wise. We've had colder than normal temperatures, blizzards, earthquakes and then the last summer we had a drought and a record breaking heat wave. I guess we get a little of everything here!

6. Sunsational

Sunsational Member

I am originally from Pittsburgh, but I currently like in Cleveland. I moved here when got married for my husband. Now divorced and kinda stuck here. It is interesting being a Pittsburger living in Cleveland especially during football season.

7. Dream

Dream New Member

I am from the southwest of the UK. I have lived in the UK all my life but have moved around a little over the years. I finally settled in Devon 31 years ago when I met and married my former husband. I love it here and have brought up my 3 children in this wonderful countryside. Now I have a beautiful granddaughter I will definitely not be moving again.

8. I am from a pretty conservative country. We are the only country in the whole world who still does not have a divorce law. Though I see that as a good thing since humans have no right to destroy the bond created by God. Aside from divorce my country, or should I say the religious sectors in my country does not approve of the use of contraceptives which in my point of view is a necessity in order for us to achieve economic development.

Corruption is eminent here in my country. Everyone does it; politicians, cops, lawyers, etc. That is one of the reason why I took up Business Economics. I am hoping to make a change in my country no matter how little it is. I am hoping that during my generation, no man would be willing to exchange his morals for money. That is my dream.

Anyway, I am from Philippines.

tx9030ax likes this.
  9. I am from New Jersey, USA. I have been here, all of my life and, it doesn't look like, I will be going anywhere, any time soon.

10. argon_0

argon_0 Member

I'm from Tasmania in Australia. The state is going through a financial crisis at the moment with severe cuts in spending on health, education and police. The native forests are being clearfelled despite the threat to the endangered Tasmanian devil and other rare animals. Other than that it is a beautiful place to live.

11. roelvvv

roelvvv New Member

I'm from The Netherlands, we don't have a culture.. there's not much to tell about my country if I have to be honest.
    Not that I want to promote my country or something but The Netherlands is one of the best countries to live in.
    Everyone has got a job (unless you have a disability), everyone has a health insurance , education is really cheap.
    And so on, but of course every country has its ups and downs, the downs of The Netherlands are:
    There's a big political party called: Party for freedom, They hate Muslims and other religions and are against most foreigners.
    And I don't know if its just my country but most of the people here lack intelligence and make it unsafe for other people.

12. estrellita

estrellita New Member

I'm from Lancaster, PA, United States. I love the summers here but hate the winters. It gets so cold except this winter hasn't been so bad.

13. Norikasonei

Norikasonei New Member

I live in California in a small town which most of the people here are country people. Not a bad place:)

14. saizo6

saizo6 New Member

I live in California in the United States. I live in Redding which is located in the northern part of the state (it's a bit funny because I tell people that I live in northern California and they automatically assume it's Sacramento, like everything north of that isn't part of the state). I've lived here for 5 years now and it's a nice place, not too big and not too small in size. The only unbearable thing is that it gets really, really hot in the summertime.

15. TuneBoard

TuneBoard New Member

I live in New Jersey. Fist pump! No, I'm only joking. I'm in North Jersey..not too much fist pumping going on down here :D. Fairly small town but I like it. :)

16. Kegan Piper

Kegan Piper New Member

I originally come from North Carolina. There is nothing like the southern hospitality that the people have there. Now I am living in Rhode Island with my family. It is the kind of place where everyone knows everyone and it doesn't take to long to get from one side of the state to the other side. There are benefits to living here too with all of the beaches being pretty close to me.

17. ttames

ttames New Member

I am from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in the US. Pittsburgh is known for having some of the top universities in the country such as Duquesne University, Carnegie Mellon, Penn State University, and the University of Pittsburgh. There are also lots of cultural outlets like the Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History. Also how could I forget we are the home of the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers! That is a great American football team for any international members who may not be familiar with them.

Lynne likes this.
  18. coloryourworldgreen

coloryourworldgreen New Member

I am from Pennsylvania, close to Pottsville, home of Yuengling Brewery. We live in a County that is considered Coal Country. Our Grandfathers and their Fathers worked in the mines and they are still in operation till this day. Some homes here are still heated by coal. I am also enjoying our weather this Winter, it has been very mild.

19. trufate19806

trufate19806 New Member

I am from Arizona. I have been living here for about six years and let's just say that I am still adjusting. The hot summers here in Arizona are unbearable. Typically, our summer days peak at 118 degrees. This is definitely not the place for people who aren't able to cope to well with hot weather. I miss being able to experience all of the seasons throughout the year. Unforutnately, that is a sacrifice that one must give up when they move to this beautiful state!

20. MarkBrenn

MarkBrenn New Member

I am from a small town in northeast Pennsylvania called Centralia. The region was originally mostly made up of Irish and German immagrants. A coal mining town in the heat of the anthersite coal region, perhaps the most notable thing about the town of Centralia is that it is no longer a town. During the 1980's a fire developed in an underground vein of coal. This "mine" fire forced the entire town from their homes. There were a few of the older residents that chose to dare the gasses emiting from the underground fire and the random opening of sink holes and finish out their remaining years in the homes they had lived in for their entire lives. Many of these people were able to finish their lives in the same house where they had been born, which meant alot to them. Once a thriving mining town with grocery stores, banks, and a wonderful community of people. A drive through Centralia today will never tell the tale of the town it once was or the people who took such pride in their town. They may be getting fuzzy as time goes by, but as for those of us who still have the memories, the town of Centralia will always be a special place.

Lynne likes this.
  21. MissL_81

MissL_81 New Member

I live in the United Kingdom in the North West of England. I have lived here all my life and for the most part I love living in this beautiful country. I would prefer the weather to be a little warmer than we normally get it, but every country has its downsides.

I live within two minutes walk of the beach and within a short drive of the most wonderful countryside. On summer days myself and my partner, take the ferry across the river and go walking in the countryside. Birds and wildlife are all around and I would not go back to living in a city again.

22. sharon00

sharon00 New Member

I am from Oklahoma City, OK, United States.

23. MarkBrenn

MarkBrenn New Member

I am from a small town in northeast Pennsylvania called Centralia. The region was originally mostly made up of Irish and German immagrants. A coal mining town in the heat of the anthersite coal region, perhaps the most notable thing about the town of Centralia is that it is no longer a town. During the 1980's a fire developed in an underground vein of coal. This "mine" fire forced the entire town from their homes. There were a few of the older residents that chose to dare the gasses emiting from the underground fire and the random opening of sink holes and finish out their remaining years in the homes they had lived in for their entire lives. Many of these people were able to finish their lives in the same house where they had been born, which meant alot to them. Once a thriving mining town with grocery stores, banks, and a wonderful community of people. A drive through Centralia today will never tell the tale of the town it once was or the people who took such pride in their town. They may be getting fuzzy as time goes by, but as for those of us who still have the memories, the town of Centralia will always be a special place.​

24. Melissa93

Melissa93 New Member

It is kind of a coincidence that everyone is talking about hating the cold, because I am from Wisconsin, USA. It just started getting warmer out. I am guessing it is about 70 degrees out right now. We are still expected to have one last snow storm, before the 80's and 90's hit us up here. Even though I have lived in Wisconsin the past 18 years, I can honestly say I am not used to the cold completely. Probably sue to the fact of the seasons. I just get adjusted to the warm/hot temperature, then I have to get used to the cold temperature. Back and forth.

25. shellers

shellers New Member

I'm from Memphis, TN. It's a nice place to live, but I could do without the humidity! :)

26. oldercousin

oldercousin New Member

Oh my, I didn't realize we had people from out of the US in here! That's actually pretty amazing. I'm still really new here, but I'm suddenly even more excited to be here!

I'm from the US, myself. Actually, near the middle of the country... never seen the ocean. I can't wait to do just that... eventually.

27. Mommy25

Mommy25 New Member

I've moved all over the united states, but my husband and I have settled in Michigan to raise our 5 children.

28. ukwildcatfan

ukwildcatfan New Member

I am very proud to say I was born in Kentucky. I was born in a small town, where everyone knows everyone. I now live in the city where you have anything you need. I am a really big sports fan, and I will be watching Kentucky bring home the championship this year.

29. codegirl010

codegirl010 New Member

Pittsburgh, PA here too! Love the golden triangle, steelers and primati brothers:)

30. LoyalServant

LoyalServant New Member

Cool thread!

Everyone here seems to dislike the cold... well I completely agree. Were 3 quarters into winter here in Qu├ębec - Canada and the weather is finally starting to warm up. We didn't get much snow this year ( in comparison to other years ) but I'm not here to complain, instead I rejoice this fact :)

As you've probably guessed, I'm not a big winter fan.