Which book is the best you have read

Discussion in 'Books' started by springtech07, May 5, 2019.

1. springtech07

springtech07 New Member

I would love to start reading books from different authors on various topics.
    I really need recommendations on which book to read.

Do you have any in mind you can suggest?
    Please go ahead.

2. Serdiek

Serdiek Member

Go and read "when the best friends kiss" you will enjoy it

3. mayimayi

mayimayi Member

Shopaholic Book Series by Sophie Kinsella are the bomb! Becky will take you to a roller coaster ride of emotion and you'd end up craving for more of her expidition. Shopaholic is now a movie, though the movie gave justice to the book, reading it is way better.

4. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

The Godfather and Lonesome Dove for me.

5. guitarbro88

guitarbro88 New Member

I would recommend "Man's Search for Meaning" by Victor Frankl. It was published in 1946, narrating the experiences of the author as a prisoner in the Nazi camps during World War II. At any time, if I feel monotony in my daily life, or if I feel negative about something, I read it. You can actually read the first part of the book in one sitting (around 2-3 hours, depending on how fast you read), which chronicles his experiences in the concentration camps. The second part is about Frankl's theory called 'Logotherapy'. The first part of the book is all you need to read (and re-read) to put anything that you're going to in life, in perspective.

6. veronica lucob

veronica lucob New Member

I would say "The Purpose-Driven Life by Rick Warren". When at times, unknowingly, our life's purpose and meaning, better have time for this amazing book. It's gets you go into deeper thoughts chapter after chapter.

7. Tasheika

Tasheika Member

Nancy Drew Mysteries

8. Thiagosouzacont

Thiagosouzacont New Member

The Saga of Harry Potter. I don`t know if you already read someone, but it´s amazing how Rowling got us to dive into the book like that.

9. rextrip

rextrip Member

The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway

I cried reading this book.
    Hemingway’s story of the anguished, hopeless love affair between American war veteran Jake Barnes
    and Lady Brett Ashley is set against the backdrop of the San Fermin bull festival in Pamplona, Spain.

I really do love reading this book.

10. mhatter47

mhatter47 New Member

I am one of the avid reader of books ,i really love reading books .There are lot of books you can select lovestory,fiction,so on and so forth. Purpose driven life book by Rick Warren is the book i may recommend because it open my mind and of course heart how great is this book.

11. Anniechrispat

Anniechrispat New Member

Sweetdreamer33 series on watpad

12. vanky

vanky New Member

Rich Dad Poor Dad For Positive Mindset ;);)
    I love This Book

13. shellnet

shellnet New Member

The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable is a 2007 book by author and former options trader Nassim Nicholas Taleb.
    I like this book. It was very interesting to read ir.

14. mbrnrd

mbrnrd Member

If you're into Fantasy/Dystopian/Historical Fiction WITH Romance. I would highly recommend the Red Queen Series by Victoria Aveyard. It has 4 books. If you loved the book 1, I swear you'll love the next books more. I would also recommend The Selection Series by Kiera Cass, it is more of gowns and parties. I might also wanna try Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas.

But if you're into light contemporary Romance. I would recommend The Statistical Probability of Love at First sight, Anna and the French Kiss, and To All The Boys I've Loved Before. They're the best!

15. aleena17

aleena17 New Member

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Set up in the backdrop of war and political turmoil in Afghanistan, the book is about Amir and Hassan, their extraordinary friendship and equally devastating betrayal. Written with grit and mesmerizing beauty, this book has occupied the highest spot in my list of favorite books.

[​IMG]

I am a passionate reader. However, there are very few books I have read twice. But The Kite runner makes an exception. I have read it 11 times now and will read it a thousand times over.

16. reubengtoms

reubengtoms New Member

I like horror stories. I've read the horror of Dracula. I liked it very much.

17. ai7aga

ai7aga New Member

Book called " el dokan" means the shop store, it's for an arabic writer.

18. CandaceTan

CandaceTan New Member

I think "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho. It was Mr. Coelho's subtle take on life being filled with headstarts ONLY all the time. You'd see my point once you read it

19. StephWhis

StephWhis Member

Definitely the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. It's my all-time favorite, and really different from a lot of the other books I've read. It follows the story of a group of human-avian hybrid kids and teenagers. I'm not going to throw out any spoilers or anything like that, but I will say if you like sci-fi, then chances are pretty good that you'll like this. I don't really know if there are any other books/series I'd liken it to, but I'd highly recommend it.

20. Dijwar

Dijwar Member

My favourite book that I have ever read is Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. I have read so many books but I can't prefer another one.

21. Snehaa1

Snehaa1 New Member

My favourite book is "Secrets of the millionaire mind" by T.Harv Eker. You must give it a try and you'll definitely gonna love it if you like to read non-fiction books. This book can change your mindset.

22. Popiiichan18

Popiiichan18 New Member

Ir you're interested in mythology I recommend the Percy Jackson series. It's very thrilling and full of action but still got those glimpses of the Greek and Roman Mythology.
    If you're looking for fantasy with magic in its center, there are no better books than Harry Potter series. Just look at the movie, surely you will be much thrilled in reading it.
    Try it out!

Popiiichan likes this.
  23. SonShineStateofMind

SonShineStateofMind New Member

I don't know what age group you fall into but when my friend on the cusp of her 30's handed me Meg Jay's (PhD) "The Defining Decade: Why your twenties matter--And how to make the most of them now?" I was hooked!

In my late thirties at the time, I was skeptical since there was no way I could turn back the clock; but, this book written by Dr. Jay was so honest and relationally written. She is a clinical psychologist by profession and a professor. She also has her own private practice in the Northeast. Her work is focused on adult development. Reading the book is seamless and engaging as she unfolds stories of young adults in their twenties who are confused about how to navigate life, straddling the demands of society while seeking to reconcile fulfillment of their own passions and desires. It came down to a recognition of responsibility of one's life choices and a consciousness of its magnitude in life's journey. She gives stories of both real male and female patients she's had and how some were able to use her advice to find the stability and grounding in their life that seemed elusive.

Dr. Jay makes a solid case around the 'wanton' societal view that what you do in your twenties does not hold any weight in the grand spectrum of your life. She proves [at least for me] in just the cases of the patients followed in the book that what one does in their twenties has major implications for how one lands in their 30'th year and sets the stage for approaching the years beyond with a sense of confidence and maturity. Your twenties are not disposable years that you carelessly use.

Though I had passed my twenties when I read this book; it had an amazing impact on me in taking stock and responsibility for my life where I stood. I was able to appreciate those great experiences and moves I made in my twenties but acknowledge that there were some areas that had I had a Dr. Jay perspective then, I would have made some slightly different choicers. Life as the GIFT it is, becomes so apparent. I bought and recommended the book after I read it for my nieces and nephews in their mid twenties :) Phenomenal read!

24. RopeTheloop

RopeTheloop New Member

The Uncanny Valley by Anna Wiener is a fascinating book. Ms. Wiener delineates the trek she took through the Silicon Valley. As a single female, she found herself surrounded by White men. The CEO and her coworkers treated her with unbridled contempt. The vibe was very palpable. Why was she here? Was she bright enough to be here? Nerdy guys with pocket protectors are in charge.

The book describes Silicon Valley companies that were toxic work environments for women. Engineers acted like a bunch of jerks. Sexual harassment was rampant. The men may be able to see the future of technology. But they couldn't see their humanity.

Silicon Valley is renowned for cutting edge technology. One day it will be known for cutting edge morality.

I found this book to be both interesting and informative.

25. RopeTheloop

RopeTheloop New Member

Processed Cheese is a quirky little book written by Stephen Wright.
    It is a mutation of the classic rags-to-riches tale. The main character, Graveyard, is down on his luck without a job.
    He finds the proverbial bag stuffed full of cash. Graveyard runs to inform his wife, Ambience.

The couple decides to go on a prolonged spending spree. Their behavior soon draws unwanted attention to them.
    Graveyard and Ambience are immediately tracked down by a law firm and private investigator. The private investigator asked them to return the money. The couple promptly refused to give back the ill-gotten gains. Hence, the game is afoot.

Processed Cheese illustrates the strange sense of morality we have. We value the things that have the least value. How long will it take us to learn this lesson?

I am glad I had the opportunity to read this book.

26. RopeTheloop

RopeTheloop New Member

Night Theater by Vikram Paralkar is a fragmented monster tale.

It takes place in a little village nestled inside India. A banished doctor named Saheb is approached one night by three murdered people and asked to treat their mutilated bodies. The doctor must stitch and sculpt their body parts back together. What could go wrong with this plan?

The physician only has a small window to complete this task. The gruesome procedure to restore life. Has to be done that night. It is too much work for one person to do.

There is nothing better than a supernatural story blended with an intriguing plot line. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

27. RopeTheloop

RopeTheloop New Member

The Third Rainbow Girl was written by Emma Copley Eisenberg. It is a true-crime case. In the summer of 1980, Vicki Durian and Nancy Santomero were killed in Appalachia. These poor girls were trying to hitchhike.

On the macro level, this is just another story among thousands of other stories about slaughtered US citizens. On the micro-level, it is a story about small-town poverty, drug abuse and the hatred of women.

Although this killing happened in 1980, it's very much applicable today in 2020. As a society, we have evolved very little in the ensuing 40 years. This is still a cautionary tale. It is simply not safe for anyone to hitchhike in America.

I find my self drawn to this genre of storytelling.
    The back story behind this crime is fascinating.

28. yoshibear

yoshibear Member

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: This is one of the best young adult fiction I have ever read. The story of Hazel Grace Lancaster and Augustus Waters will keep you hooked till the end. I have read this book four times and I still cannot get enough of it. I would definitely suggest to all the book readers and even who are beginners. This is actually a great book to start with.

29. Colton14

Colton14 New Member

"The portrait of Dorian Grey" by Oscar Wilde.